Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

6 minutes ago, johnpauljohnson said:

new here where download link

... ? Probably where "download" is? Link is in the spoiler tag, click on it to reveal hidden content. Just as it can be found there.

Edited by TheVisitorX

On 3/13/2018 at 5:48 PM, TheRealWorldsChamp said:

Oh wow. I've become *that* guy who doesn't read the forums thoroughly enough. Sorry, @TheVisitorX! I'll be better from here on out. :D

Further to this, I've gone back and re-read this forum twice to try and find out why I'm so hit and miss when it comes to replacing themes for installed mods and I've tried using the advice, steps and suggestions through the forums, but can't seem to find a solution, so...apologies in advance for this. 

Since the themes I replace in SE preview fine in the editor but don't appear to work in-game, I thought I had some bad .wem files or poor conversions. I've tried multiple mp3s and converting them to wem's through the SE, yet none seem to show up in-game. I thought maybe I was just one of the unfortunate few who are suffering through this for some unexplained reason, as stated earlier in the forums. Still doesn't make sense, so I'm digging deeper.

I then thought maybe I was making a mistake when setting the entrance theme within the moveset file (using the Data Editor). I've tried editing the moveset with the replaced theme and even with an established theme and neither appear to work. So...could it be a problem setting the entrance theme within the moveset, using the DE?

25 minutes ago, TheRealWorldsChamp said:

Further to this, I've gone back and re-read this forum twice to try and find out why I'm so hit and miss when it comes to replacing themes for installed mods and I've tried using the advice, steps and suggestions through the forums, but can't seem to find a solution, so...apologies in advance for this. 

Since the themes I replace in SE preview fine in the editor but don't appear to work in-game, I thought I had some bad .wem files or poor conversions. I've tried multiple mp3s and converting them to wem's through the SE, yet none seem to show up in-game. I thought maybe I was just one of the unfortunate few who are suffering through this for some unexplained reason, as stated earlier in the forums. Still doesn't make sense, so I'm digging deeper.

I then thought maybe I was making a mistake when setting the entrance theme within the moveset file (using the Data Editor). I've tried editing the moveset with the replaced theme and even with an established theme and neither appear to work. So...could it be a problem setting the entrance theme within the moveset, using the DE?

What happens if you select the replaced theme in the game's entrance editor? 

@real world champ If the file replace has almost same fil name for example gallgher Gallagher in the beginning of file download . It usually needs a new name that works for me!

5 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

What happens if you select the replaced theme in the game's entrance editor? 

I haven't tried it with the current mod.

However, I did that with a previous mod, where I went into the 'create-an-entrance' and was able to select the theme that I had replaced for that specific wrestler. I was having the same issues, so I did go in and try and select the overwritten theme, which worked and was in the game. I could select it, but when I exited out, the wrestler had the correct theme and wrong entrance/moves/etc.

I will try this again tonight. It seems that somewhere through this process it IS working, just...not as smoothly as it should. I'll update later.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, TheRealWorldsChamp said:

I haven't tried it with the current mod.

However, I did that with a previous mod, where I went into the 'create-an-entrance' and was able to select the theme that I had replaced for that specific wrestler. I was having the same issues, so I did go in and try and select the overwritten theme, which worked and was in the game. I could select it, but when I exited out, the wrestler had the correct theme and wrong entrance/moves/etc.

I will try this again tonight. It seems that somewhere through this process it IS working, just...not as smoothly as it should. I'll update later.

Thanks!

UPDATE: When I select the replaced audio within 'create-an-entrance', the theme has been replaced properly. So, I think I've ruled out it being an issue with the Sound Editor. For some reason, when selecting the theme for the moveset within the Data Editor it's not saving or exporting properly. The custom tron I've added does. The theme, does not.

14 hours ago, TheRealWorldsChamp said:

UPDATE: When I select the replaced audio within 'create-an-entrance', the theme has been replaced properly. So, I think I've ruled out it being an issue with the Sound Editor. For some reason, when selecting the theme for the moveset within the Data Editor it's not saving or exporting properly. The custom tron I've added does. The theme, does not.

First, ensure Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is up to date.

Second, have you set the music for both Advanced Entrance and Easy Creation in Data Editor (in some situations one plays even though the other entrance type is set)? Did you tick the Entrance media workaround boxes in Data Editor, if so, which ones? If not, try to tick/untick at least the Music one.

Which theme music/theme ID  and Wrestler ID is it exactly? You'll need to provide as many details as possible so I can see if we can try and reproduce it.

Also, are you trying to use a modded entrance animation? Some entrance animations/slots don't play music, unless it's the original ID from the original game if you use the unchanged animation files.

You can also set the desired theme in create an entrance and export the .moveset file into Data Editor with CCT, then check what it says under music there and whether it lists the proper one or not and let me know what you find.

6 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

First, ensure Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is up to date.

Second, have you set the music for both Advanced Entrance and Easy Creation in Data Editor (in some situations one plays even though the other entrance type is set)? Did you tick the Entrance media workaround boxes in Data Editor, if so, which ones? If not, try to tick/untick at least the Music one.

Which theme music/theme ID  and Wrestler ID is it exactly? You'll need to provide as many details as possible so I can see if we can try and reproduce it.

Also, are you trying to use a modded entrance animation? Some entrance animations/slots don't play music, unless it's the original ID from the original game if you use the unchanged animation files.

You can also set the desired theme in create an entrance and export the .moveset file into Data Editor with CCT, then check what it says under music there and whether it lists the proper one or not and let me know what you find.

Apologies this has morphed from SE editor to DE conversation...

I updated the editor and made sure to ensure it was pointing to the correct game directory. Seems to have done the trick. It's weird though, because I've changed/replaced themes with other mods (with varying degrees of success) prior to the update. Regardless..thanks @Cave Waverider! The update seems to have done the trick. I'll keep you posted if there's anything else I come across.

Hi, has anyone successfully been able to change the Soundtrack of the game? I had a go at replacing Down With The Sickness with the new Papa Roach Raw theme but it still plays Down With The Sickness

Thanks

1 hour ago, jakks said:

Hi, has anyone successfully been able to change the Soundtrack of the game? I had a go at replacing Down With The Sickness with the new Papa Roach Raw theme but it still plays Down With The Sickness

Thanks

menu patcher applied?

1 hour ago, IM TooSaUcY TBH said:

Did it work? Cuz the same is happening to me and when I go to the entrances nothing changes as well idk why help

There have already been a lot of questions and answers to these questions posted in this thread. Just read the last pages and you should also find a solution for your issue, because there are always the same problems. Main problem no.1 if the music does not change (except for menu music): You have tried to inject something while the game is running, which does not work.

Edited by TheVisitorX

On 10/18/2017 at 3:25 AM, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 2018 1.4.1

First I want to say a big THANK YOU to @tomwearsglasses, @Cave Waverider, @SixZz|RipZz and @tich and specially @TheKreator who have collected all the sound/RA file data for SE! Thank you so much, you've saved me a lot of time!

Notice: Not all data for 2K18 has been collected yet.

!!! Please read !!!

• SE 2018 won't be compatible with WWE 2K17 and previous games - You can't use your old converted wem files from previous releases !!!
  • It's also not possible to change menu soundtracks for now, because Yukes has included some checksum like they did in 2K15 - If you try to change a menu song, the old songs remains and plays for 1-2 seconds and stops... <-- Download the menu music patcher to get it working!

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to export, play and replace sounds in the game WWE 2K18!

What you can't do

You can NOT add new sounds and it is also not possible to rename existing.

Changes

Hide contents

- New data.xml content update by @TheKreator

- Changed the internal shortcuts to use the "CTRL" key => now all shortcuts need the CTRL key
- Removed the "Preview All" function, which has been introduced with 1.2.0, because of some nasty bugs
- Added two new settings as replacement => "AutoPlay when row selected" and if the file should be looped or not
- Fixed some minor and major bugs

- Changed the way how SE applies output filters - It will now remember the search settings when change the sort order in the grid
- Added extension output filter (filter grid by *.wem or *.bnk files)
- Fixed a bug with key-event-handling in 1.2.0

- Added a "copy id" option and shortcut (shortcut key "C")
- Added a "Preview all" option which plays all sounds from the currently selected position in the grid with a duration of your choice (which can be set in the settings) (shortcut key "A")

- Added all new entries to the data.xml file, provided by @TheKreator! Please support his work, because he has done a lot of work!
- Tweaked the datagrid view column width
- Left tree menu is now a bit smaller, which adds more room to the grid
- Fixed a bug with the sound converter tool, which tries to add track gain option to a wav file, which is not supported by mp3gain

Added: Drag 'n Drop functionality to the Sound Converter and PCK-Archive tool
Fixed: Wrong PCK files created by the PCK-Archive tool
Changed: window is now resizable

- All show themes added by @Dnz777 - Thank you very much!

- All ring announcements from ra_m.pck added! A huge thank you to @TheKreator!

This update isn't essential. It has no new features. I have just removed the "Sound-ID helper" tool because it isn't working with update 1.06 and I can't find a way to make it work with that update :(.

I have also removed the sfx patch from SE, because it is annoying. I try to find another way to apply that fix.

- Adds support for the NXT and ENDURING ICONS DLCs

- All new entrance music / generic music added in the list view (A big thank you to @Cave Waverider for the data.xml updates!)
- Some ring announcements added in the list (thank you to @tich for the RA data)
- Fixed a bug which causes a crash if there are duplicate entries in data.xml file

- Initial Release

Download (installer)

Reveal hidden contents

http://skamason.com/AVtS

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

Download (menu music patcher)

Tutorials

Hide contents

More details about the new pck files will follow soon. There are a lot of new files this year and also a lot of duplicates. Menu soundtracks are located in the game game_mode_m.pck. Most of the music are in music_x_m.pck and music_misc_x.pck for generic themes!

Ignore files with "e_s" because that files are only event files with soundbanks and no other sounds!

Would you like to make a tutorial? Please let me know!

If you find any errors in the collected data, please let me know or send me a corrected version of your data data.xml file. It is possible to change or remove the data from the data.xml in SE directly. See this little clip:

source.gif

Select the row and click on the column (Name / text) and edit or delete the entry!

FAQ

Reveal hidden contents

I get an error if I try to convert files to wem -> "File 0 conversion to wem failed.  Please check your Wwise settings!"

Do not install the latest Wwise version! It does not work with the template provided by SE. Instead, use the Wwise version which is included in SE in the "dependencies" folder!

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Editor 2018 is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool or to import wav or mp3 files, you will need Audiokinetic Wwise 2017.

Sound Editor does the installation for you if there is no version installed!

Please use only that version, version 2016.x or lower does not work!!!

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem. There are 2 ways to do that.

1. Use the "Sound-Converter", which still uses Wwise but via CLI (command line interface). You can find this little tool in the top left corner of Sound Editor (Tools - Sound-Converter).

2. Easiest way: Import *.wav and *.mp3 directly and SE converts them to wem before. In that case, you'll also need Wwise!

It uses FFmpeg to convert all mp3 files to wav and then Wwise-CLI to convert from wav to wem! So you will need both tools. FFmpeg is already included, so no worries.

In order to make this happen, this program needs administrator rights! It will not work without them!

Warning: Do not use Wwise directly to convert to wem!!! This years game has some problems with crashes on some wem files!

I can't convert something, because Sound-Converter can't find my Wwise version

That is mostly a  path issue. This program reads the path to Wwise from the registry. In some cases, it couldn't find that path so it won't work.

You can change the path by your own. You will find that in the left top corner (Settings / Settings). If the program has found your path, it should include some text with path info. If not, please select your path manually. There is a button ("..") next to the text field for that.

Wwise path should be something like that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2017.1.2.6361

This path can vary. Please make sure you have the correct path to your Wwise directory!

1. If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something while the game is running.

2. If that does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SE and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for hat. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection.

I need further information for that case.

Do you like my work and want future updates? Here you will have the chance to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CHM6HN9Y4D44N

That helps me to make future updates and supports my work!

Where is the download option

I can't find the hidden content plz tell me.

Is there anyway to overwrite an existing  announcer call with someone else's?

For example, is there anyway for me to overwrite Greg Valentine's Jojo announcer file with an Austin Aries announcement file?

I just don't want to overwrite Valentine with Aries (for example) and still have Aries announced as Valentine.

I seem to have found the announcer files for DLC people but not current in-game people.

15 hours ago, xXJHARDYFAN92Xx said:

Is there anyway to overwrite an existing  announcer call with someone else's?

For example, is there anyway for me to overwrite Greg Valentine's Jojo announcer file with an Austin Aries announcement file?

I just don't want to overwrite Valentine with Aries (for example) and still have Aries announced as Valentine.

I seem to have found the announcer files for DLC people but not current in-game people.

Of course it is possible. But there are multiple announcements for each superstar. Do you have the latest version? Most announcements in ra_m.pck or one of the other character pck files should have been identified. 

Edited by TheVisitorX

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Of course it is possible. But there are multiple announcements for each superstar. Do you have the latest version? Most announcements in ra_m.pck or one of the other character pck files should have been identified. 

Yes I have the latest version.

Ah I see. I just did not know which .pck file contained the announcer files lol

I found Cole/Byron/Graves commentary lines and the DLC announcer files, but I never knew where the in-game ones were. Thanks!

So does that mean I just have to overwrite the other ones with the same file since I don't think there are other ones? Like, would I have to overwrite Valentine's RR elimination announcer line with Aries' entrance announcement file then?

1 hour ago, xXJHARDYFAN92Xx said:

Yes I have the latest version.

Ah I see. I just did not know which .pck file contained the announcer files lol

I found Cole/Byron/Graves commentary lines and the DLC announcer files, but I never knew where the in-game ones were. Thanks!

So does that mean I just have to overwrite the other ones with the same file since I don't think there are other ones? Like, would I have to overwrite Valentine's RR elimination announcer line with Aries' entrance announcement file then?

Some can be easily replaced with the same file, but there are also some slightly different sound files like "-superstar- has been eliminated" or "and -superstar-" or "accompanied by -superstar-" if it's a manager. Unfortunately they have made separate sounds for that. That means the name is often included in that files and the game does not use something like: 'name' sound + 'has been eliminated' sound, which would be a lot easier.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

I am sorry if this has already been answered previously, but I wasn't able to find it with searching.

Is there a way to mass edit the wem files? I am trying to work on removing commentary from 2k18 but it would be a tiresome task if I had to replace each one individually. Once I get it all done I will post the files for download.

Hi, I accidently deleted Booker T's theme but I found the backup in your folder.

I am having trouble inserting themes. Arn Anderson's Horsemen theme, Piper's and Hogan's Real American worked fine, I can't get Harlem Heat or Sgt Slaugher's to work.

Harlem Heat over Booker T.

Sgt Slaughter over USA

Could it be that these are from 2k17 and they won't work? I'll need to convert them somehow?

Edited by XfallofparadiseX

3 hours ago, XfallofparadiseX said:

Hi, I accidently deleted Booker T's theme but I found the backup in your folder.

I am having trouble inserting themes. Arn Anderson's Horsemen theme, Piper's and Hogan's Real American worked fine, I can't get Harlem Heat or Sgt Slaugher's to work.

Harlem Heat over Booker T.

Sgt Slaughter over USA

Could it be that these are from 2k17 and they won't work? I'll need to convert them somehow?

Yes, no wem file from previous releases is working with 2K18. You have to convert the old wem file to mp3 or wav and back to wem with SE 2018!

3 hours ago, Phant0mSpec said:

I am sorry if this has already been answered previously, but I wasn't able to find it with searching.

Is there a way to mass edit the wem files? I am trying to work on removing commentary from 2k18 but it would be a tiresome task if I had to replace each one individually. Once I get it all done I will post the files for download.

It is currently not possible because I don't know how I could implement such a "mass edit" feature. For example: How should SE recognize which file to replace with which one? Also it could take a long time, because SE needs to convert each file to wem first. IMHO it would only make sense for wem files.

Edited by TheVisitorX