Move animations from older games - additional moves and Fixes -25th June - Hulk Hogan Comeback animation now added

BlindedByTheGrace

28 minutes ago, ahmedmedo07 said:

i don't want to seem annoying but can you port this pedigree from 2k15

I believe this pedigree animation is in 2k18.If not, which of the pedigrees is this in 2k15 ?

11 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

As promised, you will find a link below to the modified motion files. After testing, I have realised the move animations do not work well on separate slots. I had previously planned to port G.T.S 1 from 2k15 in an unused slot renamed as G.T.S 1, but this did not work perfectly for the following reasons (The animations work perfectly by the way) :

Very nice, thank you. Would you please be so kind and share the Move IDs of the added moves (and any of those you add in the future) so I can add them to Data Editor's moves lists as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cave Waverider said:

Very nice, thank you. Would you please be so kind and share the Move IDs of the added moves (and any of those you add in the future) so I can add them to Data Editor's moves lists as well.

Hi,

For the added G.T.S from 2k15, it only replaces the default G.T.S 2. However the unlocked animations have their own ID'S which I will send to you. A  few of them had glitches so I just turned those back off. I will search for some more within the next two days and will send you an updated list b then after testing to make sure the move animations are executed properly during gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1

50 minutes ago, kevthastar said:

i wonder what about the batista bomb cause thr new one isn't that good

The Batista Bomb in 2k15 is listed as "Beast Bomb 1" in 2k18, while Batista Bomb in 2k18 uses a new animation.

5 hours ago, ahmedmedo07 said:

there is 2 pedigree 1 & 2

what i want is pedigree 2

I think Pedigree 2 in 2K18 is actually the same animation. Is there a marked difference you have noticed ?

This is really awesome! I was annoyed when they removed the good GTS animation this year, but now we can use it again!

There are some odd things that may or may not be able to be resolved. One is the sound timing. Hitting the canvas is fine, but the knee connection sound is off a bit. Also the way it interacts with Carry & Drag is a bit odd with the timing and stuff. If they can't be fixed, no worries, I'm just happy to have these moves back :) 

I think he meant Pedigree 1 in that video. Pedigree 2 is still in the game, but 1 was taken out.

14 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

I think Pedigree 2 in 2K18 is actually the same animation. Is there a marked difference you have noticed ?

25 minutes ago, TheBaileyAce said:

This is really awesome! I was annoyed when they removed the good GTS animation this year, but now we can use it again!

There are some odd things that may or may not be able to be resolved. One is the sound timing. Hitting the canvas is fine, but the knee connection sound is off a bit. Also the way it interacts with Carry & Drag is a bit odd with the timing and stuff. If they can't be fixed, no worries, I'm just happy to have these moves back :) 

I think he meant Pedigree 1 in that video. Pedigree 2 is still in the game, but 1 was taken out.

The carry and drag will not be perfect since these animations were produced for an older version of the game where the carry and drag system was not implemented. If you watch the video link i posted, you will notice the sound timing is way off. This was when I placed the move in an unused slot. I have placed the move to replace G.T.S 2 as you will see when you download the files. The audio sync works better this way but not perfect. The audio sync will work better if I was replacing G.T.S 3 , but I feel G.T.S 3 has the pin animation and it wouldn't be best replacing G.T.S 3.

The move animation file structure has changed this year unlike previous years. The irony of it all is it's been easier to port some older moves over which didn't work in 2k16 and 2k17. A lot of the moves like the G.T.S and the Stone Cold Stunner moves did not work properly in 2k16 and 2k17, but work well here, while some moves like the Hulk Hogan Leg Drop which worked flawlessly in 2k16 and 2k17 do not work. Ground strike and grapple moves animations are especially tricky to port this year due to the positioning parameters (upper body,lower,side).

I still think pedigree 1 is in. Still looks the same. Maybe i.m not seeing the difference, please be kind enough to point out any differences. I've got no problems porting the move over. Obviously it will have to replace one of the pedigrees in the game.

Edited by squaredcirclefan

An update regarding the Hulk Hogan leg drop. here's what i did

. Removed both 33 files in the pac\ingame\motion\body folder

Added the Hulk Hogan legdrop animation files to the mot_mpc_patch_p30.pac file in the pac\ ingame folder.

The legdrop is previewed but you will notice it freezes at the end of the animation as seen in the CAM Preview. Since the legdrop has a pin trigger, it will alternately preview with the opponent being pinned and the opponent not being pinned. it freezes at the end during the pin animation as seen in the link below

https://streamable.com/ue6ee

Ingame, the legdrop works fine when the pin is not triggered but will freeze after the legdrop until the animation times out.

Here is the gameplay clip

https://streamable.com/flqcy

The other issue is when i replace the 33.mpc and 33.param files , the animation defaults to the original legdrop 4, even though I removed the legdrop animation files (822E.pac and 822E.dat) and rebuilt both PAC's. I believe there is a conflict somewhere , where one of the animation files in the 33.mpc or param batch flles overrides the running leg drop 4. Probably a programming error from 2K.  

• Too Sweet 1

6 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

The other issue is when i replace the 33.mpc and 33.param files , the animation defaults to the original legdrop 4, even though I removed the legdrop animation files (822E.pac and 822E.dat) and rebuilt both PAC's. I believe there is a conflict somewhere , where one of the animation files in the 33.mpc or param batch flles overrides the running leg drop 4. Probably a programming error from 2K.  

Perhaps they patched the legdrop later and it's in one of the patch files?

6 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

The carry and drag will not be perfect since these animations were produced for an older version of the game where the carry and drag system was not implemented. If you watch the video link i posted, you will notice the sound timing is way off. This was when I placed the move in an unused slot. I have placed the move to replace G.T.S 2 as you will see when you download the files. The audio sync works better this way but not perfect. The audio sync will work better if I was replacing G.T.S 3 , but I feel G.T.S 3 has the pin animation and it wouldn't be best replacing G.T.S 3.

The move animation file structure has changed this year unlike previous years. The irony of it all is it's been easier to port some older moves over which didn't work in 2k16 and 2k17. A lot of the moves like the G.T.S and the Stone Cold Stunner moves did not work properly in 2k16 and 2k17, but work well here, while some moves like the Hulk Hogan Leg Drop which worked flawlessly in 2k16 and 2k17 do not work. Ground strike and grapple moves animations are especially tricky to port this year due to the positioning parameters (upper body,lower,side).

I still think pedigree 1 is in. Still looks the same. Maybe i.m not seeing the difference, please be kind enough to point out any differences. I've got no problems porting the move over. Obviously it will have to replace one of the pedigrees in the game.

I thought that'd be the case. Oh well, it's just really good to have these moves back.

I believe Punk's GTS was only removed this year, I wonder if the compatibility would be better if it was imported from 2K17?

Pedigree 1 has definitely been reanimated in the last few years. Probably the biggest indicator is the pause after hooking the arms where he looks around a little bit, which doesn't happen in the 2K18 version. He also sells the gut kick a lot more in the older one where as in the newer one he kinda just slightly bends over.
In 2K18, Pedigree 1 and 3 and fairly new, but 2 is extremely old, so if you're going to replace one, then 2 is probably the one to go for. It doesn't even have a gut kick...
Pedigree 1 actually has a fatigued animation and Pedigree 3 was added in 2K17 I think, so I think it'd definitely be best to keep both of those.

1 hour ago, TheBaileyAce said:

I thought that'd be the case. Oh well, it's just really good to have these moves back.

I believe Punk's GTS was only removed this year, I wonder if the compatibility would be better if it was imported from 2K17?

Pedigree 1 has definitely been reanimated in the last few years. Probably the biggest indicator is the pause after hooking the arms where he looks around a little bit, which doesn't happen in the 2K18 version. He also sells the gut kick a lot more in the older one where as in the newer one he kinda just slightly bends over.
In 2K18, Pedigree 1 and 3 and fairly new, but 2 is extremely old, so if you're going to replace one, then 2 is probably the one to go for. It doesn't even have a gut kick...
Pedigree 1 actually has a fatigued animation and Pedigree 3 was added in 2K17 I think, so I think it'd definitely be best to keep both of those.

OK. I will take a look at the 2k17 GTS animations and the Pedigree you mentioned in due time. Will post the results soon.Thanks for pointing out the changes .

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Perhaps they patched the legdrop later and it's in one of the patch files?

Hi,

No.the legdrop isn't in any of the patched files.I extracted all the mot files. the 33.mpc and param files contain all the ground move animations.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, squaredcirclefan said:

As promised, you will find a link below to the modified motion files. After testing, I have realised the move animations do not work well on separate slots. I had previously planned to port G.T.S 1 from 2k15 in an unused slot renamed as G.T.S 1, but this did not work perfectly for the following reasons (The animations work perfectly by the way) :

1. The mat impact sounds ( when the opponent hits the mat) were not in sync with the move animation in a separate slots. I realised each move animation has a mat impact sound linked to its ID.

2. Each move animation has specific sound affects and move name call audio linked to it. For instance If the stone Cold Stunner is moved to an unused slot, the commentator does not call out the name of the move when it's used as a finisher since the audio is not linked to the ID of the unused slot. 

so the ported G.T.S 1 (CM Punk's actual finisher in wwe 2k15 )  replaces G.T.S 2 ( I will move the 2k18 G.T.S 2 to an unused slot in a future update)

Stone Cold Stunner 1 &2 animations in 2k15 are in stone cold stunner 3 and 2 respectively (unchanged).

I have also discovered and unlocked a few move animations locked by 2k, but with animation files in the game. (More to come ). You will find the moves listed as part of  the NEW category in the Create -a - moveset section

Running Big Boot

Reverse atomic drop 3

Two Handed Chokeslam Bomb

Stomping Kick 2 (Rey Mysterio middle kick in  wwe 2k15)

Spinning Backfist..

Backflip Kick 2

https://mega.nz/#!puIxRBwC!Q23IhRNs_6W7LNYBqWxBtX-4elcNPskssjzMGjNhjSc

Unzip, copy the createmode.pac  50_mpc.pac and 50_param.pac files to the corresponding folders as displayed in the zip. They will overwrite the default ones. (if you have previously downloaded @Elg's Hogan taunts, this createmode.pac file will replace that one.

1 hour ago, Zahir Lodhi said:

Sir where can i download stone cold stunner 1? Can you please give me the link?

Hi,

You will find the link in the post above. Do follow the instructions carefully.

14 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

An update regarding the Hulk Hogan leg drop. here's what i did

. Removed both 33 files in the pac\ingame\motion\body folder

Added the Hulk Hogan legdrop animation files to the mot_mpc_patch_p30.pac file in the pac\ ingame folder.

The legdrop is previewed but you will notice it freezes at the end of the animation as seen in the CAM Preview. Since the legdrop has a pin trigger, it will alternately preview with the opponent being pinned and the opponent not being pinned. it freezes at the end during the pin animation as seen in the link below

https://streamable.com/ue6ee

Ingame, the legdrop works fine when the pin is not triggered but will freeze after the legdrop until the animation times out.

Here is the gameplay clip

https://streamable.com/flqcy

It's already a good step forward, thanks!

Can you please post (or send them by PM to me) the files to add the Atomic leg drop hacked as a finisher ?

I don't really care about the "in game"  minor freeze after the move  and I'd like to test it out.

Many thanks in advance for your hard work ;) .

Edited by Thunder72

Well guys, good news regarding the Hulk Hogan Leg Drop. Done and dusted. The Kingston Boom Drop 1 conflicts with the file, so I had to extract the pac and remove 2  files causing the conflict. The combo pin freeze issue has now been sorted. I haven't been able to get the Boom Drop 1 move animation working on another slot, so I had to unlock the old Boom Drop animation 2K left unlocked in the game as a substitute for Boom Drop 1, so the preview isn't blank.

Here is the Create - A - Moveset preview for the Hogan Leg Drop. Unlike in 2k17, the Leg Drop works in the CAM preview

https://streamable.com/zyi7f.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

18 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Well guys, good news regarding the Hulk Hogan Leg Drop. Done and dusted. The Kingston Boom Drop 1 conflicts with the file, so I had to extract the pac and remove 2  files causing the conflict. The combo pin freeze issue has now been sorted. I haven't been able to get the Boom Drop 1 move animation working on another slot, so I had to unlock the old Boom Drop animation 2K left unlocked in the game as a substitute for Boom Drop 1, so the preview isn't blank.

Here is the Create - A - Moveset preview for the Hogan Leg Drop. Unlike in 2k17, the Leg Drop works in the CAM preview

https://streamable.com/zyi7f.

Excellent, you're a genius man!

Smart workaround by you to use the old Boom drop instead of the new one.

What about the ultimate splash 2? does it still works?

Are there any other side ground move glitched beacause of the Hogan's leg drop?

Can't wait for you to upload the necessary files once you've finished testing.

Thank you so much.

Edited by Thunder72

2 minutes ago, Thunder72 said:

Excellent, you're a genius man!

How did you figure it out? Smart workaround by you to use the old Boom drop instead of the new one.

Can't wait for you to upload the necessary files once you've finished testing.

Thank you so much.

Youre welcome. Thank you for offering to test yesterday. Examining the files later, I discovered a separate file controls the animation for the combo legdrop pin and splash pin (ultimate splash) . I had to add those files to the 33 pac. Also discovered the boom drop file contains data which triggers another legdrop file (that's the 2nd file I removed),when one triggers the finisher button to execute the leg drop. I will put the files up tonight.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 1

35 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Youre welcome. Thank you for offering to test yesterday. Examining the files later, I discovered a separate file controls the animation for the combo legdrop pin and splash pin (ultimate splash) . I had to add those files to the 33 pac. Also discovered the boom drop file contains data which triggers another legdrop file (that's the 2nd file I removed),when one triggers the finisher button to execute the leg drop. I will put the files up tonight.

Great, I just can't wait to try it.

Thanks

OK Hulkamaniacs here it is. Hulk Hogan's Leg drop from 2k15. This replaces the Running Leg Drop 4.

I have had to remove the Boom Drop 1 and one other animation file in the 33_mpc.pac which overrides the Leg drop. I have replaced the boom drop with the old animation. It doesn't impact on the Kofi Kingston Character as Boom Drop 2 is his default finisher. Boom Drop 1 is not part of his default moveset.

Download the zipped file in the link below. Unzip and read the instructions. Enjoy

https://mega.nz/#!QqZGRI7I!uRzz3npdn2rVykscApE49NfsqOEcUBQ2XDYHG9TfqVM

If you haven't previously downloaded the files for Hulk Hogan's taunts, here is the link which @Elg had previously shared below. Pls note the createmode.pac file in the Leg drop zip file is the updated one, so please use that instead.

https://mega.nz/#!oh5i0ShK!WyPHQDixMdJFJ3gWuu3UCPNgeOrmIxjNKmNgm2tVjVs

You will need to replace the 37_param.pac file with this one. This fixes the character freezing briefly after executing the taunts. It also enables the taunt animation to loop in the Create A Moveset Preview.

https://mega.nz/#!A7hTWRLK!m6HV9WrZoIaGB6hLOudc2xi64-ODyN2S7gOcR2dH7sE

• Like 6
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Glorious 3