General Information & Discoveries

pozzum

9 hours ago, motishow said:

@Freo, is it necessary to duplicate the files? i mean, is it necessary to create the mods folder? if you add a new file (ch) and put it into the pac or bk2 file and put into titantrons  folder and you update the def file is it necessary to put the same ch/bk2 file into the mods folder?. In wwe2k17 we didn't use the mods folder to add new stuff.

Like tich said, it shouldn't be necessary.  That's just me being redundant.  Just make sure to update your def file & you're good to go.

3 hours ago, tich said:

Nop

the reason of creating a mods folder is precisely to avoid adding anything to the original folder, and keep all added files in the same location. So in fact adding something in the ch folder (or any original games folders) makes the mods folder useless.

It also allows you to keep the original game files intact instead of replacing them. You just have to remove them from the Chunk0.def file, so it's as easy as modifying the Chunk0.def file to go back to the vanilla game files (granted, if you use the batch it doesn't take duplicate files into account thus I prefer to do it manually - but perhaps someone will evolve the script so it checks if an entry in a mods\<ModName>\pac\... sub-folder is already present in the regular \pac\... sub-folder and removes the latter from the .def file). You can then also easily back up your mods before a patch (and the patch likely won't even affect them this way except the entries in the .def file, perhaps).

54 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

It also allows you to keep the original game files intact instead of replacing them. You just have to remove them from the Chunk0.def file, so it's as easy as modifying the Chunk0.def file to go back to the vanilla game files (granted, if you use the batch it doesn't take duplicate files into account thus I prefer to do it manually - but perhaps someone will evolve the script so it checks if an entry in a mods\<ModName>\pac\... sub-folder is already present in the regular \pac\... sub-folder and removes the latter from the .def file). You can then also easily back up your mods before a patch (and the patch likely won't even affect them this way except the entries in the .def file, perhaps).

damn I was actually searching a way to makes the game read files in mods folder instead of original folder, didn't even thought of just removing the entrance in the def file :lol

sometimes the easiest solution is the one you don't think of, thanks for this ;)

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

A new update 1.04 has been relased. Seems like all memory addresses/offsets have changed.

New address for pofos/movesets is old offset/address + 4AE60.

Memory Sheet has been updated, I've also Added the future slots for the dlc based on the pac plus bytes.  (Next dlc is already in place in the pac plus bytes but the enduring dlc is assumed based on context clues)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, G3N0M3 said:

Looks like 1.04 broke 2k15 animations.

Neither Hogan 80's or Hollywood work anymore.

Both were functioning for me before updating today.

They should still work. Have you re-added all your mods to your Chunk0.def file, removed any files that the mods are supposed to replace from the same and restored your mods where their files have been replaced by the update (this is why it's a great idea to put your mods in the \mods\ folder, since updates won't touch that and you can easily restore and move all your mods if needed)? Updates will always replace some things and the Chunk0.def file will also be updated. Don't forget to install the empty Chunk0.arc after each update as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

They should still work. Have you re-added all your mods to your Chunk0.def file

Completely forgot about that.

Didn't think I had to redo it

Edited by G3N0M3

On 11/11/2017 at 12:40 PM, Goon3r73 said:

I didnt even realise we could have Hogan in the game? Is it possible via 2k18+ at all? Or is there a little more to it than that?

Not sure what 2k18+ can do.

I do all my wrestler imports the old Cheat Engine way.

I replaced Jacqueline with POTW 80's Hogan.

Here's his entrance.

• Glorious 1

6 hours ago, G3N0M3 said:

Not sure what 2k18+ can do.

I do all my wrestler imports the old Cheat Engine way.

I replaced Jacqueline with POTW 80's Hogan.

Here's his entrance.

That is just what I am after. I am using CAWs at the moment and have injected 'Real American' theme song in. It's not bad, however, you don't get the ripping of the shirt animation or anything. So you have got that into your game by using something called Cheat Engine am I right? How would I get such a tool? How would I even use that tool? I have limited experience of getting mods into my game. I am not too bad with 2k18+ now on a few mods that @AznBlusuazn has created. Plus a few others by @AlcLegacy. But it is Hogan I am really after. He would complete my game if I am honest. Both nWo and the POTW and Hulk Still Rules models would make awesome additions to my game. It's just knowing how to do this.

You mention about replacing Jacqueline with the POTW version of the Hulkster. I would have no clue on how to do this, and would require help or some sort of tutorial. Are these readily available to read at all? Is Cheat Engine readily available and easy to use? As I say I have very limited experience when it comes to modding. Any help, however small or large, would be great. Many thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, TheBeast said:

@Goon3r73  Cheat engine is not needed to install mods anymore 2k18+ can do that 

BTW aznblusuazn is working on Hogan check his thread

Ah I wondered if he would be. I am using his mods atm. His CM Punk, AJ Lee, and Rey Mysterio are awesome. Plus his attires for HBK, Brock Lesnar, Batista, Miz etc are fantastic too. That is great news if he's working on a Hogan. I will check out his thread. Thanks for the info and thanks for the video showing his entrance. It sure looks good.

I currently use 2k18+ to get these mods into my game, so yea it will be good as and when a Hogan becomes available.

Edited by Goon3r73

not sure if someone already tested some arena modding, but I can confirm that 2k16 arena entrance files are working in 2k18 as well as the nameplate files of 2k16 (I assume 2k17 might work as well).

You just have to add the wwe16_font folder in Steam\steamapps\common\WWE 2K18\pac\menu\win\Assets and run the file update. Then replace the nameplates with 2k16 and it will work

what about 

15 minutes ago, Tarnathos said:

not sure if someone already tested some arena modding, but I can confirm that 2k16 arena entrance files are working in 2k18 as well as the nameplate files of 2k16 (I assume 2k17 might work as well).

You just have to add the wwe16_font folder in Steam\steamapps\common\WWE 2K18\pac\menu\win\Assets and run the file update. Then replace the nameplates with 2k16 and it will work

thanatos do you know if its possible to replace one wwe2k18 arena with wwe2k16 arena?

Edited by motishow

13 minutes ago, motishow said:

what about 

thanatos do you know if its possible to replace one wwe2k18 arena with wwe2k16 arena?

it is. I made some testing and replaced saturday nights main event with KOTR97. they are working and there have been no barricade glitches so far. Only issue there seems to be that you can not replace steel barricade with modern ones as they may look weird.

And 2k18 arenas have other ramps or floors which 2k16 arenas did not have.

Edited by Tarnathos

• 4 weeks later...

hey when i use wwe 2k18 plus and download superstars, some of the superstars' model isn't showing when i select create a entrance and the game freezes when i try to play as them in exhibition. I spent hours trying to edit the pach files & attire slots but nothing works. Any body know the solution to this?

7 hours ago, LS said:

Hi ! Modders! @pozzum @Cave Waverider @Punkamania @Tarnathos @TheBeast , does anybody know how to remove the background wrestler animations from Main Menu, Play etc. ? (I don't know which file is it from Assets in WWE 2K18 game folder)

:|

Just like 2k17, the background you're seeing isn't pre-rendered like in 2k15 and 16, so you cant swap the file for something else, or delete it altogether. It's most likely a line of code stored in one of the files. To alter it, your going to need to find the file and use a hex editor program to delete it, or at least that's my guess. You're better off asking @pozzum

• Thanks 1

On 17/12/2017 at 10:08 PM, Punkamania said:

Just like 2k17, the background you're seeing isn't pre-rendered like in 2k15 and 16, so you cant swap the file for something else, or delete it altogether. It's most likely a line of code stored in one of the files. To alter it, your going to need to find the file and use a hex editor program to delete it, or at least that's my guess. You're better off asking @pozzum

Thanks @Punkamania !

Dear @pozzum, any idea where that file maybe ?