Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

1 minute ago, Nooodles said:

Okay - what i'll do is try it on misc 2 as its a far smaller file size, how do i send to you?

Could you upload it to some hosting site like google drive or mega? But, please make sure that the sound isn't working in the game before you upload the file!

Hi there

So the sound editor works great for me, have replaced any superstar entrance themes with no issues.

Downloaded the menu music patcher and ran it, says it worked.

Replaced themes in the game_mode_m.pck file with my converted wems, same as i did with the entrance themes. The issue is, the music isn't replaced in the game, it plays the built in menu music still. Am i missing a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance

9 minutes ago, Heath said:

Hi there

So the sound editor works great for me, have replaced any superstar entrance themes with no issues.

Downloaded the menu music patcher and ran it, says it worked.

Replaced themes in the game_mode_m.pck file with my converted wems, same as i did with the entrance themes. The issue is, the music isn't replaced in the game, it plays the built in menu music still. Am i missing a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance

No. Is the song running in full length or does it have the loop issue? Game was closed during music import?

23 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

No. Is the song running in full length or does it have the loop issue? Game was closed during music import?

Game was closed during import, and the music I imported doesn't run at all. The menu music plays as if I haven't replaced it

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

I will check that, but game_mode_m.pck should be the right file. At least it was the right file in version 1.01. Which one have you tried?

I replaced all the sounds in that file, even though when I play them they are not the menu music, it is a bunch of announcer stuff. I also replaced all music in the soundtrack_m.pck, because when i played those within sound editor they were the menu music, but even with both files completely replaced with imported songs it still doesn't do anything. I am currently updated to v1.06, but i was at 1.03 before yesterday with the same issue

4 minutes ago, Freakin' Adam said:

I have the same problem. Also when I play the song in Sound Editor the default song is playing,

If the default song is playing in SE, the injection wasn't successful. That is mostly the case when you have tried to inject something while the game is opened.

4 minutes ago, Heath said:

I replaced all the sounds in that file, even though when I play them they are not the menu music, it is a bunch of announcer stuff. I also replaced all music in the soundtrack_m.pck, because when i played those within sound editor they were the menu music, but even with both files completely replaced with imported songs it still doesn't do anything. I am currently updated to v1.06, but i was at 1.03 before yesterday with the same issue

You have replaced the wrong files! Look in the left tree menu in SE. There are two entries, one is "english (us)" which is mostly commentary or ring announcements - and "sfx". All sounds and themes are within the sfx section! So you have replaced the wrong files! ;) Most PCK files have only an sfx or english (us) entry, but that file has both.

Edited by TheVisitorX

5 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

If the default song is playing in SE, the injection wasn't successful. That is mostly the case when you have tried to inject something while the game is opened.

You have replaced the wrong files! Look in the left tree menu in SE. There are two entries, one is "english (us)" which is mostly commentary or ring announcements - and "sfx". All sounds and themes are within the sfx section! So you have replaced the wrong files! ;) Most PCK files have only an sfx or english (us) entry, but that file has both.

I actually have both the english(us) and sfx files replaced, because i thought of that same thing when i started this lol, but I still have the problem :(

3 minutes ago, Heath said:

I actually have both the english(us) and sfx files replaced, because i thought of that same thing when i started this lol, but I still have the problem :(

Could you upload your file?

4 minutes ago, Freakin' Adam said:

Oh, I didn't even realise I had the game open. It's working now. Thanks! BTW, once the song ends in the game does it just start over again?

It should loop the song, yes, at least it is enabled in Wwise. I have no idea if that makes any difference.

Edited by TheVisitorX

5 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Having examined the taunt and run a few tests, I can conclude the taunt sound data is not directly linked to the taunt , as when I assign Ric Flairs woo taunts to another in-game  character, the sound is not played during gameplay.

I believe this info amongst other things like HBKs corner flip bump, straps coming down on tank tops etc are hard coded into the game by slot 

• Like 1
  • Yes! 1

Could you upload your file?

Just checked something if it makes a difference, I tried playing the injected files in sound editor, and it still plays the default versions?

1 minute ago, Heath said:

Just checked something if it makes a difference, I tried playing the injected files in sound editor, and it still plays the default versions?

If that is the case, the injection went wrong. Are you sure that your game is closed? Did you check that in the task manager? Sometimes the game doesn't properly close.

If that is the case, the injection went wrong. Are you sure that your game is closed? Did you check that in the task manager? Sometimes the game doesn't properly close.

i checked task manager to make sure, and am injecting all the entries again, I'll post in a sec once I've tested

Sound Editor 1.0.6 has been released!

This time it's a bigger update. I have rewritten the whole PCK creation logic for further sound modding and I have also added "drag 'n drop" to the "Sound-Converter" and "PCK-Archive" tools.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Too Sweet 1

11 minutes ago, Heath said:

i checked task manager to make sure, and am injecting all the entries again, I'll post in a sec once I've tested

My menu music now works! I guess my game must have been running in the background when i did it. Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 1.0.6 has been released!

This time it's a bigger update. I have rewritten the whole PCK creation logic for further sound modding and I have also added "drag 'n drop" to the "Sound-Converter" and "PCK-Archive" tools.

I just tried the "Check for Updates" within the software and it reports "There is no new version available".  I had been updating each new version, but I also looked in the "Info" and it says 1.0.3.3319 from 1/24/18.  Maybe that wasn't updating with the recent data.xml updates?

Also, I have completed indexing a couple more files so I'll post updated custom_data downloads later this evening as I work through a few more.

Just now, TheKreator said:

I just tried the "Check for Updates" within the software and it reports "There is no new version available".  I had been updating each new version, but I also looked in the "Info" and it says 1.0.3.3319 from 1/24/18.  Maybe that wasn't updating with the recent data.xml updates?

Also, I have completed indexing a couple more files so I'll post updated custom_data downloads later this evening as I work through a few more.

Please try it again! It should now working. I have forgotten to add the new version to the update server.

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

Please try it again! It should now working. I have forgotten to add the new version to the update server.

It worked now, thank you!  And the version is correct in the Info section.

Oh man, I love that I can now resize the window!  Seems like such a simple thing, but what a difference it makes when going through these as much as I have lately!

Modding audio from previous versions is "tricky" this year. They have changed the structure and also removed some references from last year. Seems like the _startup_audio_pXX.pac in pac/root holds some references to the themes in the game, because if I delete that file for (p30), the game doesn't play themes for the latest DLC (Jeff Hardy for example). If anyone is interested in sound-modding, you should take a closer look at the files in this pac. Seems like the game processes that file at startup (as name says).

22 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

It worked now, thank you!  And the version is correct in the Info section.

Oh man, I love that I can now resize the window!  Seems like such a simple thing, but what a difference it makes when going through these as much as I have lately!

*hehe* Yeah I completely forgot to mention that change :D. Resizing is still a bit "buggy", because some table columns have fixed sizes, which makes a problem if you try to resize the grid. It still needs some tuning.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

The file sfx_m.pck is interesting and relevant to the Menu Music because all the menu music is in here too!

Under "english (us)" it's all referee vocals which are hilarious, but also include tons of names of wrestlers not in 2K18 like CM Punk, MVP, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, etc...  so these are obviously just full of sound clips from prior years they didn't mess with.  (Also, the referees don't use hardly any of these lines that I can recall.  I wish they did because the voice over guy who recorded these has some funny lines threatening to DQ people, asking if they give up, begging guys not to use weapons, etc...)

Under "sfx" it's mostly sound effects as you'd expect, like Pyro blasts, fireworks, lightning bolts, ambient background audio for career mode... but if you sort based on size, the largest files are all the menu music.  (So odd that they store so many copies of the same thing in multiple places, but maybe one location is the actual music played during the menu, and one list is only used when accessing it from the in-game "jukebox"?)

Interesting. This file is a bit of a mystery this year... I'm not sure if the game actually uses that file and why it exists!? The menu music is also defined in the game_mode_m.pck and that's the file which the game actually uses.