General Information & Discoveries

pozzum

16 minutes ago, Freon said:

@pozzum @Cave Waverider @Perfectplex   Just want to share something I've been meaning to tell you that I am not sure whether you guys know already or not.  If you do, then obviously disregard but its been bothering because I see certain people still replacing their existing Titantrons.  You can add new Titantrons without having to replace an existing one.  If you don't know how just respond to this & I'll write out the steps, & if you do know then just disregard like I said.

I assume it's the same as previous years but I don't really ever mess with it myself.

• Like 1

Yeah, basically as an example.  I'll make Titantron 256_0_0 which doesn't exist (CM PUNK), put it in the MODS folder & the movies folder, update the batch file, then using Cheat Engine go to the Hex for Titantrons referencing (CM PUNK or whatever Superstar you are adding) open up Cheat Engine, Switch to Memory View, right click and switch to 4 byte decimal, then type 25600 (FOR this particular example).  Thought i would post that just in case because i ran into another video of someone saying to replace an existing Superstar which you don't have to do.  Just a heads up for those who may be doing that.

Edited by Freon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Freon said:

Yeah, basically as an example.  I'll make Titantron 256_0_0 which doesn't exist (CM PUNK), put it in the MODS folder & the movies folder, update the batch file, then using Cheat Engine go to the Hex for Titantrons referencing (CM PUNK or whatever Superstar you are adding) open up Cheat Engine, Switch to Memory View, right click and switch to 4 byte decimal, then type 25600 (FOR this particular example).  Thought i would post that just in case because i ran into another video of someone saying to replace an existing Superstar which you don't have to do.  Just a heads up for those who may be doing that.

Yup, it's been possible on the PC since WWE 2k15.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 9:37 AM, Freon said:

Do you know where the mini tron, led apron, and ramp movies are at?

@Punkamania WWE2KXX/pac/mov/

in that folder you will see some other folders that clearly telling you what is for what

and there are PAC files inside the folders which is sorted by Wrestler IDs

inside the PAC Files there are Bink videos ... you can easily extract them with PAC Editor - X-Packer or PACTool ...

18 hours ago, The HSN said:

@Punkamania WWE2KXX/pac/mov/

in that folder you will see some other folders that clearly telling you what is for what

and there are PAC files inside the folders which is sorted by Wrestler IDs

inside the PAC Files there are Bink videos ... you can easily extract them with PAC Editor - X-Packer or PACTool ...

Thanks! I was wondering where they were. Sorry mods for shifting the topic.

10 hours ago, Punkamania said:

Thanks! I was wondering where they were. Sorry mods for shifting the topic.

nah its not bad to ask quick question like that here

at least i don't think so... and np!

On 2/11/2017 at 2:37 PM, Freon said:

Freon could you post a video tutorial , i am trying to add a new titantron (without replacement) and i am lost  when i try to switch to 4 bytes decimal

8 hours ago, motishow said:

Freon could you post a video tutorial , i am trying to add a new titantron (without replacement) and i am lost  when i try to switch to 4 bytes decimal

@motishow

Make sure you put the new Titantron in the mods folder as well as the movies folder.  Update the batch file if you are doing it that way.  Then plug in the numbers as illustrated.  Hope this helps.

2jg6k3n.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jayden™ said:

Whats ur pc specs ?

i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
SABERTOOTH Z87 Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Dell's 27-inch G-Sync 144Hz S2716DGR Gaming Monitor
EVGA GTX 980ti SC
16gb Kingston memory
Intel SSDSA2CW120G3 120 GB Internal Solid State Drive
3 External Toshiba Canvio Drives
Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 Speakers

20 minutes ago, Freon said:

i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
SABERTOOTH Z87 Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Dell's 27-inch G-Sync 144Hz S2716DGR Gaming Monitor
EVGA GTX 980ti SC
16gb Kingston memory
Intel SSDSA2CW120G3 120 GB Internal Solid State Drive
3 External Toshiba Canvio Drives
Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 Speakers

Nice buddy i have i3 with 750ti 8gb ram win 7 ultimate btw which stable nvidia driver version you using for playing 2k18 

9 minutes ago, Freon said:

The latest 388.13.  Working fine no crashes.  :wwe

Was seen some horrible stuttering comments about that driver on reddit forum thats why imma still hanging with 385.69 but i will give it try 

If the current ones you are on are working fine, keep using those.  I only install the latest if its related to a game that just got released.  Also performing a clean install is usually the best route to go.  A lot of these guys who you always see posting that they are getting Blue Screens or crashes, always conveniently leave out that they either pirated the game, have installed drivers over drivers since 2015 without ever performing a clean install, are overclocking their machines without proper ventilation, etc, etc. 

I remember one guy who posted a story about how his card bricked his system on the NVIDIA site and after someone did some detective work, discovered the same guy had posted on a different forum how he was installing firmware to unlock extra CUDA cores when his house had a power failure.  No two systems are ever built alike & most certainly ever run the same.  You will also unlikely ever read how said drivers are great as people without problems never post to give kudos to the team.  Not to say NVIDIA has never dropped the ball, but being a past AMD user I never went back to ATI.  Having said that, AMD is the best thing to happen to NVIDIA and I am grateful for them because if NVIDIA was the only monopoly in town, we as gamer's would be screwed with 6 month driver intervals and lackadaisical support. 

I myself have only had to deal with NVIDIA once due to TigerDirect trying to scam me out of my Metal Gear Phantom Pain free game.  I reported them to the BBB and got in contact with Jensen Huang the CEO of NVIDIA and in less than 2 hours i had not only my free game but also a WITCHER 3 code for my troubles.

So always take what you read with a grain of Bae Salt. ;)

1 hour ago, Freon said:

If the current ones you are on are working fine, keep using those.  I only install the latest if its related to a game that just got released.  Also performing a clean install is usually the best route to go.  A lot of these guys who you always see posting that they are getting Blue Screens or crashes, always conveniently leave out that they either pirated the game, have installed drivers over drivers since 2015 without ever performing a clean install, are overclocking their machines without proper ventilation, etc, etc. 

I remember one guy who posted a story about how his card bricked his system on the NVIDIA site and after someone did some detective work, discovered the same guy had posted on a different forum how he was installing firmware to unlock extra CUDA cores when his house had a power failure.  No two systems are ever built alike & most certainly ever run the same.  You will also unlikely ever read how said drivers are great as people without problems never post to give kudos to the team.  Not to say NVIDIA has never dropped the ball, but being a past AMD user I never went back to ATI.  Having said that, AMD is the best thing to happen to NVIDIA and I am grateful for them because if NVIDIA was the only monopoly in town, we as gamer's would be screwed with 6 month driver intervals and lackadaisical support. 

I myself have only had to deal with NVIDIA once due to TigerDirect trying to scam me out of my Metal Gear Phantom Pain free game.  I reported them to the BBB and got in contact with Jensen Huang the CEO of NVIDIA and in less than 2 hours i had not only my free game but also a WITCHER 3 code for my troubles.

So always take what you read with a grain of Bae Salt. ;)

Just clean installed win 7 ultimate updated till oct2017 today and i want to let you know that game wont start if i put blank chunk.arc file there for using mods but when i put original chunk.arc game start smoothly but when i am going to select mod the game crashed so any fix for using mods on win 7 ultimate

4 hours ago, Jayden™ said:

Just clean installed win 7 ultimate updated till oct2017 today and i want to let you know that game wont start if i put blank chunk.arc file there for using mods but when i put original chunk.arc game start smoothly but when i am going to select mod the game crashed so any fix for using mods on win 7 ultimate

The way I have it setup is with a mods folder in the main folder (with the mods inside) and the Update batch file that Pozzum posted.  Every time I add any mod or file that is NOT in this game originally, I just make sure I add the files in the MODS folder & the folder in which they would go, then run the Update batch file.

Crashes can be attributed to a couple of things from what I have read.

1)  Be sure to install/update DirectX runtimes and VC redistributable

2)  Make sure Integrated graphics is not being selected in the NVIDIA control panel.

Now since you said the game runs fine except when you use MODS, make sure the MODS you add are in both folders like I said.  The game may be looking for the file & when it can't find it, it crashes.  For example if its CH.AlbertoDelRio.pac  make sure he is in the MODS folder and the pac/ch folder.  Then run the Update batch file.  Also make sure you shut down Cheat Engine once your mods are installed and you're ready to play.

That's how I do it.

Edited by Freon

1 hour ago, Freon said:

The way I have it setup is with a mods folder in the main folder (with the mods inside) and the Update batch file that Pozzum posted.  Every time I add any mod or file that is NOT in this game originally, I just make sure I add the files in the MODS folder & the folder in which they would go, then run the Update batch file.

Crashes can be attributed to a couple of things from what I have read.

1)  Be sure to install/update DirectX runtimes and VC redistributable

2)  Make sure Integrated graphics is not being selected in the NVIDIA control panel.

Now since you said the game runs fine except when you use MODS, make sure the MODS you add are in both folders like I said.  The game may be looking for the file & when it can't find it, it crashes.  For example if its CH.AlbertoDelRio.pac  make sure he is in the MODS folder and the pac/ch folder.  Then run the Update batch file.  Also make sure you shut down Cheat Engine once your mods are installed and you're ready to play.

That's how I do it.

Can you post screenshot bcoz i cant understand to where to put mods folder and where to put update  batch file ?

1 hour ago, Jayden™ said:

Can you post screenshot bcoz i cant understand to where to put mods folder and where to put update  batch file ?

This is how I have it.  Some of the steps may be redundant but it works for me & I haven't had any crashes.

2evw6kz.jpg

2 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Just wanted to say — separate Mods folder is best method :) 

I think that's how I have it.  Unless you mean a mods folder located elsewhere referencing inside this folder, in which case I would not know how make that work.  I have had no conflicts with it reading the files out of the mods folder.  Works perfectly fine for me.

• Thanks 1

Ok so on a separate note on the memory sheet.  CM Punk will be moving from slot 256 to 106.

The reason for this being default home town announcements that seem to get automatically replaced.

256 Announces for New York, most others seem to state from no where.

@Cave Waverider would be able to explain a little bit more I think.

@Freo, is it necessary to duplicate the files? i mean, is it necessary to create the mods folder? if you add a new file (ch) and put it into the pac or bk2 file and put into titantrons  folder and you update the def file is it necessary to put the same ch/bk2 file into the mods folder?. In wwe2k17 we didn't use the mods folder to add new stuff.

8 hours ago, motishow said:

@Freo, is it necessary to duplicate the files? i mean, is it necessary to create the mods folder? if you add a new file (ch) and put it into the pac or bk2 file and put into titantrons  folder and you update the def file is it necessary to put the same ch/bk2 file into the mods folder?. In wwe2k17 we didn't use the mods folder to add new stuff.

Nop

the reason of creating a mods folder is precisely to avoid adding anything to the original folder, and keep all added files in the same location. So in fact adding something in the ch folder (or any original games folders) makes the mods folder useless.

Edited by tich