TUTORIAL : How to Find Textures + Texture Files Explained

AznBlusuazn

Hello everyone.  I put together a tutorial for finding the textures for 2K18 ch.pac files and explaining the texture files.

Tutorial_Textures.png
TEXTURE FILES MODDING TUTORIAL

Here are some thoughts I wrote from another post

In the 2k18 format of the ch.pac files, there is a file called 14.onet.  If you open that file in hxd (hex editor) you will find that a number is listed and then the dds file name then repeat.  

In the pac\ch folder, there are a series of tx files.  The textures are in these files. You have to use the 14.onet to find out where the textures are.  Like if a head.dds for Roman is listed as 36802, Roman’s Head is in tx36802 but the shoes.dds is listed as 36702, the shoes are in tx36702 (Dean’s tx pack).  2K restructured the way textures are referenced this year — they are shared across the characters. 

I would recommend not editing the tx files but just extract them and build the 000A and 000C and then build your own pach as you would have in 2K16 or 2K17. From there Inject into a 2k16 style ch.pac and set the slot through hex. 

If you are adding a file that doesn’t exist in the game currently (like if you gave Roman glasses for an entrance attire for example — adding a ch36804), you will have to add that file entry into the chunk0.def in the root of your install with hxd or the game won’t read it. 

Hope this is helpful for everyone!

• Like 6
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks for this tutorial. However, it is not working for me. I added a modified Kevin Owens as explained in your tutorial and manually edited the chunk0.def file. However, Kevin Owens is still appearing in his original attire. Removing Owens in the original pac location and just leave it in the mod location freezes the game at matchup screen.

Am I missing some point?

3 minutes ago, Tarnathos said:

thanks for this tutorial. However, it is not working for me. I added a modified Kevin Owens as explained in your tutorial and manually edited the chunk0.def file. However, Kevin Owens is still appearing in his original attire. Removing Owens in the original pac location and just leave it in the mod location freezes the game at matchup screen.

Am I missing some point?

Freezing on the load screen means the game can not find the mod.  Make sure that you have removed the default KO ch.pac file and that your new one is a.) in the mods folder, b.) the name is correct and c.) it is correctly inputted in the def. 

alternatively you can try putting the new KO into the ch/pac folder where the default one was 

• AznBlusuazn pinned this topic
  • Cave Waverider unpinned this topic
On ‎22‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 8:28 AM, AznBlusuazn said:
On ‎22‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 8:22 AM, Tarnathos said:

Am I missing some point?

Freezing on the load screen means the game can not find the mod.  Make sure that you have removed the default KO ch.pac file and that your new one is a.) in the mods folder, b.) the name is correct and c.) it is correctly inputted in the def. 

alternatively you can try putting the new KO into the ch/pac folder where the default one was 

What's also handy to note is that if a mod isn't working, you sometimes have to delete WWE 2k18's temporary folder in %LocalAppData%\Temp\WWE 2k18 to clear all cached files before starting the game. Sometimes it also helps to restart Windows.

• Thanks 1