Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

It is not necessary to delete the Chunk0.arc to get replaced sounds working. If the menu soundtracks aren't replaceable then SE hasn't applied the patch/fix correctly. That is mostly the case with pirated versions, because they don't write anything to the registry and that's the place where SE gets the path to apply this fix.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Too Sweet 1

I installed manually WWise 2017.1.2.6361 which is the newest version. but when entering the path in sound editor WWISE\Authoring\x64\bin then it states I have the wrong version or wrong path.

This path was the correct one in previous versions. Am I missing something? Or do I need to uninstall the older version which I use for 2k16-2k17 so I have currently two versions installed?

Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, Tarnathos said:

I installed manually WWise 2017.1.2.6361 which is the newest version. but when entering the path in sound editor WWISE\Authoring\x64\bin then it states I have the wrong version or wrong path.

This path was the correct one in previous versions. Am I missing something? Or do I need to uninstall the older version which I use for 2k16-2k17 so I have currently two versions installed?

Thanks in advance

Yep, the path has changed for SE 2018. It's now ..\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2017 without \Authoring\x64\bin!

Edited by TheVisitorX

23 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

It is not necessary to delete the Chunk0.arc to get replaced sounds working. If the menu soundtracks aren't replaceable then SE hasn't applied the patch/fix correctly. That is mostly the case with pirated versions, because they don't write anything to the registry and that's the place where SE gets the path to apply this fix.

i do not have a pirated version. the SE did say when i first installed it that it has added a patch to let me add menu tracks or something though, but it still doesn't work.

Edited by spoooook

If SE did say that is has successfully applied that patch, it should work. I have no idea why that is not working for you.. Oh, maybe one thing.. Which file have you changed? soundtrack_m.pck? It's not the right file... There are a lot of duplicates this year. Only game_mode_m.pck is the right file for the menu soundtracks.

• Like 1

Hello, I have a issue, It asks for the installation for the Patch (Fix) for Menu Soundtrack but every time i try to install it it shows me this in a error message: "Couldn't apply the patch", How to fix this? :) I just want to replace the IG-Soundtrack like i do every Year x)

Just now, BrianOrton57 said:

Hello, I have a issue, It asks for the installation for the Patch (Fix) for Menu Soundtrack but every time i try to install it it shows me this in a error message: "Couldn't apply the patch", How to fix this? :) I just want to replace the IG-Soundtrack like i do every Year x)

Do you have the original steam release? It does not work with pirated versions. Did you move your steam game directory?

• Like 1

When I try to apply track gain in Sound Converter I get the following error message:

"Couldn't apply track gain to file 0"

I'm trying to convert a wav to a wem file and it sounds quiet after converting so I'm trying to boost the gain, what am I doing wrong?

25 minutes ago, Tidal said:

When I try to apply track gain in Sound Converter I get the following error message:

"Couldn't apply track gain to file 0"

I'm trying to convert a wav to a wem file and it sounds quiet after converting so I'm trying to boost the gain, what am I doing wrong?

That sounds like a bug in SE. You can't apply "track gain" to wav files, because that is a mp3gain feature and mp3gain does not work with wav files. I will have a look.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I'm having trouble applying the patch so that I can change the menu soundtrack. When trying to install the patch it says "Error couldn't apply patch".

I do own the steam version. I have 3 hard drives installed and games on different drives. My C: drive is a solid state only about 100 gb on it so I don't install hardly anything on it, my WWISE directory is on C: drive.

My main steam directory is on my D: drive, with about 13 games installed including 2K18. On my E: drive, I have 57 games installed. My sound editor is also installed on my E: drive.

If I reinstall the sound editor to my D drive do you think that would do the trick?

15 minutes ago, Matt6sic6 said:

I'm having trouble applying the patch so that I can change the menu soundtrack. When trying to install the patch it says "Error couldn't apply patch".

I do own the steam version. I have 3 hard drives installed and games on different drives. My C: drive is a solid state only about 100 gb on it so I don't install hardly anything on it, my WWISE directory is on C: drive.

My main steam directory is on my D: drive, with about 13 games installed including 2K18. On my E: drive, I have 57 games installed. My sound editor is also installed on my E: drive.

If I reinstall the sound editor to my D drive do you think that would do the trick?

I will write you a pm.

Edited by TheVisitorX

25 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

That sounds like a bug in SE. You can't apply "track gain" to wav files, because that is a mp3gain feature and mp3gain does not work with wav files. I will have a look.

I've always been able to change the volume/gain in previous versions and always used wav files, is it a new issue this year? It's no problem I can convert to mp3 first but just curous now :p

3 minutes ago, Tidal said:

I've always been able to change the volume/gain in previous versions and always used wav files, is it a new issue this year? It's no problem I can convert to mp3 first but just curous now :p

Really??? oO Are you sure? Strange... Maybe I have something accidentally deleted!? Anyway, I will check this.. :)

Edited by TheVisitorX

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

If SE did say that is has successfully applied that patch, it should work. I have no idea why that is not working for you.. Oh, maybe one thing.. Which file have you changed? soundtrack_m.pck? It's not the right file... There are a lot of duplicates this year. Only game_mode_m.pck is the right file for the menu soundtracks.

i changed game_mode_m

20 minutes ago, Livin Proof 215 said:

@TheVisitorX

Fanstatic work but i'm having an issue. when i replace a superstars theme, in game i hear nothing during the entrances

Unfortunately there was only a small number of people with that issue in the past, but I couldn't find the issue. This never happened to me and I have changed a lot of files. Maybe it has something to do with your configuration. If you want, you could upload and send me your edited file and also the music file which you have tried.

And please make sure that you don't use older wem files, they don't work with 2K18!!!

I can't tell you more - sorry.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tidal said:

Yeah, same here. However, it does work still with some .wav files, but not with most. Not sure why that is. It's funky.