General Information & Discoveries

pozzum

So I got the game yesterday courtesy of 2k but I wasn't allowed to say anything until now

THESE ARE IN PROGRESS

Memory Sheet Here

String Table

File Sheet Here

Uncompressed String Here

Instead of a Chunk Cache file there is a Chunk0.arc If you empty this the game will still load

However there is also a Cunck0.def that you need to update with every pac file or else the exe won't read it.  This can probably be made in a batch script. (I've added a button in 2K18+ already)

Updated String in progress we have about a 8k string gap howevver the string is formatted a little differently and doesn't seem to want to read the add itional pach method we did last year.

EPK8 Works!!!

I tested with 2K16 Seth rollins, I'm unsure of a pac file size limit

I did find there was a file name limit of 63 characters last year, I have not tested that yet.

2K18+  is already partially working I was able to batch export pofos and movesets but I'm unsure if I got the right moveset start I'll need @Cave Waverider 's help

More links and information to come guys I've been working a lot on this.

RE ARC AND DEF

- Clear the Chunk0.arc file

- Update the Chunk0.def file whenever a new pac file is added (not replacements) to get the game to read it.

Here is a batch file that will automatically update and reindex the def file: 

What it Does

It backs up, and then updates the DEF file so that the game can read new files that have been added.

How To Use It

1) Unzip the contents of the zip file into your "WWE 2K18" folder.

2) Run the "Update Index" batch script.

3) Launch game and confirm everything is working.

LINK: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271857205211430913/371501782221848576/Update_Index.zip

REMOVING RETRO FILTERS

DISCORD LINK: wwe2kcreations.com

• Like 12
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Glorious 1

So Some more info on the .def file

You can fill it with every file (I think even files that don't exist) and it will still run, you don't have to limit to just pac files.

Also the def will use both full paths and relative paths, relative paths are the default.

• Like 1

20171017211050_1.jpg

That's a 72mb file, hair is working perfectly (it's @laddanator's hair edit from last year). Haven't tried any entrance files yet. My Disciple mod from 2K16 isn't working uncompressed. Couldn't get it to work on 2K17 at all but I'm gonna compress it and see if it works on 2K18, should go a little way into finding out about file size limits. This was replacing another pac btw just to test, not tried putting into a new slot yet.

EDIT: Disciple pac at 100mb (that's post-compression lmao) isn't working :(

Edited by 4 Life
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 5

It appears that alternate attires are still limited to 100 wrestlers and up to 10 attires per wrestler.

Looks like we'll again require a winning music workaround for alternate attires and added wrestlers as winning music doesn't play for them.
Hopefully the workaround is still possible in a similar manner as in previous games, we'll see once we've deciphered this year's .moveset files. Fingers crossed.

Just so people know there is a very tentative version of 2K18+ of on the discord There are significant issues with the super string trying to get that going.  This will mean there are several features delayed until we can figure out a viable solution.

• Like 1

While it's going to be a bit before I grab a copy of the PC version (still have to get a PC that can even play it), if anyone wants to get the ch pac files up (that is, if that's cool--I saw the ones for 2K16 and 2K17 were up on their respective areas--if not, disregard), I'd be happy to sort through the pacs and get the full list compiled in the meantime. I typically try and get it together for you folks shortly after release, but my hands are otherwise tied without the last gen counterpart this year.

27 minutes ago, OverTheEdge said:

While it's going to be a bit before I grab a copy of the PC version (still have to get a PC that can even play it), if anyone wants to get the ch pac files up (that is, if that's cool--I saw the ones for 2K16 and 2K17 were up on their respective areas--if not, disregard), I'd be happy to sort through the pacs and get the full list compiled in the meantime. I typically try and get it together for you folks shortly after release, but my hands are otherwise tied without the last gen counterpart this year.

You should be able to get about 95% of the pac list from the memory table in the link above. There are some pac files that didn't have names in their pofos so I wasn't able to like auto detect who they were.

13 minutes ago, pozzum said:

You should be able to get about 95% of the pac list from the memory table in the link above. There are some pac files that didn't have names in their pofos so I wasn't able to like auto detect who they were.

Oh, okay--didn't even catch that. That's great. Saves me the effort then in that case. And, yeah, it's usually just a matter of sifting out who's gone from the previous year and who's who out of the new ones. Crazy how, despite not being in these games for years and years, names like Kendrick, Hawkins, Rhyno, Mickie, etc. go right back to the same pac number they last had.

41 minutes ago, OverTheEdge said:

Oh, okay--didn't even catch that. That's great. Saves me the effort then in that case. And, yeah, it's usually just a matter of sifting out who's gone from the previous year and who's who out of the new ones. Crazy how, despite not being in these games for years and years, names like Kendrick, Hawkins, Rhyno, Mickie, etc. go right back to the same pac number they last had.

yeah even stuff with the retro cenas going to older slots he used.

7 hours ago, 4 Life said:

20171017211050_1.jpg

That's a 72mb file, hair is working perfectly (it's @laddanator's hair edit from last year). Haven't tried any entrance files yet. My Disciple mod from 2K16 isn't working uncompressed. Couldn't get it to work on 2K17 at all but I'm gonna compress it and see if it works on 2K18, should go a little way into finding out about file size limits. This was replacing another pac btw just to test, not tried putting into a new slot yet.

EDIT: Disciple pac at 100mb (that's post-compression lmao) isn't working :(

Curious @4 Life  Does your Hogan load against Vader in the Raw is War 1998 arena?

7 hours ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

Will there be a video tutorial regarding the new arc and def files? I think I'm lost lol.

There's really nothing hard, the arc file just works the same as the chunk cache file, you open it in a text editor, select everything, delete then save. For the def file you open it in a text editor and add new file. For example let's say you added a ch10902.pac file in your ch folder you add evt\ch10902.pacpac at the end of the list in the def file.

The white screen is normal, it doesn't mean the game is not loading, it's just there is no more splash.bmp file since the game start immediatly without empty arc, so it doesn't needed splash screen.

Maybe try replacing a pac file first to test instead of adding it, that way you won't have to touch to def file.

Btw @pozzum or anyone else, does the arc file works like on 360 and just check file size ? If it does, it would be awsome if we can update it instead of clear it, so we won't have to wait 5 min eaxh time we launch the game :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @tich, I already figured out how to empty the arc file before you replied, just had no idea what is the def. Since I only replace stuff and never add anything, I'd better leave it there :D

And it takes me nearly 7 minutes looking at a blank white screen to launch the game after I empty the arc file lol. 

29 minutes ago, tich said:

Btw @pozzum or anyone else, does the arc file works like on 360 and just check file size ? If it does, it would be awsome if we can update it instead of clear it, so we won't have to wait 5 min eaxh time we launch the game :D

If they added an arc file, that'd be its function. If you have the option of clearing it out and just never bothering with it again, having spent the last few years fighting with them on the 360, not only are you lucky but that's probably the better route to go. It's just going to be a smattering of random values you pretty much have to guess at and compare with the pac file's original file size in order to figure out what's what (and then keep track of anytime you update it), unless they reverted how they structured it like it used to be before 2K16 and it actually includes identifiable information.

Seeing as they've added that in there, I suggest someone test out replacing an entrance attire with a different pac and seeing if it crashes or not. Because in the past few years, that's been the case on last gen--and that's even if you do update the arcs properly--and it's remained unsolved.

7 minutes ago, OverTheEdge said:

If they added an arc file, that'd be its function. If you have the option of clearing it out and just never bothering with it again, having spent the last few years fighting with them on the 360, not only are you lucky but that's probably the better route to go. It's just going to be a smattering of random values you pretty much have to guess at and compare with the pac file's original file size in order to figure out what's what (and then keep track of anytime you update it), unless they reverted how they structured it like it used to be before 2K16 and it actually includes identifiable information.

Seeing as they've added that in there, I suggest someone test out replacing an entrance attire with a different pac and seeing if it crashes or not. Because in the past few years, that's been the case on last gen--and that's even if you do update the arcs properly--and it's remained unsolved.

well just tried to only modify something in the arc file, and it takes forever to load too, so yep I guess there's no solution other than clearing it.

about WWE2K18 Entrances i have to say they didn't changed soooo much things there

i just added Rollins 2K18 Entrance File to 2K17 (thanks to JulianBITW and Nazran Sami for providing files) and it just worked

unknown.png

*Mod By @JulianBITW *

it works since file names were same and doesn't needed porting.

its good that we can bring some of our favorite 2K17 Entrances to 2K18 (if they deleted them) like Styles or etc.

Edited by The HSN

Gender-swapped a female CAW, which makes them look like - I'm not even kidding - horrific zombie monsters this year. I think it's trying to map the female attire parts, face morphing etc onto the male model. Female in-game superstars switched to male look fine though, maybe it'll mess up if I try to edit attire

20 hours ago, LordJustice17 said:

RE ARC AND DEF

- Clear the Chunk0.arc file

- Update the Chunk0.def file whenever a new pac file is added (not replacements) to get the game to read it.

Here is a batch file that will automatically update and reindex the def file: 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271857205211430913/370344810286153732/Update_Index.bat

1) Place it in your "WWE 2K18" folder.

2) Run it after new files are added.

Disclaimer: Hasn't got a ton of testing so make sure to back up your original def file somewhere before the first run.

How long does this typically take? Mines running for 10 mins or so, not sure if it's frozen or if this is normal?

3 minutes ago, Curb Stomp City said:

How long does this typically take? Mines running for 10 mins or so, not sure if it's frozen or if this is normal?

probably normal ..  2K17 runs after 10 minutes for me , so ... :D