Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

It is finished!  The ra_m.pck file is now fully indexed!  Here's the updated custom_data.xml --

Google Drive Download (custom_data_021318_05.xml)

Funny thing, I started this initially because I replaced Enzo Amore with Hulk Hogan (so I can have a custom render) but I wanted to find Enzo's ring announcement to change the name...  Literally thousands upon thousands of files, with so much repetition of stupid names and sayings, and yet Enzo is only included TWICE!  His name alone, and "Enzo Amore has been eliminated"  Oh my gosh...  And sadly, I only came across it towards the end of this process...  But now nobody else will have to endure that torture of Jo Jo's voice for countless hours!  :D

Not at all necessary, but if anyone is so inclined to donate to the cause of indexing these tedious sound clips, feel free to show some love - PayPal Donation

• Thanks 2
  • Glorious 1

Im sorry if you already awnsered this Question but i have a problem with the wwise settings, when i try to convert a file to wem, it says,

ERROR

File 0 to wem failed. Please check your Wwise settings.

I really dont know what to do i read almost everything that was wrote here and watched several tutorials but i dont know what to do with wwise.

7 minutes ago, Hutli said:

Im sorry if you already awnsered this Question but i have a problem with the wwise settings, when i try to convert a file to wem, it says,

ERROR

File 0 to wem failed. Please check your Wwise settings.

I really dont know what to do i read almost everything that was wrote here and watched several tutorials but i dont know what to do with wwise.

Ahh i okay i solved it sorry.

Here is the custom_data.xml for "music_show_m.pck"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<data>
  <sounds>
    <sound id="1019595330" name="SummerSlam" />
    <sound id="1044869586" name="RAW '16" />
    <sound id="10838706" name="NXT '16" />
    <sound id="109362037" name="TLC" />
    <sound id="138444182" name="Extreme Rules" />
    <sound id="167202458" name="RAW" />
    <sound id="190015676" name="WCW Halloween Havoc" />
    <sound id="212725442" name="No Mercy" />
    <sound id="302046107" name="NXT TakeOver: San Antonio" />
    <sound id="307517985" name="WWE Clash of Champions" />
    <sound id="336704925" name="SmackDown '16" />
    <sound id="351149614" name="WWF Saturday Night's Main Event XXIV " />
    <sound id="390309348" name="NXT TakeOver: Orlando" />
    <sound id="39221424" name="WrestleMania 32" />
    <sound id="445265908" name="WCW Saturday Night" />
    <sound id="457733271" name="SmackDown 2000" />
    <sound id="458147331" name="WrestleMania 33" />
    <sound id="461383951" name="WWF Summerslam 1988 (Powerpoint)." />
    <sound id="465551120" name="Clash of the Champions" />
    <sound id="496080639" name="Backlash" />
    <sound id="49917041" name="WWE Main Event (On My Own)." />
    <sound id="544843435" name="NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II" />
    <sound id="550504765" name="NXT TakeOver" />
    <sound id="56881651" name="WCW Japan Supershow I (Kodo Dragon 60)." />
    <sound id="573091086" name="Survivor Series" />
    <sound id="577001583" name="ECW One Night Stand" />
    <sound id="594341344" name="NXT" />
    <sound id="604606345" name="Money In The Bank" />
    <sound id="619025278" name="RAW '16" />
    <sound id="662911668" name="Elimination Chamber" />
    <sound id="687801267" name="Fastlane" />
    <sound id="705162225" name="World Class Championship Wrestling '86." />
    <sound id="796045093" name="NXT TakeOver: The End" />
    <sound id="804686779" name="Hell In A Cell" />
    <sound id="823161487" name="WWF Raw is War 1998 (Flatlined)." />
    <sound id="86617402" name="Royal Rumble" />
    <sound id="880295260" name="SmackDown Live" />
    <sound id="896251278" name="Roadblock" />
    <sound id="910756201" name="Battleground" />
    <sound id="92331781" name="205 Live" />
    <sound id="927279907" name="Payback" />
    <sound id="979549720" name="WCW Nitro (Crash Site)." />
    <sound id="988529967" name="WCW Bash at the Beach (Catching Waves)." />
  </sounds>
</data>

Edited by Dnz777
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've started working on character_ss0_m.pck which includes a ton of custom conversational stuff specific to individual wrestlers.  (So far, I sorted by largest file size and everything I've heard is Corey Graves giving historic information on each person.)

I won't be transcribing the entire wording, but will instead enter the wrestler name, then a dash and initials of the commentator who is speaking (CG, MC, or BS)  For example, "Steve Austin - CG"  This should make it a little faster to process, and when sorted alphabetically, it will group all custom clips together with the relevant Superstar name.

EDIT:  Been making good progress, but I realized Corey Graves and Byron Saxton sound almost identical!  So I'm doing my best to identify which is which, usually Graves is more sarcastic and humorous, and Saxton is more positive in his comments.  In the long run, it doesn't really matter since I'm identifying primarily the Superstar's name it references.  One thing I have learned, Michael Cole just phones it in!  All the Cole stuff sounds like he was having a bad day when recording all the clips.  Corey and even Byron seemed to have fun when recording very unique lines, whereas Cole sounds like a Cole Robot.  Ha!

Edited by TheKreator
  • Thanks 2
  • Yes! 1

11 hours ago, TheKreator said:

I've started working on character_ss0_m.pck which includes a ton of custom conversational stuff specific to individual wrestlers.  (So far, I sorted by largest file size and everything I've heard is Corey Graves giving historic information on each person.)

I won't be transcribing the entire wording, but will instead enter the wrestler name, then a dash and initials of the commentator who is speaking (CG, MC, or BS)  For example, "Steve Austin - CG"  This should make it a little faster to process, and when sorted alphabetically, it will group all custom clips together with the relevant Superstar name.

EDIT:  Been making good progress, but I realized Corey Graves and Byron Saxton sound almost identical!  So I'm doing my best to identify which is which, usually Graves is more sarcastic and humorous, and Saxton is more positive in his comments.  In the long run, it doesn't really matter since I'm identifying primarily the Superstar's name it references.  One thing I have learned, Michael Cole just phones it in!  All the Cole stuff sounds like he was having a bad day when recording all the clips.  Corey and even Byron seemed to have fun when recording very unique lines, whereas Cole sounds like a Cole Robot.  Ha!

Your work on this is highly appreciated. Great stuff bro.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:55 PM, TheKreator said:

It is finished!  The ra_m.pck file is now fully indexed!  Here's the updated custom_data.xml --

Google Drive Download (custom_data_021318_05.xml)

Funny thing, I started this initially because I replaced Enzo Amore with Hulk Hogan (so I can have a custom render) but I wanted to find Enzo's ring announcement to change the name...  Literally thousands upon thousands of files, with so much repetition of stupid names and sayings, and yet Enzo is only included TWICE!  His name alone, and "Enzo Amore has been eliminated"  Oh my gosh...  And sadly, I only came across it towards the end of this process...  But now nobody else will have to endure that torture of Jo Jo's voice for countless hours!  :D

Not at all necessary, but if anyone is so inclined to donate to the cause of indexing these tedious sound clips, feel free to show some love - PayPal Donation

I think I have got the Hulk Hogan commentary audio files for 2k15.Will have to check my uploads . I extracted all his commentary audio Last year.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Your work on this is highly appreciated. Great stuff bro.

I think I have got the Hulk Hogan commentary audio files for 2k15.Will have to check my uploads . I extracted all his commentary audio Last year.

That would be fantastic!  I've also made a lot of progress through the character_ss6_m.pck which includes all the wrestler vocals for taunts, entrances, and unique wrestler-specific crowd chants.  It also includes what appears to be overflow for more JoJo ring announcements for each wrestler.  Mapping all this out is going to make for some really neat mod possibilities.

Here's an interesting question, are you able to look inside the taunt animation files and find reference to which sound file is played?  For example Ric Flair's Woo or Braun Strowman's yell.  If that could be changed, many of the taunts with sound effects have many identical entries, and it's possible we could replace an unused variation and reference it in a taunt file for custom sound effects tied to taunts.

2 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

That would be fantastic!  I've also made a lot of progress through the character_ss6_m.pck which includes all the wrestler vocals for taunts, entrances, and unique wrestler-specific crowd chants.  It also includes what appears to be overflow for more JoJo ring announcements for each wrestler.  Mapping all this out is going to make for some really neat mod possibilities.

Here's an interesting question, are you able to look inside the taunt animation files and find reference to which sound file is played?  For example Ric Flair's Woo or Braun Strowman's yell.  If that could be changed, many of the taunts with sound effects have many identical entries, and it's possible we could replace an unused variation and reference it in a taunt file for custom sound effects tied to taunts.

Very interesting question. I will definitely look into this. I've located the Hulk Hogan 2k15 commentary audio I extracted last year.

Edited by squaredcirclefan

2 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Very interesting question. I will definitely look into this.

If it helps, here are some of the offsets for Sting's "Woo" taunt audio:

00001778, 00000C4C, 0000038C, 00002754

These are located in the character_ss6_m.pck

Each one sounds identical, but may be used separately for his standing taunt, possibly during his entrance, maybe during the comeback and/or Stinger Splash?  If we discover where they're reference in a move or animation file, might be able to consolidate them all to point to just one, then re-use the other slots for custom audio in other moves or animations. (I hope)

Just now, TheKreator said:

Each one sounds identical, but may be used separately for his standing taunt, possibly during his entrance, maybe during the comeback and/or Stinger Splash?  If we discover where they're reference in a move or animation file, might be able to consolidate them all to point to just one, then re-use the other slots for custom audio in other moves or animations. (I hope)

Thank you for this info.

Don't forget that older wem files aren't compatible with 2K18! Maybe I will implement a way to convert older files to new ones, but the only way to do that would be by converting the stream:

wem  => ogg => wav => wem... But it's a bit time consuming for a large amount of files!

In the next few days, I will also try to update the PCK creator tool. It has some bugs which prevents that tool to work correctly. I'm still trying to investigate the new PCK file format. If I'm done with that, I will try to fix this tool in SE.

In theory it should be possible to add sounds from older versions of the game, by creating a PCK archive which has included all the wem and bnk files from previous versions. But that needs another sound.pac file, which still has the old sound references that were removed with 2K18.

By the way, a sound isn't controlled by its offset! All sounds are controlled by the corresponding bnk file! The pac file references the sounds via the banks/events.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

By the way, a sound isn't controlled by its offset! All sounds are controlled by the corresponding bnk file! The pac file references the sounds via the banks/events.

That is very good to know!

---

I have just completed indexing the custom_ss6_m.pck file!  Here's the download to my current custom_data.xml file:  Google Download Link (custom_data_021518_01.xml)

This file also includes my significant progress on custom_ss0_m.pck which I'll continue working on later.

Also, just realized that my custom file probably includes all my previous edits, even those now merged into the main data.xml with the software updates.  Should I clear my custom_data.xml file after running a software update (or maybe figure out how to purge duplicate entries after an update?) to make it easier to send you updates as I complete them?  Or is there a better way I can provide the data to you to make it easier?  Thanks!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Don't forget that older wem files aren't compatible with 2K18! Maybe I will implement a way to convert older files to new ones, but the only way to do that would be by converting the stream:

wem  => ogg => wav => wem... But it's a bit time consuming for a large amount of files!

In the next few days, I will also try to update the PCK creator tool. It has some bugs which prevents that tool to work correctly. I'm still trying to investigate the new PCK file format. If I'm done with that, I will try to fix this tool in SE.

In theory it should be possible to add sounds from older versions of the game, by creating a PCK archive which has included all the wem and bnk files from previous versions. But that needs another sound.pac file, which still has the old sound references that were removed with 2K18.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. The files I extracted from WWE 2k15 are in .wav format.

54 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

Having examined the taunt and run a few tests, I can conclude the taunt sound data is not directly linked to the taunt , as when I assign Ric Flairs woo taunts to another in-game  character, the sound is not played during gameplay.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

That is very good to know!

---

I have just completed indexing the custom_ss6_m.pck file!  Here's the download to my current custom_data.xml file:  Google Download Link (custom_data_021518_01.xml)

This file also includes my significant progress on custom_ss0_m.pck which I'll continue working on later.

Also, just realized that my custom file probably includes all my previous edits, even those now merged into the main data.xml with the software updates.  Should I clear my custom_data.xml file after running a software update (or maybe figure out how to purge duplicate entries after an update?) to make it easier to send you updates as I complete them?  Or is there a better way I can provide the data to you to make it easier?  Thanks!

Thanks and no, it's not necessary. I have a tool which automatically removes duplicate entries! :)

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Too Sweet 1

Hi

I'm new to this, i downloaded the sound injector, then the wwise launcher,  Installed all, but everytime i hit convert on the mp3 i get:

"File 0 conversion to wem failed.  Please check your wwise settings!"

Directory is correct, do i need a license for wwise or something?  I tried to do it manually, but it's limited to 20 secs file time.  Even then it didn't work, any help is appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Nooodles said:

Hi

I'm new to this, i downloaded the sound injector, then the wwise launcher,  Installed all, but everytime i hit convert on the mp3 i get:

"File 0 conversion to wem failed.  Please check your wwise settings!"

Directory is correct, do i need a license for wwise or something?  I tried to do it manually, but it's limited to 20 secs file time.  Even then it didn't work, any help is appreciated.

Do not install the latest Wwise version! It does not work with the template provided by SE. Instead, use the Wwise version which is included in SE in the "dependencies" folder!

Edited by TheVisitorX

Thanks

Made the conversion work, perfect!  I now imported and hit "play" to make sure it worked within the sound injector, loaded the game, and no music now plays for the person i overwrote.

19 minutes ago, Nooodles said:

Thanks

Made the conversion work, perfect!  I now imported and hit "play" to make sure it worked within the sound injector, loaded the game, and no music now plays for the person i overwrote.

And the wem files was new? Or an old file? There were a small amount of users with that problem in the past, but I could never find a solution, because I've never had that problem and I couldn't reproduce it. The only known issue are files from last year or older versions, because they don't work with 2K18!

If it is a new file, then unfortunately I have to tell you that I can not help, because I do not know how it comes to it. I have never had that.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

And the wem files was new? Or an old file? There were a small amount of users with that problem in the past, but I could never find a solution, because I've never had that problem and I couldn't reproduce it. The only known issue are files from last year or older versions, because they don't work with 2K18!

I just took a new mp3, converted, imported over roman reigns, right click and play file, it plays the mp3 (well the knew wemm), load game and roman don't work.  Others still do.

I watched a youtube video, after he changed import, he ran a "update index" file: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6fPWIVYW0

That "update_index" thing isn't necessary, it is just to update the ChunkDef file, which is not necessary for sounds! What you could do is, send me your PCK file for testing purposes and I will look into that issue. Maybe I can find something useful. Or you could try it with another file and see if that is working. Does the song play in SE?

Edited by TheVisitorX

2 minutes ago, Nooodles said:

Yes the song plays in sound editor fine - only way i get roman back now is uninstall and re-install game.

File i was editing was music_1_m.pck

Please send me your edited file, because - as I have mentioned - I don't have that issue. To reproduce it, I need a file for testing. By the way, SE makes backups from your edited files, so you can go back if backup feature was activated.

Edited by TheVisitorX