Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

10 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

It is currently not possible because I don't know how I could implement such a "mass edit" feature. For example: How should SE recognize which file to replace with which one? Also it could take a long time, because SE needs to convert each file to wem first. IMHO it would only make sense for wem files.

Yeah I have a blank wem file that I plan to replace all of them with. Guess I will spend the time doing it to see if it works and then I will post it for people to download. I'm just looking to get rid of the awful commentary but keeps ring introductions and such.

1 hour ago, exTRme_SpoRtS said:

Where is the menu soundtracks ? I Change some soundtrack_m.pck sounds but never change in the game.

You haven't properly read the tutorials at the first post or you should already know the answer, because it's mentioned there in one of the first lines.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

You haven't properly read the tutorials at the first post or you should already know the answer, because it's mentioned there in one of the first lines.

I first changed the soundtrack_m.pck file to custom sounds. Then I imported the original files back into the soundtrack_m.pck file. Later I imported different music into game_mode_m.pck file. When the game starts, it gives a red block error and it goes into the game. Where's my mistake?

6zDmw4.jpg

Edited by exTRme_SpoRtS

4 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

I have never seen such an warning error message in WWE 2K, but I can't believe that SE causes such a message. Have you done anything else?

The problem was resolved by save in the game.

• Thanks 1

hey, this is probably a stupid question but I can't download the sound editor for wwe 2k18, can someone point me to the link please?

all help is appreciated!!

thank you

5 hours ago, AIndalecio said:

hey, this is probably a stupid question but I can't download the sound editor for wwe 2k18, can someone point me to the link please?

all help is appreciated!!

thank you

What problem do you have with the download?

I have no idea why so many people asking for the download link!? Do you have some kind of "special system"? Scroll down on the first page and you should see two download-sections. Click on it to see the link. What's so difficult with that?

dl.jpg

The link behind is an ad-provider. Disable your ad-blocker and after some seconds it will point you to the download.

Edited by TheVisitorX

7 hours ago, kassiemt said:
  1. i accidently deleted aj styles nd soma joe themes is there any way to get them back

You have the following options:

1. If you have individually backed the themes you replaced up as .wem files with Sound Editor's Export function before injecting (always good practice), you can re-inject the backed up themes.

2. If you haven't and you have backups enabled in Sound Editor (should be enabled by default), go to your \TheVisitorX\Sound Editor 2018\backup folder, copy the file(s) with the timestamps before you accidently replaced the themes to your WWE2k18\sound\ folder and replace the files with the same name that are already there (remove the timestamp from the file name of the backed up file, of course). Note that any injections you have made since before replacing the Samoa Joe and AJ Styles themes to the same file(s) these themes are in will revert as well.

3. If the above two options don't apply to you, you can always delete the affected .pck files from the Sounds folder, backup any mods that aren't in the \mods\ folder (good idea to use the mods folder, since those won't be replaced) and verify the game files via Steam. Steam will then re-download the now missing sounds. That of course will reset them to defaults and you'll have to re-inject all the .wem files you've already injected that are part of the deleted and freshly downloaded files.

4. Optionally, you could also acquire the affected themes from iTunes or other media sites that offer them, convert them to .wem and inject them into the appropriate slots. Note that they won't be the original game versions then, however, so some of the timing may or may not be off in this case.

• Thanks 1

I have a couple of questions about the menu music, I saw that you added a menu music patch so does that mean we can now replace the menu music too? And the second question is modding the menu music the same process as modding the entrance music? Thanks for all of your hard work.

Nevermind I just saw the instructions I'm an idiot.

Edited by dgamerxx
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kevthastar said:

is it possible to import songs over the dlc theme's if not then it okay

Sure, why not? You can replace each sound file in the game including the dlcs.

would anyone know why my music_misc_1.pck file is now 0kb and as such won't open in the sound editor and none of the corresponding themes in game play at all? and how I would go about finding the backup, or fixing this?

9 hours ago, Too Many Limes said:

would anyone know why my music_misc_1.pck file is now 0kb and as such won't open in the sound editor and none of the corresponding themes in game play at all? and how I would go about finding the backup, or fixing this?

It means the file got corrupted. You should be able to find  backups in the \TheVisitorX\Sound Editor 2018\backup folder, unless you turned the backup feature in Sound Editor off.

thanks for the quick reply, where should thevisitorx folder be in, program files? i can't find that folder

and just in case, does anyone have a default music_misc_1.pck they could share?

2 hours ago, Too Many Limes said:

thanks for the quick reply, where should thevisitorx folder be in, program files? i can't find that folder

and just in case, does anyone have a default music_misc_1.pck they could share?

Wherever you installed Sound Editor to.

Also, you can always back up your mods and let Steam verify your game files to have it download any missing files.

Hello, I've replaced over 30 Themes but i was wondering if there was a way to add themes without replacing which could be useful for CAWs and added Superstars.

Greetings from France,

Brian

3 hours ago, BrianOrton57 said:

Hello, I've replaced over 30 Themes but i was wondering if there was a way to add themes without replacing which could be useful for CAWs and added Superstars.

Greetings from France,

Brian

Not yet. It was still not found out how exactly the game assigns music to a slot. I'm able to create new sound archives, but without a "prepared" BNK file and a way to tell the game that there are new sound files that does not bring much ... I still hope to achieve a breakthrough at some point, but unfortunately many things are trial and error. If I find more, I will let you know.

Edited by TheVisitorX