General Information & Discoveries

pozzum

22 hours ago, LS said:

Thanks @Punkamania !

Dear @pozzum, any idea where that file maybe ? 

if it's like last year I think you had to edit / delete the animations iirc @LordJustice17 knew how to do it.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:21 PM, Punkamania said:

hey when i use wwe 2k18 plus and download superstars, some of the superstars' model isn't showing when i select create a entrance and the game freezes when i try to play as them in exhibition. I spent hours trying to edit the pach files & attire slots but nothing works. Any body know the solution to this?

For this particular issue it might be the moveset not having the proper animation in your game.  Test without an entrance if the model works then I would say use the animation editor in 2k18+ to change the entrance and winning animations to something generic like the rock's

• Like 1

Are we still totally limited by PAC file sizes or has some sort of work-around been found yet? Been out of the loop for a bit, I do wanna do some modding but the file size limits of last year pissed me off to the point that I ended up quitting. I refunded 2K18 cause of the same problems, I'd buy it again though if a way around it has been found.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

Are we still totally limited by PAC file sizes or has some sort of work-around been found yet? Been out of the loop for a bit, I do wanna do some modding but the file size limits of last year pissed me off to the point that I ended up quitting. I refunded 2K18 cause of the same problems, I'd buy it again though if a way around it has been found.

I think the 80mb still stands BUT there are no AO files in 2k18 so that shaves off 5-15mb in same cases. Then if you save all the textures without mips you can take off another 5-1mb.  2k18 yobjs also have some kind of crazy compression as well. 

I think the Konnan mod I recently released had something like 6-7 yobjs in it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Developers - With the 1.06 update :

Offset change + 17488 DEC / + 4450 HEX

Thanks! Double-checked and confirmed and verified by myself and @TheVisitorX with the same results.

I've updated @pozzum's memory tables with the addresses for Game Update 1.06. Happy modding!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone.  I wanted to put this out there.  We are working on solving some of the great mysteries of the game and wanted to see if there was anyone wanting to contribute.

Some of the items being worked on:

- Custom CE file (pretty close, structure breakdown and understanding complete, each body part identified, app with GUI to customize, working on mapping of indexes on objects).  This is something @pozzum @tekken57 and I amongst others have been working on. 

- Custom 2580 file

- Arena stuff (really more of @LordJustice17 and @hovathagod32‘s area) — stuff like breakdown of the lights, the values to control number of fans or chairs, boundaries, object placement, geo / physics, etc

- Custom Scene Animations (continued breakdown of the EVP/EVZ in the EVT — @jakeypearce @pozzum and I have done a lot, just needs documentation lol) but looks for more help :) 

and there’s more. 

This isn’t something that anyone is looking to monetize or trying to hold over anyone’s head. It’s not egos or trying to make one ”group” better than the other.  Everything is transparent and definitely shareable to the public.  This is about making the game better and bringing the community together. 

If you’re interested, shoot me a PM and let’s talk. Real time chat is best on the Smacktalks Discord -discord.smacktalks.org - we have a few private chats for such discoveries where we can collobrate. 

While everyone is welcome to join, this post is for the more technical folks that can help break down this stuff or people that really want to dive in and make this happen. 

Hope to hear from you all!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, thought I'd put this here and see if anything comes of it.

I've been looking specifically at the render files, the tools at the moment detect the textures for the renders. But when I dive deeper into the file, there are two ZLIB compressed files which when I decompress, I get this:

https://imgur.com/a/k2YrNtY

If for example, I search 6AAD1FEB4C464F7B in the file, sure enough it points me to the end of where the Drew McIntyre entry is. At this moment, I don't know if it means anything, just putting this here to see if it's a dead-end (if someone's found it before) or if anyone wants to look at the file themselves.

• Like 1