Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

Signed up just to say thank you so much for this. This is the first time I've dabbled in modding a WWE 2K game and this works a treat.

One question though; do you have a text file or anything for the name of corresponding IDs so I can fill in the blanks? If not is there a way to find them where I don't have to use the Sound-ID Helper to go through every file?

Again though thank you so much. This is amazing. 

Edited by stloony

Unfortunately there is no other way to get that ids.The "easiest" way is the sound id helper, but it's still a bit time consuming - I know. There is no text file or something which belongs to the ids.

@Cave Waverider has sent me a custom_data.xml which includes most of the themes. I will merge his file with the data.xml file from SE (that is the file which includes all the names for the ids in the pck archives). We have to manage that file manually each year. Luckily most of the ids are the same over the years.

"custom_data.xml" is the file which is filled with your entries, when you write something in an empty name field.

Edited by TheVisitorX

So I'm assuming the blank entries are the new ones for this version of the game that couldn't be possibly carried over? Does that mean in a future update (if there is one) they will be filled in? 

Not a big deal nor a complaint considering the injector is such a great tool. 

A blank entry means that no one has filled/found a name for this ID, yet. This is usually the case when ids have been modified over the years or new ones have been added. All data that is filled in SE comes from users from the community, who have edited each file by hand and filled it with data. I will try to fill as many entries as possible in future SE updates, but that part lives from the community. Everyone can contribute to that. SE does not get this values from the game itself!

9 minutes ago, spoooook said:

do you need to delete chunk0.arc for this

It's not needed to edit the chunk0.arc for this!

Edited by TheVisitorX

Holy shit this editor is fantastic, so simple and fast at what it does. I bought 2K18 on PC for the sole reason of wanting to mod in music - its my first game since WWE12 and this tool has made the game 1000% more awesome. Thank you!

P.S. If anyone figures out the best practice to get music imported at a good volume let me know. I find that if I don't use the gain option in the converter that the music sounds quiet during an entrance, but if I do use the gain option then there's a bit of clipping due to the volume increase. Its not too bad if I lower the volume of the track in Audacity before converting it + gain boosting it, but if anyone figures out the best practice that'd be awesome.

• Like 2

Is anyone else having a problem with getting the installer to open? I've tried a few different things but it doesn't seem to be opening.

Never mind, fixed it.

Edited by LoneWolf7691
Resolved my problem.

5 hours ago, DLTyrus said:

P.S. If anyone figures out the best practice to get music imported at a good volume let me know. I find that if I don't use the gain option in the converter that the music sounds quiet during an entrance, but if I do use the gain option then there's a bit of clipping due to the volume increase. Its not too bad if I lower the volume of the track in Audacity before converting it + gain boosting it, but if anyone figures out the best practice that'd be awesome.

Yep, this is a known issue since the beginning. The problem is, the volume is just too low in-game. So all files, even the original ones, are way too loud by default. With SE 2018 I have slightly changed the quality slider settings, which can cause clipping, because there were some issues with higher quality settings. Maybe there is still room for optimizations. But the whole problem remains the same. I think there were some tutorials about the right conversion settings in the 2K16 or 2K17 forums.

Edited by TheVisitorX

6 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yep, this is a known issue since the beginning. The problem is, the volume is just too low in-game. So all files, even the original ones, are way too loud by default. With SE 2018 I have slightly changed the quality slider settings, which can cause clipping, because there were some issues with higher quality settings. Maybe there is still room for optimizations. But the whole problem remains the same. I think there were some tutorials about the right conversion settings in the 2K16 or 2K17 forums.

that was mp3gain program right ? 

6 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Interesting. I will try to track it down, thanks!

Well, I injected Pillar with "Frontlines" just now, it goes folks, maybe it is because I deleted the chunk0.arc? o.O

Delete the "Chunk0.arc" file and try injecting some mp3 of your own, then start the game and wait to load up. Go to Extras -> Jukebox and "play" the file you replaced with the custom music.

Aaaaaahhhh, that Tool is just beautiful, finally some dope music for my caws :D Again, thank you very much, i love you <3

Edited by FreshRaven
  • Like 1