Move animations from older games - additional moves and Fixes -25th June - Hulk Hogan Comeback animation now added

BlindedByTheGrace

9 hours ago, Elg said:

@squaredcirclefan

Nice work on the Leg Drop! If you'd be willing to share how you got it that'd be great.

Have you joined the discord? 

https://discordapp.com/invite/MDpmQ6E

Thanks for the invite. I have discovered a few issues with the leg drop at the moment. I realised It wouldn't work if selected as a signature or finisher, but only as a ground strong strike, which is baffling. I am reinstalling all my modified files and starting all over again. I will report my findings on the forum as soon as possible.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Thanks for the invite. I have discovered a few issues with the leg drop at the moment. I realised It wouldn't work if selected as a signature or finisher, but only as a ground strong strike, which is baffling. I am reinstalling all my modified files and starting all over again. I will report my findings on the forum as soon as possible.

Ok, I see.

From your  streaming: https://streamable.com/g0hfp

Proof is that you used it as a finisher and the "old" running leg drop (no taunt) comes out but, from strong ground grapple (side), the Atomic leg drop works like a charm.

keep us updated on your findings, maybe there's a simple workaround for it.

thanks

Edited by Thunder72

Hi guys, merry Christmas to you all. Just an update on the Hogan Leg drop (Running Leg Drop 4 in 2k15)  issue. After testing, I've realised unlike in 2k17, the Leg Drop doesn't completely override the Running Leg Drop 4 , but only works as a Ground Strong Strike (Side). The running leg drop 4 is executed as a finisher or signature move, while the Hogan Taunt leg drop is executed as the ground strike. @Elg is looking into it as well. 

If you do not mind it this way at the moment, please do let me know and I'll post the files. At least , it's still better than nothing.

Quite a puzzling situation with that move in particular. When experimenting for instance, i ported all 3 stone cold stunner animations from 2k15 in place of the new ones, and they did override them perfectly.

• Too Sweet 1

13 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi guys, merry Christmas to you all. Just an update on the Hogan Leg drop (Running Leg Drop 4 in 2k15)  issue. After testing, I've realised unlike in 2k17, the Leg Drop doesn't completely override the Running Leg Drop 4 , but only works as a Ground Strong Strike (Side). The running leg drop 4 is executed as a finisher or signature move, while the Hogan Taunt leg drop is executed as the ground strike. @Elg is looking into it as well. 

If you do not mind it this way at the moment, please do let me know and I'll post the files. At least , it's still better than nothing.

Quite a puzzling situation with that move in particular. When experimenting for instance, i ported all 3 stone cold stunner animations from 2k15 in place of the new ones, and they did override them perfectly.

Thank you mate and happy Christmas too ;) .

Can you please share the files? thanks

Edited by Thunder72

Hi,

Just an update on the Hogan Taunts. If you notice, you will realise the Hulk Hogan taunt animations do not loop in the CAM preview screen. You will also notice that when you execute any of the taunts in game, it seems the character is in a freeze position, until you move the directional pad.

Just tried a few things and the animations now loop in both scenarios. Video link below.

https://streamable.com/vopdi

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

Hi,

I have placed download links for the Hogan Legdrop files and a fix for Hogan's Taunts. 

If you haven't, you will need to download the taunts files from the link below which @Elg had shared previously

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, Elg said:

https://mega.nz/#!oh5i0ShK!WyPHQDixMdJFJ3gWuu3UCPNgeOrmIxjNKmNgm2tVjVs

You can just use this link to share if you want for Hogan's Taunts

Also, if you want a list of all other moves that need porting, PM me. I'm working on them all and help would be appreciated

Here is the 33_mpc.pac file, which you will need to copy to the wwe2k18\pac\ingame\motion\body folder. Remember to make a backup copy of the default 33_mpc.pac file.

This is for the Hogan leg drop (Running leg drop 4), which only executes as a ground strong strike,as explained in previous posts.

https://mega.nz/#!wjYHiLaB!qNIXdzLAt4X3ydt0nHYFzMv7y3CIxgM2PJXuZ4OVBI0

Here is a link to the 37_param.pac file, which you will also need to copy to the wwe2k18\pac\ingame\motion\body folder. Remember to make a backup copy of the default 37_param.pac file. This fixes the Hogan taunt animation issue where the character freezes after the taunt is executed in game until the directional pad is pressed. You will also notice the taunt animation now loops in the Create - A - Moveset preview screen.

https://mega.nz/#!A7hTWRLK!m6HV9WrZoIaGB6hLOudc2xi64-ODyN2S7gOcR2dH7sE

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 2

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:12 PM, Cave Waverider said:

The thing about Hogan's Legdrop is that it replaces a current one. In WWE 2k18, there seems to be a safety in place this year that has a wrestler stand up from a move if the animation doesn't finish in the maximum allowed time to prevent game freezes (which was a problem in previous years when a character got stuck in the physics or even cut off from a move at times, the "victim" could no longer get up/move). This in turn appears to make the wrestler get up early since Hogan's legdrop takes longer to execute.
Now, if one could find where that maximum allowed time for the legdrop  is stored and change that to whatever is needed for Hogan's (plus a bit more so it doesn't glitch out in certain situations when there is a higher distance, etc.) it could work. Or maybe somehow assigning it it's own move ID might work as well (not sure how you would do that either, however).

I do agree with what you've said regarding the animation time . The normal "running leg drop 4" executes at a shorter time frame than the normal Hogan Leg Drop. I believe this is stored either in the 822E.dat file or the 822E.param file. i opened these up in a Hex Editor but couldn't figure out which of the Hex Values hold the timing data. 

I believe the animation timing only applies to signatures and finishers, which is why the full animation is executed as a ground strong strike but the taunt animation is cut off when executed as a signature or finisher. 

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, AznBlusuazn said:

Amazing work.  Once you’ve got it done, if you don’t mind I’d like to get it all packaged up with Elg’s taunts and the updated moveset and pofo for every one to use?

Sure. No worries. Feel free to use the files as you please. See details in previous posts of the Hogan taunt fix and the Legdrop file and its limitations.

1 hour ago, squaredcirclefan said:

I do agree with what you've said regarding the animation time . The normal "running leg drop 4" executes at a shorter time frame than the normal Hogan Leg Drop. I believe this is stored either in the 822E.dat file or the 822E.param file. i opened these up in a Hex Editor but couldn't figure out which of the Hex Values hold the timing data. 

I believe the animation timing only applies to signatures and finishers, which is why the full animation is executed as a ground strong strike but the taunt animation is cut off when executed as a signature or finisher. 

That could very well be the case. Not sure why it would be only with finishers, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if the game devs implemented such a timing feature only halfway. You truly might be onto something here with the 822E values. I guess it might require some trial and error to figure out, although if you knew the exact values for various moves it might be easier to figure out.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

If I may add, I suspect that the timing values could link to the actual animation length. If someone could send me some screenshots of Hogan's Running Leg Drop in hex, the original Running Leg Drop in 2K18 (also in hex) and the 822E values, that'd be great.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, jakeypearce said:

If I may add, I suspect that the timing values could link to the actual animation length. If someone could send me some screenshots of Hogan's Running Leg Drop in hex, the original Running Leg Drop in 2K18 (also in hex) and the 822E values, that'd be great.

I've sent you files in a PM.

• Too Sweet 1

Thanks all you guys for  your efforts on fixing the legdrop,  let's hope you will find a workaround for the Hogan Leg drop move as a finisher.

Please , keep us updated.

Thank you.

Edited by Thunder72
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ahmedmedo07 said:

thanks man for your efforts ... when you will release stone cold moves files ? 

Hi,

The Stone Cold Stunner move animations have been ported over from wwe 2k15. Both animations have been removed from the game.

The first one replaces Stone Cold Stunner 2 , as they both have the same animation ID. Both can be seen in the video clip below.

https://streamable.com/oodxm

The second animation , which used to be Stone Cold Stunner 1 in 2K15, is in the Stone Cold Stunner 3 slot, as the slot is still in the createmode.pac files but was locked and the animation file removed. All I have done was to add the animation files to the 50_mpc.pac file.

There seems to be a little minor glitch with stunner 2 when executed ingame. Do let me know if you just need Stunner 3.

If you have previously downloaded @Elg@s upload which contains the Hulk Hogan taunts in this thread, you will need to replace the createmode.pac file with this one, which contains the Hogan taunts listing and the unlocked Stunner 3, which makes the move animations selectable in the Create a moveset preview screen.(

@Elg, just to make things easier, I have just unlocked the unused Stunner animation ID in your createmode.pac file. I hope this is OK.

You will also need to copy the 50_mpc.pac file to the pac/ingame/motion/body folder. Remember to backup your 50_mpc.pac file first.

Have a Happy new year. Download below.

https://mega.nz/#!B35TWajR!y6IAjWEg6Qugxe2DomkxX_V_OuLjiv1BmSC9FjTCVhM

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

@squaredcirclefan What's the ID of the added Stunner animation? I'd like to add it to Data Editor for the next release.

Hi @Cave Waverider, the ID for the locked Stone Cold Stunner 3 is 76C4 (C476) in Hex  -50294 in decimal

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

The Stone Cold Stunner move animations have been ported over from wwe 2k15. Both animations have been removed from the game.

The first one replaces Stone Cold Stunner 2 , as they both have the same animation ID. Both can be seen in the video clip below.

https://streamable.com/oodxm

The second animation , which used to be Stone Cold Stunner 1 in 2K15, is in the Stone Cold Stunner 3 slot, as the slot is still in the createmode.pac files but was locked and the animation file removed. All I have done was to add the animation files to the 50_mpc.pac file.

There seems to be a little minor glitch with stunner 2 when executed ingame. Do let me know if you just need Stunner 3.

If you have previously downloaded @Elg@s upload which contains the Hulk Hogan taunts in this thread, you will need to replace the createmode.pac file with this one, which contains the Hogan taunts listing and the unlocked Stunner 3, which makes the move animations selectable in the Create a moveset preview screen.(

@Elg, just to make things easier, I have just unlocked the unused Stunner animation ID in your createmode.pac file. I hope this is OK.

You will also need to copy the 50_mpc.pac file to the pac/ingame/motion/body folder. Remember to backup your 50_mpc.pac file first.

Have a Happy new year. Download below.

https://mega.nz/#!B35TWajR!y6IAjWEg6Qugxe2DomkxX_V_OuLjiv1BmSC9FjTCVhM

wow thanks man happy new year all was i want is stunner 3 

happy new year 

7 hours ago, ahmedmedo07 said:

just a question is it possible to port stone cold beer drinking  winning animation from 2k15 

Hi,

The animation you are referring to is Austin's title winning animation. It is portable but with a glitch similar to the ported  Hulk Hogan championship winning animation. You will notice in the video link below the beer cans and belt are displaced , and the liquid guzzling out of the can isn't visible.

https://streamable.com/sg8f9

• Too Sweet 1

4 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

The animation you are referring to is Austin's title winning animation. It is portable but with a glitch similar to the ported  Hulk Hogan championship winning animation. You will notice in the video link below the beer cans and belt are displaced , and the liquid guzzling out of the can isn't visible.

https://streamable.com/sg8f9

The missing liquid might be related to one of the particle files missing, then again it might not work at all due to the physics engine change (if it uses physics, which I'd assume it does).
As for the displaced cans, I wonder if we could redo these props in a modern format and get them to be placed properly.

• Glorious 1

Just now, Cave Waverider said:

The missing liquid might be related to one of the particle files missing.
As for the displaced cans, I wonder if we could redo these props in a modern format and get them to be placed properly.

If I get a chance I'll look at this.  Can someone tell me what evt # this is?

• Glorious 1

RE: Stone Cold 2k15 Champ Victory 

I was able to move it to a separate slot 8901 so it didn't overwrite the 2k18 Austin Champ victory (9101) and import the cans (2115).  But the 2k15 victory evt has 2k15 physics applied to it for the cans.  Also I could not find any reference for the liquid either -- its not a yobj from what I can see.  I'm sure this can be fixed within the evz of the evt, but I'm not going to have the time to dive in and fix this.  Perhaps someone like @jakeypearce who is the best evt modder around can look into this.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2