Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

@TheVisitorX Simply to tell you, thanks for all the work you have done with SE and MPatcher.

It's simply awesome, and thanks for the advice also : "game_mode_m.pck is the right file for the menu soundtracks!"

I've searched a long time those menu musics (lol)

Regards.

Ben.

• Thanks 1

I am having a problem with the Sound Editor.

if I download a WEM file, i can inject it no problem. But if I try to convert it from an mp3 or a wav to wem, i get an error. What am I doing wrong?

49 minutes ago, xXJHARDYFAN92Xx said:

I am having a problem with the Sound Editor.

if I download a WEM file, i can inject it no problem. But if I try to convert it from an mp3 or a wav to wem, i get an error. What am I doing wrong?

Do not use the latest wwise version! Use the wwise setup included in SE!

4 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Do not use the latest wwise version! Use the wwise setup included in SE!

Oh I didn't even realize there was a setup WITH the SE download. My bad!

EDIT: I just checked and there was no Wwise file with the SE download. I didn't have Wwise on my hard drive until I downloaded it, because I had an older version for the 2K17 SE but when I got 2K18 for PS4, I deleted it and uninstalled the Wwise.

Edited by xXJHARDYFAN92Xx

6 hours ago, xXJHARDYFAN92Xx said:

Oh I didn't even realize there was a setup WITH the SE download. My bad!

EDIT: I just checked and there was no Wwise file with the SE download. I didn't have Wwise on my hard drive until I downloaded it, because I had an older version for the 2K17 SE but when I got 2K18 for PS4, I deleted it and uninstalled the Wwise.

Go to whatever directory u installed SE in & look in the dependencies folder ;)

17 hours ago, NuJerzeeDevil said:

Go to whatever directory u installed SE in & look in the dependencies folder ;)

OHH I see it now lol Thank you so much!

EDIT: I tested the converting I was having trouble with before and it works now :)

Edited by xXJHARDYFAN92Xx

Hi,

I have some questions about how to use this program for modding.

I was thinking about replacing generic music and generic ring announcements by custom ones.
As an example, I'm going to use as a superstar who is on a dlc (smaller files, so easier to find stuffs), and has only one version. Let's say Ruby Riott from dlc10. I don't need to mod her, but I'd like to understand how things work by analyzing an existing wrestler's data.

Here are few sounds related to her that I found in patch10_dialog.pck and patch10.pck:

*ID*			*Offset*			*Target*
announcement 1			50082809		00 00 02 9C			00 13 29 0B
announcement 2			296212851		00 00 0C 38			00 7B EC 89
announcement (tag team)		560671532		00 00 15 D4			00 E6 F5 F9
announcement (manager)		277708099		00 00 0B AC			00 75 9B 11
elimination			653051058		00 00 18 CC			01 08 44 21

theme				616918074		00 00 00 D8			01 14 F5 1A

Her pofo says that her commentary ID is CC 02 (716), and her moveset says that her theme music is E0 EC 0A 00 (716000).

So where is the data that maps these ID to sounds in .pck files? Is it in ./pac/profile/? Is it in ./pac/sound/?

And by the way, what reference (which of the three columns above) identifies these sounds?

If this is the wrong thread to post this question, please tell me where it would be more relevant.

Hello, guys xD So, I have a problem, and the scary thing is that i didn't see anybody here post anything similar.I instaled SE without trouble and put Wwise to correct path.But when i convert and then import file, first it says 'file data injected', but when i pres play,i get an - error; could not play source file-.Any idea what i did wrong? Thank you for your time :)

12 minutes ago, Kolos87 said:

Hello, guys xD So, I have a problem, and the scary thing is that i didn't see anybody here post anything similar.I instaled SE without trouble and put Wwise to correct path.But when i convert and then import file, first it says 'file data injected', but when i pres play,i get an - error; could not play source file-.Any idea what i did wrong? Thank you for your time :)

Does the sound work in the game? In most cases that means that the sound file was damaged. There were some people with the same issue, but the bad thing is that I don't know why that happens. I can't reproduce it. And because it's such a small amount of people, I could never found a solution. Maybe it has something to do with the imported sound file. Another user has reported that it has occurred with one of his files, but not with another one. Try any other wem file from the media forum and let me know if that one is working.

Another question: Can you reproduce that issue? Is it always the same, even with other files?

Edited by TheVisitorX

First, thank you so much for quick response.I download Bobby Lashley file from this topic and convert a bunch of other songs, but always the same thing.It say your files were successfully converted, but the error appears as i pres play.Game runes without problems and i can listen to any song there SE

56 minutes ago, Kolos87 said:

First, thank you so much for quick response.I download Bobby Lashley file from this topic and convert a bunch of other songs, but always the same thing.It say your files were successfully converted, but the error appears as i pres play.Game runes without problems and i can listen to any song there SE

So it is just an issue with the preview in SE, right? In-game all sounds work, even the replaced ones? Does the preview in SE work with non replaced sounds?

Edited by TheVisitorX

For example, I want to change Seth Rollins theme.I can play old one, but when imported, its says error :( When i enter the game, my imported is not saved, it still old one, it's like SE doesn't even recognize the new file and don't save the change,  simple return to an old version.

@Kolos87 Is your game running while you are injecting the sound files, by any chance? If so, shut it down, restore your .pck files from the Sound Editor Backup directory and try again while the game isn't running.

• Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1

14 hours ago, Kolos87 said:

For example, I want to change Seth Rollins theme.I can play old one, but when imported, its says error :( When i enter the game, my imported is not saved, it still old one, it's like SE doesn't even recognize the new file and don't save the change,  simple return to an old version.

You need to have the game running off during the .wem files injection. Those works fine for me in Menu mode, Entrances musics, Shows musics. When you have injected all the musics you want, just close the program, and launch the game.

Regards.

Ben

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sawchuk111 said:

is there any way i could get a download of SE2018 in a drop box, google drive link, or some other way?.....My network blocks the website hosting the download

It's a google drive link, but behind an ad-provider. I know that this links are "critical", but it does bring a little money to support my work and for people who can't or don't want to donate. Even if it's not much. So, unfortunately, I will also not publish such a link. I'm sorry. And please don't post links to a direct download in this thread!

Edited by TheVisitorX

I replaced the Candies 3 theme with the theme for Faarooq. His moveset is set to the Candies 3 theme, and using SE, I've replaced it and it appears to preview fine. When I enter the game, there's no music for him. I'm clearly missing something, but I'm not sure what. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

It's a google drive link, but behind an ad-provider. I know that this links are "critical", but it does bring a little money to support my work and for people who can't or don't want to donate. Even if it's not much. So, unfortunately, I will also not publish such a link. I'm sorry. And please don't post links to a direct download in this thread!

thanks for the quick reply... i understand the reasoning... was able to find a way around the block 

23 minutes ago, TheRealWorldsChamp said:

I replaced the Candies 3 theme with the theme for Faarooq. His moveset is set to the Candies 3 theme, and using SE, I've replaced it and it appears to preview fine. When I enter the game, there's no music for him. I'm clearly missing something, but I'm not sure what. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I can only repeat myself. In the past there were a few people with the same issue, but it could not be reproduced here. I don't think it's the theme itself. It seems to have something to do with the mp3 / wav file used. One possibility would be that you have used an old wem file. Unfortunately they aren't compatible with 2k18.

20 minutes ago, sawchuk111 said:

thanks for the quick reply... i understand the reasoning... was able to find a way around the block 

Glad that you could find a way! Of course I do not want to exclude anyone from using my tools.

Which tracks have you tried to change? Are you sure that the patch-process was successful? Have you made any changes or a repair via Steam?

Edited by TheVisitorX

3 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Which tracks have you tried to change? Are you sure that the patch-process was successful? Have you made any changes or a repair via Steam?

Uhh one was the Cruisin Down the street in my 6-4 and the other one I don't remember. But the new songs I tried putting in do not play, its the original files.

I had to uninstall my game and then reinstall it because after trying to install an Adam Rose port into my game, the pofo was broken and no matter how long I waited for the game to come up when booting it up, it just stayed at the white screen. It never loaded. I just finished reinstalling it not too long ago and after booting it up the first time, closing it, clearing the chunk0.arc, then I ran the patcher and it said it was successful. But it didnt work.

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Unfortunately, I can only repeat myself. In the past there were a few people with the same issue, but it could not be reproduced here. I don't think it's the theme itself. It seems to have something to do with the mp3 / wav file used. One possibility would be that you have used an old wem file. Unfortunately they aren't compatible with 2k18.

Glad that you could find a way! Of course I do not want to exclude anyone from using my tools.

Oh wow. I've become *that* guy who doesn't read the forums thoroughly enough. Sorry, @TheVisitorX! I'll be better from here on out. :D