General Information & Discoveries

pozzum

On 22/10/2017 at 5:44 AM, LordJustice17 said:

I've updated the reindex script. Seems the issue was a discrepancy between dos and unix line endings that was causing crashes/freezes for some users. So remedy this a small commandline utility is included (dos2unix). It would be great if everyone could test it out and make sure its working on all configs.

What it Does

It backs up, and then updates the DEF file so that the game can read new files that have been added.

How To Use It

1) Unzip the contents of the zip file into your "WWE 2K18" folder.

2) Run the "Update Index" batch script.

3) Launch game and confirm everything is working.

LINK: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271857205211430913/371501782221848576/Update_Index.zip

TROUBLESHOOTING

After spending WAY to many hours helping people troubleshoot, I've come to the realization that people who have installed their game in either "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" are going to have issues. It seems that newer versions of Windows will not allow the necessary commands to be executed inside of a Program Files folder. I don't think there is a way to script around this.

The workaround would be to move your game install to a different folder not inside of Program Files (ex: "C:\SteamGames"). There are several ways to do this (google is your friend).

This may seem like a lot of hassle for a simple index script, however arena mods in the future will also likely rely on batch scripting as they did in 2K16 so it is easier to do it now before modding gets into a full swing. I suspect that running the game outside of the Program Files folder will lead to fewer modding issues in general.

doesn't work for me, copied all 3 files in my 2k18 folder (wich is not located in program files folder). when i launch the batch file, the dos windows says the specified path was not found then close.

edit: problem fixed, it was because my wwe 2k18 folder, wasn't called wwe 2k18 :D

Edited by tich

Well after a research on menu files (my fav part)

i found they used same animation types for 2K18 (i thought they will change it since they dropped last-gen)

so , i just converted WWE2K18 BG (without seth or people , coz thats a different story) to SvR11 PSP/PS2

and as this screenshot shows ... it works

unknown.png

unknown.png

so same thing is probably possible last older games for match cards -> Selection pics and stuff

17 hours ago, The HSN said:

Well after a research on menu files (my fav part)

i found they used same animation types for 2K18 (i thought they will change it since they dropped last-gen)

so , i just converted WWE2K18 BG (without seth or people , coz thats a different story) to SvR11 PSP/PS2

and as this screenshot shows ... it works

unknown.png

unknown.png

so same thing is probably possible last older games for match cards -> Selection pics and stuff

So could this work on last gen to change the player select screen in 17?

33 minutes ago, zhigge said:

So could this work on last gen to change the player select screen in 17?

Yep , technically we can mod last gen games too

we tried with 2K14 (since that game had more options and abilites in last gen)

thanks to @eatrawmeat391 with his PAC Editor

i was able to change files in PS3 , i changed loading icon and it worked

however for other things , since it was Disc version of game , it had Checksum and stuff and it was crashing at Game Data installation

so i guess PSN version of game in PS3 will work since that doesn't having checksum if you change the files

and about 2K17 in PS3 , well since they used new algorithm for files , we still can't Update ARC there

---------

at all , its possible since for animations they using same structure , you might not get the wrestlers there at menu .. but at least you can convert the BG - or match cards and stuff

On 22/10/2017 at 3:44 AM, LordJustice17 said:

I've updated the reindex script. Seems the issue was a discrepancy between dos and unix line endings that was causing crashes/freezes for some users. So remedy this a small commandline utility is included (dos2unix). It would be great if everyone could test it out and make sure its working on all configs.

What it Does

It backs up, and then updates the DEF file so that the game can read new files that have been added.

How To Use It

1) Unzip the contents of the zip file into your "WWE 2K18" folder.

2) Run the "Update Index" batch script.

3) Launch game and confirm everything is working.

LINK: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271857205211430913/371501782221848576/Update_Index.zip

TROUBLESHOOTING

After spending WAY to many hours helping people troubleshoot, I've come to the realization that people who have installed their game in either "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" are going to have issues. It seems that newer versions of Windows will not allow the necessary commands to be executed inside of a Program Files folder. I don't think there is a way to script around this.

The workaround would be to move your game install to a different folder not inside of Program Files (ex: "C:\SteamGames"). There are several ways to do this (google is your friend).

This may seem like a lot of hassle for a simple index script, however arena mods in the future will also likely rely on batch scripting as they did in 2K16 so it is easier to do it now before modding gets into a full swing. I suspect that running the game outside of the Program Files folder will lead to fewer modding issues in general.

Hello there, for some reason the link doesn't work for me. It keeps coming up with unsecure connection and doesn't allow me to reload, proceed or anything? Any help with this would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i believe 2K18 PC version , can't handle even this

unknown.png

unknown.png

technically it can if you replace someone else with Orton or change codes with Cheat Engine .. but still ... 2K18 wasn't good in PC , everyone waiting for update.

(mine is just crashing after Don't Try scene :D )

*once again thanks to @eatrawmeat391 for this cheat code for SvR11

Edited by The HSN

10 hours ago, The HSN said:

i believe 2K18 PC version , can't handle even this

technically it can if you replace someone else with Orton or change codes with Cheat Engine .. but still ... 2K18 wasn't good in PC , everyone waiting for update.

(mine is just crashing after Don't Try scene :D )

*once again thanks to @eatrawmeat391 for this cheat code for SvR11

This can be done with 2K18+ pretty easily

20171027223707_1.jpg

3 hours ago, pozzum said:

Yes.  It's still a work in progress though.

@pozzum hello there. What is this 2K18+ that folk are speaking of? Is it something that anyone and everyone can get or not? But tbh it sounds a bit technical for me. I am not very good when it comes to tech. I can play games sure but the tech side of it I don't know much of. I managed to mod 2K15 and 16 with the Data Editor, CCT, and Sound Mod etc and I am hoping I can do the same with 2K18 as and when it is released. At the moment I am able to swap out wrestler attire pacs and use them in game. But it will be a lot better once the tools are there to use. I already thanked you and others in a different post for an outstanding job that you guys are doing to make this game so much better. A grand job you are all doing.

1 hour ago, Goon3r73 said:

@pozzum hello there. What is this 2K18+ that folk are speaking of? Is it something that anyone and everyone can get or not? But tbh it sounds a bit technical for me. I am not very good when it comes to tech. I can play games sure but the tech side of it I don't know much of. I managed to mod 2K15 and 16 with the Data Editor, CCT, and Sound Mod etc and I am hoping I can do the same with 2K18 as and when it is released. At the moment I am able to swap out wrestler attire pacs and use them in game. But it will be a lot better once the tools are there to use. I already thanked you and others in a different post for an outstanding job that you guys are doing to make this game so much better. A grand job you are all doing.

2K18+ is still not quite done, but it's on the discord in a beta state. 

I've also changed the data sheets to the sheet type after some requests from people.

1 hour ago, pozzum said:

2K18+ is still not quite done, but it's on the discord in a beta state. 

I've also changed the data sheets to the sheet type after some requests from people.

Unfortunately it seems I cannot access the discord as the link is broken. It keeps saying insecure connection?

23 hours ago, pozzum said:

This can be done with 2K18+ pretty easily

20171027223707_1.jpg

well i was just kidding there , i tried to make fun of bad optimization in 2K18 ...

but at all ... i was on my head when i said that so :D LOL

and 2K18+ seems cool .. but first , i need to fix 2K18 Crash thing :D

Edited by The HSN

5 hours ago, Goon3r73 said:

Unfortunately it seems I cannot access the discord as the link is broken. It keeps saying insecure connection?

Try wwe2kcreations.com for discord

Is there any possibility of getting a set it and forget it mod injection such that it would be possible to save univereses that have modded wrestlers this year? Is this totally not doable?

17 hours ago, rynebrandon said:

Is there any possibility of getting a set it and forget it mod injection such that it would be possible to save univereses that have modded wrestlers this year? Is this totally not doable?

I think it'll be possible yeah, there is something in progress that might work.

On 24/10/2017 at 1:43 PM, th7112 said:

May I ask how you did the gender change?.

I tried changing the memory table to 1-0, but I got a texture glitch.

sorry my bad english i used Google Translator.

No problem, so..

I first choose the female fighter (i created one, wich is shofitia.. maybe it don't work for original whrestlers..) [she is still a female, i don't change her gender]
then, i switch my another whrestler from male, to female.. then i choose him to be my oponent, then quickly switch gender back to male.. and that's it xD

sorry my english, brazilian noob here..

so in the end, it's still a fight of a Female Vs Male..
i don't let both to be the same gender in the fight itself..
because of the walking animations and stuff..

5 hours ago, CeLioCiBR said:

No problem, so..

I first choose the female fighter (i created one, wich is shofitia.. maybe it don't work for original whrestlers..) [she is still a female, i don't change her gender]
then, i switch my another whrestler from male, to female.. then i choose him to be my oponent, then quickly switch gender back to male.. and that's it xD

sorry my english, brazilian noob here..

so in the end, it's still a fight of a Female Vs Male..
i don't let both to be the same gender in the fight itself..
because of the walking animations and stuff..

oh i see. Thank you very much~^^

• Like 1

@pozzum @Cave Waverider @Perfectplex   Just want to share something I've been meaning to tell you that I am not sure whether you guys know already or not.  If you do, then obviously disregard but its been bothering because I see certain people still replacing their existing Titantrons.  You can add new Titantrons without having to replace an existing one.  If you don't know how just respond to this & I'll write out the steps, & if you do know then just disregard like I said.