WWE2K19 News "All Future Games will Feature MT's"

the King Lives

For years i've been supporting wwe games despite their quality in hopes of the franchise getting better one day. However with the publisher 2k, it seems like its going in a different direction. WWE 2K18 will be the last game I own until it gets picked up by a new publisher or until they assure me wwe 2k19 wont have micro-transactions.

• Like 2
  • What? 1

13 minutes ago, Punkamania said:

For years i've been supporting wwe games despite their quality in hopes of the franchise getting better one day. However with the publisher 2k, it seems like its going in a different direction. WWE 2K18 will be the last game I own until it gets picked up by a new publisher or until they assure me wwe 2k19 wont have micro-transactions.

same here. and this one dude i was following on twitter had the nerve to say anyone that was against this MT bullshit were immature self entitled crybabies. so add one more to the block list lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Steenalizer said:

Hopefully this just applies to those MyCareer loot boxes and nothing else. I’d hate to see the creation aspects of the game being limited in future installments.

well after what happened with nba2k18 i wouldn't rule anything out but i think you may be onto something since nba2k18 has only focused it's VC/pay to win stuff on career/player mode. (i hope it stays that way)

2 minutes ago, pozzum said:

I shouldn't give 2k ideas.. but instead of the accelerator they could make all superstars use vc to increase stats.

hell no... i know you're just joking but this is about as bad as dr vries mentioning the next thing we know 2k will want to charge for these half-assed patches lol

47 minutes ago, pozzum said:

I shouldn't give 2k ideas.. but instead of the accelerator they could make all superstars use vc to increase stats.

oh please no...just no. Sending $60+ just to find out you cant play with characters already in the game?  i hope the 2k devs don't visit this site too often.

Gross.  But not surprising.  I mean, why would they sneak in loot crates this year if not to quietly build in micro-transactions next year.  It's shady, but 2K's a big company, and big companies are all about that shady money.

I'll keep a (slightly) open mind until I see how they actually implement it.  If it's part of a game mode I can ignore maybe I can deal with it.  But I'm already still annoyed that this year they're offering less DLC content at a higher price, and from what I've been reading in most forum posts the game wasn't well developed.  Their quality standards seem to be steadily declining.  It's not a good trend.

Hardly surprising, I think we all knew it was inevitable. I’m certainly not happy about it, but to be honest as long as it doesn’t affect the creation modes, and universe then I doubt it’ll really even affect me. If it’s limited to MyCareer and maybe some online modes, and those modes are still playable without micro transactions, then I can live with it. I’ll wait and see how this plays out before I react to it, it sucks, but not necessarily a dealbreaker.

Edited by Bro-HiPcavallo
  • Bliss 1

all of you taking the optimistic route better prepare to be disappointed. things that make sense never seem to happen with this franchise. (for example, the removal of batista's classic entrance the year he returns to the game)

2k18 was probably gonna be my last game anyway. this is another nail in the coffin

Edited by kevan1700

3 hours ago, Penguin said:

Can't be disappointed if you're always disappointed.

that's the main reason i go into the game with extremely low expectations

I’m just saying I know what to expect from these games. I know they have a lot of faults, and I take that under consideration before I buy them. I’m disappointed at the inclusion of micro transactions, but I was expecting that at some point. For now we have virtually no information about them, they may not even affect the way many of us play these games. I’ll hold off on throwing any tantrums until I know what aspects of gameplay are actually affected by this.

• Bliss 1

1 hour ago, Bro-HiPcavallo said:

I’m just saying I know what to expect from these games. I know they have a lot of faults, and I take that under consideration before I buy them. I’m disappointed at the inclusion of micro transactions, but I was expecting that at some point. For now we have virtually no information about them, they may not even affect the way many of us play these games. I’ll hold off on throwing any tantrums until I know what aspects of gameplay are actually affected by this.

i will just put this out here:

Star Trek Online, Marvel Heroes Omega, DC Universe Online i can accept Microtransactions with those cause the game is basically free without restrictions. but a game i pay 60-100 bucks for i shouldn't have to pay extra especially when the DLC is included (season pass blah blah blah)

just watch and you can like/fav this post but just watch, next year for 2k19 watch them announce all dlc is freea nd then mention having to get loot boxes to "unlock them"l, the Accelerator will be nonexistent and if this is outside of career/player mode and we have to do this to unlock stuff for the creation suite we'll all just be screwed. but i know the majority of us won't even go for this. then again it's not like we have much of an alternative.

I've been one of the few people that mention that getting a new developer/publisher combo would be a nightmare cause it'd be 2k15 all over again with us "starting over" but someone anyone needs to take this series away from 2k. WWE please do not renew this license. seriously.  I don't know who should get the license and i'm not all gung ho about EA getting it but anything is better than this garbage.

@Jai you don’t need to explain to me how bad micro transactions are. I get it, it’s a shady business model that exploits gamers, and it sets a bad precedent for future releases. I’m not happy about it, and I will certainly be approaching future games with more caution. But we literally have no information. I think it’s a little unfair to completely write off the series at this point because of it. Yes, if it limits the creation suite, inflates the cost of the season pass, and/or forces you to pay for what should be available in game content, then both WWE and 2K will deserve to fucked to death. But it might not be that bad, they might simply be allowing you to purchase VC to enhance your MyCareer, and the occasional lootbox. If they still allow you to earn VC at a fair rate in game anyway, then would that really ruin the game? For all we know you guys could seriously just be complaining about 2K giving players the option of purchasing a shortcut. Is that ideal, no? Could I live with it? It honestly wouldn’t affect me in any way.

Like I said, I’ll wait and see how this plays out before I cast judgement.