Rebuilding new character pacs

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

Writing to request support on a particular issue.

Whenever I open a character pac in x-packer or other tools and extract the textures and object files and rebuild the pac, the game craches when I select the character. I just needed info on the correct procedure. I will illustrate an  example :

I am trying to remove the boa and shirt objects  (001A and 001B)  from Hollywood Hogan's 2K15 Default PAC ,  remove the glasses object from the 0000.yobj file and rebuild the pac.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Extracted the .pach file from the pac

2. opened the .pach file and decompressed all the objects into a separate folder.

3. renamed the 0000.pac file to 0000.yobj and opened it up in xrey

4. used anatomizer to reduce the render count of the object model so the glasses will not render

5. opened up the 001A and 001B objects in x-rey and reduced the render count to zero (the boa and the shirt)

6. Opened 00CE.pac in an Hex-editor and zeroed out all rows and columns apart from the top row.

Now this is where I get stuck. The correct process of rebuilding a new Pac without the resulting model  crashing when selected in the game.

I used x-packer to create a new pac and selected all the files. I now use the compress and inject function to inject the 0000.yobj,00ce,001A and001B files into the appropriate slot.

I also opened up the new pac in PAC EDITOR and used the "inject as zlib" function. Is there anything I'm missing or a step I'm doing wrong.

I have both x-packer and Pac Editor. 

I hope anyone can guide me through the correct procedure. Thank you.