WWE 2K18 PC Version Recommended?

LexRed

Hello guys, I've been purchasing the game since 2k15 and enjoying it (much more because of this community) but I usually play the PC version. At some point I will be buying the game this year again, however, I was doubting if I should do it now or later. Having in mind the current sales I was tempted to purchase but I have only heard bad reviews of the game. Things like bugs and a lot of things than even though they might be little, they can affect the good time we may have playing. So what I would like to ask is, is the game playable, enjoyable and recommended for you? Should I buy now or wait until later on when patches and more fixes get release? (based on your experience)

It all depends on your specs. The reason you are seeing so many bad reviews is that unlike past games 2K18 doesn't scale well. In the past you could be at or below the min. specs and still get the game running, with 2k18, if you don't meet the recommended specs, you will get crash after crash. For instance, I have a Ryzen 3, with an 8gb RX480 and I've logged 150 or so hours so far with no PC related issues (the game still has the usual sloppy 2k bugs that plague the console versions as well), solid 60 across the board with everything maxed out and 8x AA injected via Radeon tools. So if you do meet the specs, or exceed them, then 2k18 is pretty damn amazing. A vast upgrade over past iterations in every way. With 2k18 I'd say it's worth getting now, since if you do have issues, they will present themselves immediately, leaving you plenty of time to get a full refund, and do get a refund if you're having issues, since 2k's patches have a history of making things worse performance wise.

Edited by Apost Khan

If you don't have a high end machine, or if you're unsure, it might be worth waiting to see if the patches make any significant improvements.

But if you definitely plan on owning it at some point, I'd suggest buying it today/tomorrow and get a good Black Friday deal price for it. I just bought it on Steam today for under $60 for the Deluxe Edition. Performance isn't great for me so far but I don't plan on having much time to play for another month or so anyways - so I'm willing to wait around and hope for more patches.

Apost has a good idea too about testing it immediately and getting a refund if it doesn't run well for you.

4 hours ago, Apost Khan said:

It all depends on your specs. The reason you are seeing so many bad reviews is that unlike past games 2K18 doesn't scale well. In the past you could be at or below the min. specs and still get the game running, with 2k18, if you don't meet the recommended specs, you will get crash after crash. For instance, I have a Ryzen 3, with an 8gb RX480 and I've logged 150 or so hours so far with no PC related issues (the game still has the usual sloppy 2k bugs that plague the console versions as well), solid 60 across the board with everything maxed out and 8x AA injected via Radeon tools. So if you do meet the specs, or exceed them, then 2k18 is pretty damn amazing. A vast upgrade over past iterations in every way. With 2k18 I'd say it's worth getting now, since if you do have issues, they will present themselves immediately, leaving you plenty of time to get a full refund, and do get a refund if you're having issues, since 2k's patches have a history of making things worse performance wise.

Omg, thank you for your responses. Huge fan of but of both of you. 

I'll do that! I guess that I was looking for some feedback since even though the game looks awesome, people were complaining more than usual. I was okay because of the fact that we have the game earlier than usual but at the same time I cannot wait to play it but I didnt want to be dealing with tedious bugs... but hey! I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your job in this community.

11 hours ago, LexRed said:

Hello guys, I've been purchasing the game since 2k15 and enjoying it (much more because of this community) but I usually play the PC version. At some point I will be buying the game this year again, however, I was doubting if I should do it now or later. Having in mind the current sales I was tempted to purchase but I have only heard bad reviews of the game. Things like bugs and a lot of things than even though they might be little, they can affect the good time we may have playing. So what I would like to ask is, is the game playable, enjoyable and recommended for you? Should I buy now or wait until later on when patches and more fixes get release? (based on your experience)

Id probably stick with 2K16 or 2K17.

rather than turn graphic options down making the game not look as nice , a preferable option with this game is to turn the resolution down a notch and either play windowed with the slightly lower resolution ( so it will still look fantastic , just a bit smaller ) or full screen letterboxed ( set it to ' no scaling in the adjust desktop size part of your graphics drivers . If you have scaling it would look blurry so black borders looks better than upscaled blurriness , or do windowed as mentioned ) . This game just does not seem to like a res over normal HD ( 1920 x 1080 ) . I have a gtx 980 and it runs as smooth as butter on 1080 but if I set it to 1440 like my other games its stuttery even though I have games more graphically advanced that run smooth on 1440 . I definitely think this game needs a performance patch , but until when or if it happens Im happy enough to play it looking great with a black border .