Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

There are some guides on YouTube, search WWE 2K18 install mods. Hopefully it gives you a better understanding or join the smacktalks discord

Edited by jakks

Question: Is there still a problem with injecting songs over some files? Like wasn't there a glitch or something where if you injected a song over like Traditional 1 for example and then injected a different song over Traditional 2 that there was some conflict or something? Just want to know before I inject some themes in certain places.

3 hours ago, xXJHARDYFAN92Xx said:

Question: Is there still a problem with injecting songs over some files? Like wasn't there a glitch or something where if you injected a song over like Traditional 1 for example and then injected a different song over Traditional 2 that there was some conflict or something? Just want to know before I inject some themes in certain places.

It's possible, yes. If a song is a remix of another. But I haven't tried it yet.

3 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

It's possible, yes. If a song is a remix of another. But I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks! But could you please clarify? By possible do you mean its possible there can be an issue, or it's possible to do it without having the issue?

As I said, I am not sure if the problem still exists. It is possible that it still occurs with sounds, where there are several "variants" or remixes. It was not actually a problem of SE, but rather a bug in the game, so I could not fix much there. Except for those where the mapping in the data.xml was made incorrectly. That can happen. In the end you have to try it. However, I would first use the "safe" sounds, so those who do not listen like a remix. What I can say is that the ones I tested so far worked well (Spark x, for example).

Something prevents me from getting any work done as I cannot covert anything in .Wem and I'd like to get moving with it... The whole converting with wwise isn't working like last year it seems it's always asking me the path which is correct and then it goes 'file 0 cannot convert to wem, check wwise settings...

What can I do @TheVisitorX?

9 hours ago, esbatmusic said:

Something prevents me from getting any work done as I cannot covert anything in .Wem and I'd like to get moving with it... The whole converting with wwise isn't working like last year it seems it's always asking me the path which is correct and then it goes 'file 0 cannot convert to wem, check wwise settings...

What can I do @TheVisitorX?

Please read the first post of this thread in it's entirety. Your problem should be solved there (hint: It's in the FAQ section).

• 2 weeks later...

I Can't get the converter to work. I can't install the most recent wwise version, it gives me server problems, so i downloaded the previous and it went through, but when i select the path it says wrong path or wrong version.

46 minutes ago, fatpapas said:

I Can't get the converter to work. I can't install the most recent wwise version, it gives me server problems, so i downloaded the previous and it went through, but when i select the path it says wrong path or wrong version.

It does not work with other versions. The Wwise offline setup with the right version is included and located in the SE main directory. You don't have to download anything else.

I'm having a weird problem. Ive added a bunch of entrance themes but sometimes certain files just won't work. I downloaded a song then edit it in goldwave as mp3 then convert to wem in the sound editor and then import. It says they inject but if I exit the program and go back in and play the track it's the original song. I've tried saving many different ways but certain files just won't work. To me it must be a conflict with the original source material otherwise renaming or resaving should have different results. I also tried injecting to spots I have already used a custom entrance to eliminate the possibility of it being the slot. Any ideas? 

Edit.......So turns out im a massive dum dum. After an hour of trying to figure this out I looked at my task bar and the game was running in the background. Closed and it works now. Ugh there's precious life.....gone.

Edited by CujoMatty
  • Too Sweet 1

6 hours ago, CujoMatty said:

I'm having a weird problem. Ive added a bunch of entrance themes but sometimes certain files just won't work. I downloaded a song then edit it in goldwave as mp3 then convert to wem in the sound editor and then import. It says they inject but if I exit the program and go back in and play the track it's the original song. I've tried saving many different ways but certain files just won't work. To me it must be a conflict with the original source material otherwise renaming or resaving should have different results. I also tried injecting to spots I have already used a custom entrance to eliminate the possibility of it being the slot. Any ideas? 

Edit.......So turns out im a massive dum dum. After an hour of trying to figure this out I looked at my task bar and the game was running in the background. Closed and it works now. Ugh there's precious life.....gone.

Yup, it's on my to-do list. I should implement a dialog message, which warns you about that, in the next release. Sometimes the game does not properly close and you would have the same issue.

• Like 1

I can't change the menu music. It was working fine, and then it stopped working, so that the music would play for a few seconds and then stop (without me doing anything to the files between it working and not). I have tried several re-installs of the game, and it keeps happening. I am using the patcher

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, when I try to import and convert from mp3 to wem I keep getting an unhandled exception error. Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, YeOldFartGamer said:

For some reason, when I try to import and convert from mp3 to wem I keep getting an unhandled exception error. Any suggestions?

Nevermind, figured out the issue, sorry

Due an unknown reason, your pck file has been damaged if you see "wav" instead of wem. Try to restore your pck file from a backup and try the injection process again.

Edited by TheVisitorX

On 8/10/2018 at 2:16 AM, TheVisitorX said:

Due an unknown reason, your pck file has been damaged if you see "wav" instead of wem. Try to restore your pck file from a backup and try the injection process again.

Thank you the answer.

I forgot make backup.

Edited by Dollarman

40 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor does that automatically if you havent't disabled this feature.

Ohh really thank you your tipp.

Bu is it not problem that after the bad step I injected some wem files?