Petchy's CAWs | Rey Mysterio UPLOADED (26/02)

Petchy

Ok, so wasn't expecting to do this tonight but... surprise! :D 

23le33n.jpg

After spending so long away from this CAW, when I fired up the game today for the first time in ages I instantly wanted to rework it further. Started with a whole new facial texture, in order to fix the skin colour, and tried to keep much of the old morph where I could. Heavily tweaked in some areas but I'm finally happy with this. I know it'll translate better to a Hollywood and 80s Hogan compared to the older version. That messy, square looking tache is also finally gone too!

qywtut.jpg

Edited by Petchy

While I'm super appreciative you're back and i was vocal on this thread supporting this, I gotta say I think this took a step back. The older version was PERFECT, this one now looks more "CAW" like where the older one looked like is was in game model. Maybe the darker skin tone throws it off but I think the nose, chin and high cheek area are far lighter compared to everything else in the new version and stand out more than on the older version. The stash is better but the rest of the face and eyebrows are off in my eyes. Maybe it's the stuble on the face texture too. Idk, I though the old one was smooth, blended well, looked more natural. The lines next to his nose were more pronounced/ thickerto create more depth illusion as well. If someone could do a side by side of both versions, maybe it could better illustrate that 

Edited by bucknfish

Woah, this one looks much more like hogan than the older one honestly. Like very spot on, I would just agree with the others that the older one the face skin texture blended better and looked very flesh like and more realistic. And the skin should be a tad bit lighter maybe 

With the older version, because I was working with a lighter skin tone everything would naturally look more 'fleshy' because of the colour palettes I was working with. With this new, tanned tone everything is going to look a little more artificial, as where there has been shading used on the texture it seems as if it's very bright just because of the contrast in colours.

You'll have to trust me on this one guys honestly, in-game the old version struggled with the whole face texture looking brighter than the rest of the skin colour. This version is more seamless. I'll post in-game pictures later to explain what I mean. 

I do still have the old versions saved so i can upload both alternatives anyway. 😀

Sounds great, I'll grab both if you'd put both up and face them off against each other. That's usually how I decide between 2 creations on which looks better in game. But yes, thanks for your passion to create the best for us. This is amazing. Looking forward to in game shots. Maybe a face off match between old and new so we can see what you are saying.  

20 hours ago, bucknfish said:

Sounds great, I'll grab both if you'd put both up and face them off against each other. That's usually how I decide between 2 creations

This. I finally decided what im gonna do if I find 2 really good caws of the same wrestler and can’t decide which one I want to keep #cawfightclub

and Petchy, very excited to see in game photos as well as progression of the Hogan! I would like to see this incarnation with the hollywood beard

Edited by Agomera93

On 02/12/2017 at 7:48 AM, Petchy said:

...You'll have to trust me on this one guys honestly, in-game the old version struggled with the whole face texture looking brighter than the rest of the skin colour. This version is more seamless. I'll post in-game pictures later to explain what I mean...

2db7xv5.jpg

Here are the in-game photos that I was trying to explain before. Whilst I used to like the old version in CAW mode, after in-game testing I could tell that the face suffered because of the texture, as well as the skin colour! I think the new one is miles ahead when used in-game, compared to the old one. :)

• Like 6
  • Glorious 1

Petchy hope you have an alt account and make sure your caw is not affected by the logo glitch. Just a heads up. I test all caws I upload now. If yours suffer the logo glitch you have to re-upload the effected logo as a new file with a different name and than click replace. You wont want to upload than have all these issues

• Like 2