TheVisitorX

Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1] / works with 2K19

Recommended Posts

TheVisitorX
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BrianOrton57 said:

Hello, I've replaced over 30 Themes but i was wondering if there was a way to add themes without replacing which could be useful for CAWs and added Superstars.

 

Greetings from France,

Brian

Not yet. It was still not found out how exactly the game assigns music to a slot. I'm able to create new sound archives, but without a "prepared" BNK file and a way to tell the game that there are new sound files that does not bring much ... I still hope to achieve a breakthrough at some point, but unfortunately many things are trial and error. If I find more, I will let you know.

 

Edited by TheVisitorX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grappler
Posted (edited)

Hey Visitor, first of all thank you for this tool. I've been using it for weeks now and completely forgot to stop and thank you for it until now.

Last night on a whim I decided to install the menu music patcher and changed the files in the soundtrack pck rather than the correct files in the game_mode_m.pck. I'll admit my error, I didn't originally read the full tutorial because your tool is so easy to use and also because it seemed perfectly logical that the files in the SOUNDTRACK package would be the files that determine the soundtrack, lol. Ah well, lesson learned. My question is, if the terrible menu music is located in game_mode_m.pck then what are the files in the soundtrack pck for? My game's still working just fine but if those files are important I'm wondering if I should dig up and restore their backups. Thanks again for this wonderful tool!

Edited by Grappler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackBen83

Hi @TheVisitorX Sorry to disturb you for that, I have a little problem, and I don't know what can I do to fix it :'( since two days (sorry for text in "French")

The full text is after the pics of the error.

Thanks a lot ! I hope you can help me.

9x3krtb1abu8k8jzg.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès.
   à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   à sxoG5uyWmqO3y1bRyS.p3pv2CvtAHcpFF7Nht.Bfp6nmv1UHf1iXjr2El(Object , Object )
   à sxoG5uyWmqO3y1bRyS.p3pv2CvtAHcpFF7Nht.w0Ju6dmPgP(Object  , RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs  )
   à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)


************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3101.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Sound_Editor
    Version de l'assembly : 1.4.0.2918
    Version Win32 : 1.4.0.*
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202018/Sound_Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
System
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3101.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
----------------------------------------
a9b1f7c2-67e7-433e-8e9f-3c16fc04f20a
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.4.0.*
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202018/Sound_Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Xml.Linq
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
----------------------------------------
mscorlib.resources
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
----------------------------------------

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheVisitorX
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BlackBen83 said:

Hi @TheVisitorX Sorry to disturb you for that, I have a little problem, and I don't know what can I do to fix it :'( since two days (sorry for text in "French")

The full text is after the pics of the error.

Thanks a lot ! I hope you can help me.

9x3krtb1abu8k8jzg.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès.
   à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   à sxoG5uyWmqO3y1bRyS.p3pv2CvtAHcpFF7Nht.Bfp6nmv1UHf1iXjr2El(Object , Object )
   à sxoG5uyWmqO3y1bRyS.p3pv2CvtAHcpFF7Nht.w0Ju6dmPgP(Object  , RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs  )
   à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)


************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3101.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Sound_Editor
    Version de l'assembly : 1.4.0.2918
    Version Win32 : 1.4.0.*
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202018/Sound_Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
System
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3101.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
----------------------------------------
a9b1f7c2-67e7-433e-8e9f-3c16fc04f20a
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.4.0.*
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202018/Sound_Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Xml.Linq
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
----------------------------------------
mscorlib.resources
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
----------------------------------------

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.


 

 

DirectoryNotFoundException - Do you have selected a WEM-export directory and Wwise directory in the settings? And do both of this directories exist?

On 5/18/2018 at 3:53 AM, Grappler said:

Hey Visitor, first of all thank you for this tool. I've been using it for weeks now and completely forgot to stop and thank you for it until now.

Last night on a whim I decided to install the menu music patcher and changed the files in the soundtrack pck rather than the correct files in the game_mode_m.pck. I'll admit my error, I didn't originally read the full tutorial because your tool is so easy to use and also because it seemed perfectly logical that the files in the SOUNDTRACK package would be the files that determine the soundtrack, lol. Ah well, lesson learned. My question is, if the terrible menu music is located in game_mode_m.pck then what are the files in the soundtrack pck for? My game's still working just fine but if those files are important I'm wondering if I should dig up and restore their backups. Thanks again for this wonderful tool!

I'm not sure if Yukes actually uses this file but I don't think so. Since there is another archive with exactly the same ids. Yukes often has duplicate content in their sound archives. I don't know why but I think they are to lazy to remove that duplicates... Maybe I'm wrong. But since the file have the same id..

Edited by TheVisitorX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grappler
7 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

I'm not sure if Yukes actually uses this file but I don't think so. Since there is another archive with exactly the same ids. Yukes often has duplicate content in their sound archives. I don't know why but I think they are to lazy to remove that duplicates... Maybe I'm wrong. But since the file have the same id..

Thanks for the response. I was thinking that this may be the case but thought that I should check with someone who's more familiar with this stuff. I still haven't encountered any obvious issues so If nothing about it stands out as problematic to you I'll just keep going ahead with my game as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackBen83
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

DirectoryNotFoundException - Do you have selected a WEM-export directory and Wwise directory in the settings? And do both of this directories exist?

Hi @TheVisitorX thanks a lot for the quick answer. I have found the error with your help :) I don't know how but my Wwise directory out folder needed to be renamed in SE Settings (old was Titantron Music = now TitantronS Music)

Now it works fine, thanks again :)

Ben

Edited by BlackBen83
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kossdarwin

goood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke Jones

Thx 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dollarman
Posted (edited)

Is it Possible to change the call name files on another  call file? (Example  if i want to change the Brutus Beefcake 's woman call name file on Finkle audio call file when I select him)

Edited by Dollarman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheVisitorX
1 hour ago, Dollarman said:

Is it Possible to change the call name files on another  call file? (Example  if i want to change the Brutus Beefcake 's woman call name file on Finkle audio call file when I select him)

If you mean whether it's possible to "replace" a call name sound with another one.. Then yes, that is possible. If you would like to change the call names without replacing..That is not possible.  You can't switch the call name file of a wrestler to another one. And it is also not possible to use CAW call names on superstars or assign call names to modded wrestlers/slots. It is possible to assign a call name in the selection screen, but I haven't found a way to do that in the in-ring announcements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dollarman
44 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

If you mean whether it's possible to "replace" a call name sound with another one.. Then yes, that is possible. If you would like to change the call names without replacing..That is not possible.  You can't switch the call name file of a wrestler to another one. And it is also not possible to use CAW call names on superstars or assign call names to modded wrestlers/slots. It is possible to assign a call name in the selection screen, but I haven't found a way to do that in the in-ring announcements.

Thank you the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke Jones

Could you add Bobby Rude's TNA theme off the chain instrumental. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dsegedy
Posted (edited)

🤬This isn't much of a mod tool but I thought it might come in handy.

 

What is it?

Sound Editor comes with two xml documents that show the IDs and your chosen injection and another that shows the ID'S and the titles of the original Menu Songs.

I made an excel file that compiles both data lists and matches up with the ID.

What does this mean for you?

If you want a printable reference sheet at any time - or you are trying to assign a bunch of CAW themes - it's a very handy and quick, updateable reference.

The only thing you have to do is open Custom data.xml , copy and paste fields in column C and D and voila! My Excel File does the rest. It's even color coded.

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bJV7UskgMuU0Egftoxau_YOvn20nVPGn/view?usp=sharing

Edited by dsegedy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kewl

where and how to download this sound editor?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ry7xsfa

Can I change a show's music with this? E.g. change the SmackDown Live music to Burn it to the Ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
runningknight
On 5/17/2018 at 3:18 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Not yet. It was still not found out how exactly the game assigns music to a slot. I'm able to create new sound archives, but without a "prepared" BNK file and a way to tell the game that there are new sound files that does not bring much ... I still hope to achieve a breakthrough at some point, but unfortunately many things are trial and error. If I find more, I will let you know.

 

where is the download i cant find the download button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
runningknight
On 10/17/2017 at 10:55 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 2018 1.4.1

First I want to say a big THANK YOU to @tomwearsglasses, @Cave Waverider, @SixZz|RipZz and @tich and specially @TheKreator who have collected all the sound/RA file data for SE! Thank you so much, you've saved me a lot of time!

Notice: Not all data for 2K18 has been collected yet.

!!! Please read !!!

  • SE 2018 won't be compatible with WWE 2K17 and previous games - You can't use your old converted wem files from previous releases !!!
  • It's also not possible to change menu soundtracks for now, because Yukes has included some checksum like they did in 2K15 - If you try to change a menu song, the old songs remains and plays for 1-2 seconds and stops... <-- Download the menu music patcher to get it working!

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to export, play and replace sounds in the game WWE 2K18!

What you can't do

You can NOT add new sounds and it is also not possible to rename existing.

Changes

On 10/17/2017 at 10:55 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 2018 1.4.1

First I want to say a big THANK YOU to @tomwearsglasses, @Cave Waverider, @SixZz|RipZz and @tich and specially @TheKreator who have collected all the sound/RA file data for SE! Thank you so much, you've saved me a lot of time!

Notice: Not all data for 2K18 has been collected yet.

!!! Please read !!!

  • SE 2018 won't be compatible with WWE 2K17 and previous games - You can't use your old converted wem files from previous releases !!!
  • It's also not possible to change menu soundtracks for now, because Yukes has included some checksum like they did in 2K15 - If you try to change a menu song, the old songs remains and plays for 1-2 seconds and stops... <-- Download the menu music patcher to get it working!

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to export, play and replace sounds in the game WWE 2K18!

What you can't do

You can NOT add new sounds and it is also not possible to rename existing.

Changes

  Reveal hidden contents

1.4.1

- New data.xml content update by @TheKreator

1.4.0

- Changed the internal shortcuts to use the "CTRL" key => now all shortcuts need the CTRL key
- Removed the "Preview All" function, which has been introduced with 1.2.0, because of some nasty bugs
- Added two new settings as replacement => "AutoPlay when row selected" and if the file should be looped or not
- Fixed some minor and major bugs

1.3.0

- Changed the way how SE applies output filters - It will now remember the search settings when change the sort order in the grid
- Added extension output filter (filter grid by *.wem or *.bnk files)
- Fixed a bug with key-event-handling in 1.2.0

1.2.0

- Added a "copy id" option and shortcut (shortcut key "C")
- Added a "Preview all" option which plays all sounds from the currently selected position in the grid with a duration of your choice (which can be set in the settings) (shortcut key "A")

1.1.0

- Added all new entries to the data.xml file, provided by @TheKreator! Please support his work, because he has done a lot of work!
- Tweaked the datagrid view column width
- Left tree menu is now a bit smaller, which adds more room to the grid
- Fixed a bug with the sound converter tool, which tries to add track gain option to a wav file, which is not supported by mp3gain

1.0.6

Added: Drag 'n Drop functionality to the Sound Converter and PCK-Archive tool
Fixed: Wrong PCK files created by the PCK-Archive tool
Changed: window is now resizable

1.0.5

- All show themes added by @Dnz777 - Thank you very much!

1.0.4

- All ring announcements from ra_m.pck added! A huge thank you to @TheKreator!

1.0.3

This update isn't essential. It has no new features. I have just removed the "Sound-ID helper" tool because it isn't working with update 1.06 and I can't find a way to make it work with that update :(.

I have also removed the sfx patch from SE, because it is annoying. I try to find another way to apply that fix.

1.0.2

- Adds support for the NXT and ENDURING ICONS DLCs

1.0.1
- All new entrance music / generic music added in the list view (A big thank you to @Cave Waverider for the data.xml updates!)
- Some ring announcements added in the list (thank you to @tich for the RA data)
- Fixed a bug which causes a crash if there are duplicate entries in data.xml file

1.0.0
- Initial Release

Download (installer)

  Reveal hidden contents

http://skamason.com/AVtS

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

Download (menu music patcher)

  Reveal hidden contents

Tutorials

  Reveal hidden contents

More details about the new pck files will follow soon. There are a lot of new files this year and also a lot of duplicates. Menu soundtracks are located in the game game_mode_m.pck. Most of the music are in music_x_m.pck and music_misc_x.pck for generic themes!

Ignore files with "e_s" because that files are only event files with soundbanks and no other sounds!

Would you like to make a tutorial? Please let me know!

If you find any errors in the collected data, please let me know or send me a corrected version of your data data.xml file. It is possible to change or remove the data from the data.xml in SE directly. See this little clip:

source.gif

Select the row and click on the column (Name / text) and edit or delete the entry!

FAQ

  Reveal hidden contents

I get an error if I try to convert files to wem -> "File 0 conversion to wem failed.  Please check your Wwise settings!"

Do not install the latest Wwise version! It does not work with the template provided by SE. Instead, use the Wwise version which is included in SE in the "dependencies" folder!

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Editor 2018 is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool or to import wav or mp3 files, you will need Audiokinetic Wwise 2017.

Sound Editor does the installation for you if there is no version installed!

Please use only that version, version 2016.x or lower does not work!!!

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem. There are 2 ways to do that.

1. Use the "Sound-Converter", which still uses Wwise but via CLI (command line interface). You can find this little tool in the top left corner of Sound Editor (Tools - Sound-Converter).

2. Easiest way: Import *.wav and *.mp3 directly and SE converts them to wem before. In that case, you'll also need Wwise!

It uses FFmpeg to convert all mp3 files to wav and then Wwise-CLI to convert from wav to wem! So you will need both tools. FFmpeg is already included, so no worries.

In order to make this happen, this program needs administrator rights! It will not work without them!

Warning: Do not use Wwise directly to convert to wem!!! This years game has some problems with crashes on some wem files!

I can't convert something, because Sound-Converter can't find my Wwise version

That is mostly a  path issue. This program reads the path to Wwise from the registry. In some cases, it couldn't find that path so it won't work.

You can change the path by your own. You will find that in the left top corner (Settings / Settings). If the program has found your path, it should include some text with path info. If not, please select your path manually. There is a button ("..") next to the text field for that.

Wwise path should be something like that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2017.1.2.6361

This path can vary. Please make sure you have the correct path to your Wwise directory!

1. If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something while the game is running.

2. If that does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SE and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for hat. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection.

I need further information for that case.

 

Do you like my work and want future updates? Here you will have the chance to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CHM6HN9Y4D44N

That helps me to make future updates and supports my work!

 

Download (installer)

  Reveal hidden contents

http://skamason.com/AVtS

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

Download (menu music patcher)

  Reveal hidden contents

Tutorials

  Reveal hidden contents

More details about the new pck files will follow soon. There are a lot of new files this year and also a lot of duplicates. Menu soundtracks are located in the game game_mode_m.pck. Most of the music are in music_x_m.pck and music_misc_x.pck for generic themes!

Ignore files with "e_s" because that files are only event files with soundbanks and no other sounds!

Would you like to make a tutorial? Please let me know!

If you find any errors in the collected data, please let me know or send me a corrected version of your data data.xml file. It is possible to change or remove the data from the data.xml in SE directly. See this little clip:

source.gif

Select the row and click on the column (Name / text) and edit or delete the entry!

FAQ

  Reveal hidden contents

I get an error if I try to convert files to wem -> "File 0 conversion to wem failed.  Please check your Wwise settings!"

Do not install the latest Wwise version! It does not work with the template provided by SE. Instead, use the Wwise version which is included in SE in the "dependencies" folder!

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Editor 2018 is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool or to import wav or mp3 files, you will need Audiokinetic Wwise 2017.

Sound Editor does the installation for you if there is no version installed!

Please use only that version, version 2016.x or lower does not work!!!

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem. There are 2 ways to do that.

1. Use the "Sound-Converter", which still uses Wwise but via CLI (command line interface). You can find this little tool in the top left corner of Sound Editor (Tools - Sound-Converter).

2. Easiest way: Import *.wav and *.mp3 directly and SE converts them to wem before. In that case, you'll also need Wwise!

It uses FFmpeg to convert all mp3 files to wav and then Wwise-CLI to convert from wav to wem! So you will need both tools. FFmpeg is already included, so no worries.

In order to make this happen, this program needs administrator rights! It will not work without them!

Warning: Do not use Wwise directly to convert to wem!!! This years game has some problems with crashes on some wem files!

I can't convert something, because Sound-Converter can't find my Wwise version

That is mostly a  path issue. This program reads the path to Wwise from the registry. In some cases, it couldn't find that path so it won't work.

You can change the path by your own. You will find that in the left top corner (Settings / Settings). If the program has found your path, it should include some text with path info. If not, please select your path manually. There is a button ("..") next to the text field for that.

Wwise path should be something like that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2017.1.2.6361

This path can vary. Please make sure you have the correct path to your Wwise directory!

1. If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something while the game is running.

2. If that does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SE and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for hat. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection.

I need further information for that case.

 

Do you like my work and want future updates? Here you will have the chance to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CHM6HN9Y4D44N

That helps me to make future updates and supports my work!

On 10/17/2017 at 10:55 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 2018 1.4.1

First I want to say a big THANK YOU to @tomwearsglasses, @Cave Waverider, @SixZz|RipZz and @tich and specially @TheKreator who have collected all the sound/RA file data for SE! Thank you so much, you've saved me a lot of time!

Notice: Not all data for 2K18 has been collected yet.

!!! Please read !!!

  • SE 2018 won't be compatible with WWE 2K17 and previous games - You can't use your old converted wem files from previous releases !!!
  • It's also not possible to change menu soundtracks for now, because Yukes has included some checksum like they did in 2K15 - If you try to change a menu song, the old songs remains and plays for 1-2 seconds and stops... <-- Download the menu music patcher to get it working!

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to export, play and replace sounds in the game WWE 2K18!

What you can't do

You can NOT add new sounds and it is also not possible to rename existing.

Changes

  Reveal hidden contents

1.4.1

- New data.xml content update by @TheKreator

1.4.0

- Changed the internal shortcuts to use the "CTRL" key => now all shortcuts need the CTRL key
- Removed the "Preview All" function, which has been introduced with 1.2.0, because of some nasty bugs
- Added two new settings as replacement => "AutoPlay when row selected" and if the file should be looped or not
- Fixed some minor and major bugs

1.3.0

- Changed the way how SE applies output filters - It will now remember the search settings when change the sort order in the grid
- Added extension output filter (filter grid by *.wem or *.bnk files)
- Fixed a bug with key-event-handling in 1.2.0

1.2.0

- Added a "copy id" option and shortcut (shortcut key "C")
- Added a "Preview all" option which plays all sounds from the currently selected position in the grid with a duration of your choice (which can be set in the settings) (shortcut key "A")

1.1.0

- Added all new entries to the data.xml file, provided by @TheKreator! Please support his work, because he has done a lot of work!
- Tweaked the datagrid view column width
- Left tree menu is now a bit smaller, which adds more room to the grid
- Fixed a bug with the sound converter tool, which tries to add track gain option to a wav file, which is not supported by mp3gain

1.0.6

Added: Drag 'n Drop functionality to the Sound Converter and PCK-Archive tool
Fixed: Wrong PCK files created by the PCK-Archive tool
Changed: window is now resizable

1.0.5

- All show themes added by @Dnz777 - Thank you very much!

1.0.4

- All ring announcements from ra_m.pck added! A huge thank you to @TheKreator!

1.0.3

This update isn't essential. It has no new features. I have just removed the "Sound-ID helper" tool because it isn't working with update 1.06 and I can't find a way to make it work with that update :(.

I have also removed the sfx patch from SE, because it is annoying. I try to find another way to apply that fix.

1.0.2

- Adds support for the NXT and ENDURING ICONS DLCs

1.0.1
- All new entrance music / generic music added in the list view (A big thank you to @Cave Waverider for the data.xml updates!)
- Some ring announcements added in the list (thank you to @tich for the RA data)
- Fixed a bug which causes a crash if there are duplicate entries in data.xml file

1.0.0
- Initial Release

Download (installer)

  Reveal hidden contents

http://skamason.com/AVtS

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

Download (menu music patcher)

  Reveal hidden contents

Tutorials

  Reveal hidden contents

More details about the new pck files will follow soon. There are a lot of new files this year and also a lot of duplicates. Menu soundtracks are located in the game game_mode_m.pck. Most of the music are in music_x_m.pck and music_misc_x.pck for generic themes!

Ignore files with "e_s" because that files are only event files with soundbanks and no other sounds!

Would you like to make a tutorial? Please let me know!

If you find any errors in the collected data, please let me know or send me a corrected version of your data data.xml file. It is possible to change or remove the data from the data.xml in SE directly. See this little clip:

source.gif

Select the row and click on the column (Name / text) and edit or delete the entry!

FAQ

  Reveal hidden contents

I get an error if I try to convert files to wem -> "File 0 conversion to wem failed.  Please check your Wwise settings!"

Do not install the latest Wwise version! It does not work with the template provided by SE. Instead, use the Wwise version which is included in SE in the "dependencies" folder!

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Editor 2018 is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool or to import wav or mp3 files, you will need Audiokinetic Wwise 2017.

Sound Editor does the installation for you if there is no version installed!

Please use only that version, version 2016.x or lower does not work!!!

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem. There are 2 ways to do that.

1. Use the "Sound-Converter", which still uses Wwise but via CLI (command line interface). You can find this little tool in the top left corner of Sound Editor (Tools - Sound-Converter).

2. Easiest way: Import *.wav and *.mp3 directly and SE converts them to wem before. In that case, you'll also need Wwise!

It uses FFmpeg to convert all mp3 files to wav and then Wwise-CLI to convert from wav to wem! So you will need both tools. FFmpeg is already included, so no worries.

In order to make this happen, this program needs administrator rights! It will not work without them!

Warning: Do not use Wwise directly to convert to wem!!! This years game has some problems with crashes on some wem files!

I can't convert something, because Sound-Converter can't find my Wwise version

That is mostly a  path issue. This program reads the path to Wwise from the registry. In some cases, it couldn't find that path so it won't work.

You can change the path by your own. You will find that in the left top corner (Settings / Settings). If the program has found your path, it should include some text with path info. If not, please select your path manually. There is a button ("..") next to the text field for that.

Wwise path should be something like that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2017.1.2.6361

This path can vary. Please make sure you have the correct path to your Wwise directory!

1. If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something while the game is running.

2. If that does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SE and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for hat. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection.

I need further information for that case.

 

Do you like my work and want future updates? Here you will have the chance to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CHM6HN9Y4D44N

That helps me to make future updates and supports my work!

 

yow where is the download file

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScouringofLorath

Hi, i'm having an unusual issue where I try to update a theme, it properly appears and I get the message of success in the bottom-left corner, and I can properly preview the song, but it doesn't play in-game when I try it. Any help would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheVisitorX
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ScouringofLorath said:

Hi, i'm having an unusual issue where I try to update a theme, it properly appears and I get the message of success in the bottom-left corner, and I can properly preview the song, but it doesn't play in-game when I try it. Any help would be appreciated.

I quote myself

SE 2018 won't be compatible with WWE 2K17 and previous games - You can't use your old converted wem files from previous releases !!!

You can find that message in the first post! 

That is exactly the reason for your issue!

Do not use files converted with Wwise 2014! 

Edited by TheVisitorX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScouringofLorath
4 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I quote myself

SE 2018 won't be compatible with WWE 2K17 and previous games - You can't use your old converted wem files from previous releases !!!

You can find that message in the first post! 

That is exactly the reason for your issue!

Do not use files converted with Wwise 2014! 

I'm not doing any of those things, i'm playing on WWE 2K18, using .WEM files from this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheVisitorX
9 hours ago, ScouringofLorath said:

I'm not doing any of those things, i'm playing on WWE 2K18, using .WEM files from this forum.

My answer remains nonetheless. If the file works in SE, then it is because of a non-compliant .WEM file. SE can play any .WEM file, but that does not necessarily mean that it works in the game as well. Try another, own .WEM file!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackBen83
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ScouringofLorath said:

I'm not doing any of those things, i'm playing on WWE 2K18, using .WEM files from this forum. 

Like @TheVisitorX told you, you just need to download a new .mp3 theme with any Youtube online converters.

Open SE and just convert it, finally "import" the new song : example Baron Corbin End of Days theme.WEM on the "in game" Baron Corbin W2k18 theme.

The last I have updated is the new theme for Big Cass one week ago.

It works very fine for me.

Edited by BlackBen83
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScouringofLorath
14 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

My answer remains nonetheless. If the file works in SE, then it is because of a non-compliant .WEM file. SE can play any .WEM file, but that does not necessarily mean that it works in the game as well. Try another, own .WEM file!

I have taken your advice, I converted YouTube videos to .MP3 files, then converted those to .WEM files, and imported them into the game. Unfortunately, this changed nothing. The original songs still play when I select them in Create-an-Entrance. Should I just fresh install my game? I'm not quite sure what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheVisitorX
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ScouringofLorath said:

I have taken your advice, I converted YouTube videos to .MP3 files, then converted those to .WEM files, and imported them into the game. Unfortunately, this changed nothing. The original songs still play when I select them in Create-an-Entrance. Should I just fresh install my game? I'm not quite sure what to do.

Was your game open during the file import? Which file have you tried to change?

Edited by TheVisitorX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScouringofLorath
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Was your game open during the file import? Which file have you tried to change?

My game was not open, and I attempted to update Baron Corbin's, Shinsuke Nakamura's, and Seth Rollins's theme. I tried doing it through the music_0-4_m.pck 

 

Edit: I have also gone back and played the files I changed, and although it still lists them under replaced sound, it plays the original themes of the ones I replaced.

Edited by ScouringofLorath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now