Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

13 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

It's working fine here. Try to disable your adblocker, clear your browser cache or test with a different browser. You could also try setting a different DNS server in case your ISP's is having trouble with domain name resolution.

This site can’t be reached

activeation.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Search Google for activation BXYd

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I have tried everything u said, and this was all i got up there ^, any other ideas or solutions ? 

6 minutes ago, AmrMohsen said:

This site can’t be reached

activeation.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Search Google for activation BXYd

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I have tried everything u said, and this was all i got up there ^, any other ideas or solutions ? 

Sounds like your DNS server can't resolve it. Try some public DNS Servers like Open DNS or Google's instead. If that doesn't work, perhaps your ISP or something else is blocking the connection to the IP or there are general connection issues on the route from your computer to the server. I suggest to search the web for things you can try.

24 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Sounds like your DNS server can't resolve it. Try some public DNS Servers like Open DNS or Google's instead. If that doesn't work, perhaps your ISP or something else is blocking the connection to the IP or there are general connection issues on the route from your computer to the server. I suggest to search the web for things you can try.

Thanks alot Man, A public DNS server did work, i appreciate ur help, but apparently i have come across another issue now, i downloaded SE 2018, Downloaded Wwise Version Wwise 2017.1.4.6407, Then When i try to update it to Version Wwise 2017.2.0.6500, the Installer does not complete, So My question here is, is this going to affect anything, or will the version i have be just fine ? Also, as soon as Open SE 2018, I go to Settings, In the Wwise Main directory, I select AudioKinetic, WWise, Authoring, x64, bin....It gives me a message saying ur Path is not valid or u have select a wrong Wwise version :huh: Am i doing anything wrong here ? 

1 hour ago, AmrMohsen said:

Thanks alot Man, A public DNS server did work, i appreciate ur help, but apparently i have come across another issue now, i downloaded SE 2018, Downloaded Wwise Version Wwise 2017.1.4.6407, Then When i try to update it to Version Wwise 2017.2.0.6500, the Installer does not complete, So My question here is, is this going to affect anything, or will the version i have be just fine ? Also, as soon as Open SE 2018, I go to Settings, In the Wwise Main directory, I select AudioKinetic, WWise, Authoring, x64, bin....It gives me a message saying ur Path is not valid or u have select a wrong Wwise version :huh: Am i doing anything wrong here ? 

First, you need to use a 2017.1.x.x version for Sound Editor, newer ones won't work due to the template included in Sound Editor being only compatible with that version, as @TheVisitorX explained in one of the posts above. So there is no point in installing 2017.2.x.x right now (although it doesn't hurt either, as you can have concurrent versions, as long as you point Sound Editor to the 2017.1.x.x one it should be fine).

Second, setting the directory has been explained in this thread numerous times. Just point it to the Wwise 2017.1.4.6407 directory, not any of it's sub-directories.

Sometimes I wish people would start reading a bit or at least using the forum search function before they ask the same questions that have been asked numerous times. Having to post the same explanations over and over sure gets exhausting. :(

1 minute ago, Cave Waverider said:

First, you need to use a 2017.1.x.x version for Sound Editor, newer ones won't work due to the template included in Sound Editor being only compatible with that version, as @TheVisitorX explained in one of the posts above. So there is no point in installing 2017.2.x.x right now.
Second, setting the directory has been explained in this thread numerous times. Just point it to the Wwise 2017.1.4.6407 directory, not any of it's sub-directories.

Sometimes I wish people would start reading a bit or at least using the forum search function before they ask questions. Having to post the same explanations over and over sure gets exhausting.

Well, I actually did Scroll 15 freaking pages in this thread to find my answer, and i still couldnt, so i found the answer on Youtube a min before u replied, ive only just signed up to this page an hour ago and this is all new to me, So i appreciate ur help, but u dont need to go off at me for the 1000 people that asked the very same question before me. Cheers Mate.

52 minutes ago, AmrMohsen said:

Well, I actually did Scroll 15 freaking pages in this thread to find my answer, and i still couldnt, so i found the answer on Youtube a min before u replied, ive only just signed up to this page an hour ago and this is all new to me, So i appreciate ur help, but u dont need to go off at me for the 1000 people that asked the very same question before me. Cheers Mate.

It was a general statement, nothing personal.

Besides that, you do realize that the WWise question is explained in the FAQ in the first post of this very thread (in addition to it being explained again in various replies by @TheVisitorX), right? ;)

Scrolling can be fun, but reading is where you actually get the information from. And if you have problems, the very first thing you should do is to read a FAQ and Tutorials if they are available. :p 

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

@Robbie686 Not yet, as far as I know. But somebody started inserting some of the the files into the data.xml file. Unfortunately, there was no time yet to enter this data in SE.

Is the data.xml file shared among all users of SE or is it stored locally per installation?  I was just curious as I had begun listening to many of the announcer files to start dropping in a few Fink calls for certain wrestlers and curious if users edit the Name column within SE, does that update your master file?  Just wanted to be sure if I take the time to start indexing some of these, where best should I keep track of it?  I just opened the ra_m.pck and noticed the column for the Replaced name shows my swaps, but the Name column is empty on most of those now, though my replaced audio still plays correctly in the slot.

Thanks!

There are 3 files, all are stored locally, but all have a different purpose. The data.xml file is the main and global data file, which is included in the setup and updated by myself. It contains all changes that were active and known at the time of publication. That is the only file which is updated over time.

Then there are 2 more files. First is the one you have mentioned. All the changes/replacements you have made yourself will end up in it. This only serves as an info for yourself so that you see what you have replaced and with what.

The last file is the custom_data.xml. This file is created and updated if you insert or change a new name in a slot that has not yet been used. Therefore, double-click in the "Name" field in SE and complete/change the entries. This file is merged with the data from the data.xml to fill all the files with names. And that's what I need for customization. I then maintain these changes in the main file, which then receive all other users via an update.

16 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

Is the data.xml file shared among all users of SE or is it stored locally per installation?  I was just curious as I had begun listening to many of the announcer files to start dropping in a few Fink calls for certain wrestlers and curious if users edit the Name column within SE, does that update your master file?  Just wanted to be sure if I take the time to start indexing some of these, where best should I keep track of it?  I just opened the ra_m.pck and noticed the column for the Replaced name shows my swaps, but the Name column is empty on most of those now, though my replaced audio still plays correctly in the slot.

Thanks!

But the "name" column shouldn't be empty. It should contain your replaced file name.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Good to know!  So if I were to go through and fill out the Name columns for these, I should send you my custom_data.xml to merge into your global data.xml file?  (Also, should I be backing up my custom_data.xml file prior to installing any future SE update?  I noticed after recent update, it appears my own custom text is no longer there for at least the few I labeled when I tried injecting Fink audio for a few calls.

53 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

Good to know!  So if I were to go through and fill out the Name columns for these, I should send you my custom_data.xml to merge into your global data.xml file?  (Also, should I be backing up my custom_data.xml file prior to installing any future SE update?  I noticed after recent update, it appears my own custom text is no longer there for at least the few I labeled when I tried injecting Fink audio for a few calls.

Yes, exactly. If you have made any changes and want to share your data with the community (which would be great, because there are still a lot of missing files), you only have to send me your custom_data file and I will merge the entries.

Please use the internal updater to update SE, because that one only overwrites/downloads the files which have changed, including the data.xml. The setup overwrites ALL files, including the custom_data.xml and replaced_data.xml! So it's not a good idea to use the setup to update SE!

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, exactly. If you have made any changes and want to share your data with the community (which would be great, because there are still a lot of missing files), you only have to send me your custom_data file and I will merge the entries.

Please use the internal updater to update SE, because that one only overwrites/downloads the files which have changed, including the data.xml. The setup overwrites ALL files, including the custom_data.xml and replaced_data.xml! So it's not a good idea to use the setup to update SE!

Cool, I'll send it along after I get through a good chunk of entries.  As for the update, I did use the internal updater which worked great, but did seem to clear at least the custom text entries I had put in.  I hadn't done very many, so not a big loss, but I'll keep an eye on it next time an update comes out.  It will be awesome if collectively we can get all the ring announcement entries indexed/labeled.  Especially for those of us wanting to load in The Fink everywhere possible.  Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

Huh? There are two DL sections which nobody can overlook?!

link.jpg

Link is in the spoiler tag.

18 hours ago, TheKreator said:

Cool, I'll send it along after I get through a good chunk of entries.  As for the update, I did use the internal updater which worked great, but did seem to clear at least the custom text entries I had put in.  I hadn't done very many, so not a big loss, but I'll keep an eye on it next time an update comes out.  It will be awesome if collectively we can get all the ring announcement entries indexed/labeled.  Especially for those of us wanting to load in The Fink everywhere possible.  Thanks again!

The internal updater should not overwrite/clear your custom entries. It doesn't touch or download xml files, except for the data.xml file.

Edited by TheVisitorX

15 minutes ago, THEpaynexkiller said:

Any idea why I can't change Braun's theme? 

Maybe the wrong file? There are often multiple entries in different pck archives. Sometimes with multiple ids.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Got it working but when I try and convert my mp3 this error comes up "error : file 0 conversion to wem failed. please check your wwise settings".How do I fix this?I am using Wwise 2017.

Install the Wwise version which comes with SE. Do not try to use the latest version from Audiokinetic, because the template is not compatible with the latest version. Also do not forget to set the path to the Wwise cli exe in the settings.

Edited by TheVisitorX

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Maybe the wrong file? There are often multiple entries in different pck archives. Sometimes with multiple ids.

Can't find any others named Braun, though his theme would play when I'd press P. Yet when I replace it, it plays in the Sound Editor but in game in remains unchanged. All of the others seem to have changed successfully. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem. 

/ so there's a file that's been changed, but it's not Brauns theme. Weird. 

Edited by THEpaynexkiller

6 minutes ago, THEpaynexkiller said:

Can't find any others named Braun, though his theme would play when I'd press P. Yet when I replace it, it plays in the Sound Editor but in game in remains unchanged. All of the others seem to have changed successfully. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem. 

/ so there's a file that's been changed, but it's not Brauns theme. Weird. 

If you press p to play the song, that does not necessarily mean that, if it works, it will also work in the game. There are many duplicates in the sound archives. And the name of the files was created by the community. It does not come directly from the game or from any game database. Therefore, it is always possible that sometimes a file was named incorrectly or that there is another file which is the right one.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1