Cave Waverider

10 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

It's the dreaded, long-standing Windows bug with font scaling that Microsoft hasn't fixed properly in many, many years and over various iterations of their Windows operating system. Please Check the Data Editor Tutorials linked in the first post as well as the Known Issues post on how to work around it.

Worked, thanks! Just noticed I did everything except the first workaround. First workaround worked.

• Yes! 1

So, I've spent most of the day on this and about to pull out what little hair I have left lol

I've used CCT to install pac files for a Hogan mod. After installing the Pac files, regenerating and setting two attires using the DE, I can't manage to get alternate attires. I also can't seem to find the Pac files in my ch folder after installing them. 

I must be missing something, but I've been at this all day and I've run out of answers. I know this doesn't help provide much information, but not sure what else to say. My kingdom for some help lol Thanks!

2 hours ago, TheRealWorldsChamp said:

So, I've spent most of the day on this and about to pull out what little hair I have left lol

I've used CCT to install pac files for a Hogan mod. After installing the Pac files, regenerating and setting two attires using the DE, I can't manage to get alternate attires. I also can't seem to find the Pac files in my ch folder after installing them. 

I must be missing something, but I've been at this all day and I've run out of answers. I know this doesn't help provide much information, but not sure what else to say. My kingdom for some help lol Thanks!

The files should be located in the appropriate sub-folders in the \mods\ folder. Also, ensure that you click the "Save all data to misc01_start.pac file" button in Data Editor's Attire Unlocker GUI after you are done setting the attires. Keep in mind that .pac files only load on game startup, so you will have to install those as well as use the Attire Unlocker GUI while the game is closed. Moveset and Pofo files need to be installed while the game is running, however, since they are injected into memory.

4 hours ago, TheRealWorldsChamp said:

So, now...after I click "Save all data to misc01_start.pac file" I get a message saying "The file D:\\WWE2K18\Chunk0.def could not be read!"

The file probably doesn't exist there. It seems you have pointed Data Editor to the wrong game path. It should point to the game directory in your Steam Folder. To change that, click on the Tools... tab in Data Editor, then to the lower left under WWE 2k18 Game Tools, click Change WWE 2k18 Game Directory and point it to the proper location of the WWE2K18_x64.exe file in the Steam folder.

6 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

The file probably doesn't exist there. It seems you have pointed Data Editor to the wrong game path. It should point to the game directory in your Steam Folder. To change that, click on the Tools... tab in Data Editor, then to the lower left under WWE 2k18 Game Tools, click Change WWE 2k18 Game Directory and point it to the proper location of the WWE2K18_x64.exe file in the Steam folder.

SUCCESS!! Thanks so much! Can't believe I overlooked something that simple. Appreciate the tool, and all of your help and efforts!

• Yes! 1

hey man i think there is a coding error, when making a pofo with 5'6, it saves. then when i open the pofo, it reads as 5'4'', 

but when i save a pofo with other heights and open it again, it opens to the desired height.

5'6'' encodes as 5'4

• Thanks 1

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2018.03.14: Version 2018.0.5.3.0 Beta
+ Backend: Several Bugfixes and Code optimizations.
+ Backend: Reworked the way the height is calculated and displayed. This should provide more accurate results.
+ .pofo Editor: Increased the selectable range of height between 4'0" and 7'11". Note that some values may not work as expected.
+ General: Added SettingsWrestlerHeight.data which now controls Height values that are selectable in Data Editor.
+ .pofo Editor: Increased the default range of the selectable wrestler height (you can edit SettingsWrestlerHeight.data with a Text Editor to change it) well below and above the limits selectable in the game. Note that some values that aren't selectable in the game may not work properly or have unwanted side effects.
+ Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI: Fixed a bug with the "Got to Last Assigned" Slot button. It should now properly take you to the assigned slot with the highest slot number, even when all slots are filled.
+ Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI: The "Unassign Current Slot" button will now automatically Apply the Attire Unlock Data for the slot after Unassigning it.
+ DataLists: Updated and fixed several Data Lists.

I hope this solves your height issue, @JonasSlasher.

• Like 1

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2018.04.02: Version 2018.0.5.3.1 Beta
+ DataLists: Updated Modded MovesID.data lists courtesy of @squaredcirclefan.
+ DataLists: Updated Modded WrestlerID.data and TitantronID.data with latest Mod names.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problems using Universal attire unlock
UAU creates a new Chunk.0.def file, which seems to disrupt the performance of the game.

The game isn't working at loadingscreen

i using WWE 2K18+

6 hours ago, kkt661 said:

I am having problems using Universal attire unlock
UAU creates a new Chunk.0.def file, which seems to disrupt the performance of the game.

The game isn't working at loadingscreen

i using WWE 2K18+

Please try each of the following steps one after another and see which if any of them individually helps:

First, ensure that your Chunk0.arc file is empty. If not, use Data Editor's Fix WWE 2k18 Startup Crash with Mods button under Tools, Help, Info, Download and Settings' WWE 2k18 Game Tools or Custom Character Tools 2018's 

Second, ensure that Universal Alternate Attire Unlock, more specifically the file misc01_start.pac, is installed in your \WWE 2k18\mods\Universal Alternate Attire Unlock\pac\root\ folder. If it isn't, reinstall the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock.

Third, open your Chunk0.def file and search for misc_01start.pac. There should only be one entry called mods\Universal Alternate Attire Unlock\pac\root\misc01_start.pac to match it. If that isn't the case, WWE 2k18+ likely changed the .def file. To fix that, I suggest using Custom Character Tools 2018's Utilities->Regenerate the Chunk0.def file. You should do this every time after using WWE 2k18+ or adding any mods without installing them via Custom Character Tools 2018.

Fourth, check you Chunk0.def file's other entries, especially ones that may be using special characters not part of the latin alphabet and see if they are named properly (this is the most probable cause of issues). In the meantime, I suggest to not use folder and .pac file names with non-latin, non-standard characters and run CCT's Regenerate Chunk0.def file again and see if that helps.

If any of the above help, please let me know which one.

Hi, I have issues with modding entrances for wrestlers. I bought the season pass, and I wanted to modify Matt Hardy's trons, but it doesn't work at all. With every other superstar I tried it worked, but with Hardy it all remains the same as it was at the beginning. Do you know what could it be?

• 2 weeks later...

Why is Attire Slot always Slot 1 when I enabled Multi Attires for an superstar. Ok my Slots are full assigned. S i have to unable another Superstar to add a new one?

Edited by HBK_1980

On 17.4.2018 at 12:12 PM, Broskinator97 said:

Hi, I have issues with modding entrances for wrestlers. I bought the season pass, and I wanted to modify Matt Hardy's trons, but it doesn't work at all. With every other superstar I tried it worked, but with Hardy it all remains the same as it was at the beginning. Do you know what could it be?

Not sure. Works fine for me. Perhaps it's some sort of save game issue if you didn't have the DLC before. Or you're trying to set a Titantron ID with a Tron that uses the other kind of Titantron format than what you have created for that Tron ID.

15 hours ago, HBK_1980 said:

Why is Attire Slot always Slot 1 when I enabled Multi Attires for an superstar. Ok my Slots are full assigned. S i have to unable another Superstar to add a new one?

You can only have 100 Superstars with alternate attires selectable in the game st any given time. It's a game limitation. If you already have reached that limit and want to give another one selectable alternate attires, you'll have to replace them in their slot. To do so, either select the slot number you wish to replace in the attire unlocker GUI or select the name/ID of the Superstar you wish to replace to get to their slot. Best backup the Attire data to an .attire_names file in case you wish to re-enable alternate attires for that Superstar in the future. Then select the new Superstar you wish to have alternate attires for, set the desired attire names and click apply, then Save.

Update Notes:

2018.05.06: Version 2018.0.5.3.2 Beta
+ Templates: Fixed a typo in the ID of the file name of Big Boss Man '91's .pofo and .moveset Templates, the ID should now be set correctly to 238.
+ DataLists: Updated Modded WrestlerID.data and TitantronID.data with latest Mod names.
+ DataLists: Updated MovesID.data lists so moves with the same name and numeric identifier are sorted numerically instead of alphabetically. This should allow them to be found more easily by users.
+ DataLists: Updated MovesID.data lists with Hidden Moves courtesy of @XfallofparadiseX.
+ DataLists: Updated Modded MovesID.data with moves from @squaredcirclefan's April 2018 Ported Moves Pack.
+ Updater: Updater updated to version 2018.0.1.8.

Thank you for expanding height range to 7'11" but it doesn't work correctly:

7'11" crashes the game,

7'10", 7'8"  are much shorter than 7'4".

Edited by Triadasoul

13 hours ago, Triadasoul said:

Thank you for expanding height range to 7'11" but it doesn't work correctly:

7'11" crashes the game,

7'10", 7'8"  are much shorter than 7'4".

Yeah, the game does recognize all heights from in CAS mode, but in the match they get "normalized" to a default value by the game in regular gameplay if they are outside a certain range. That said, one can still set a wider working range with Data Editor than what's selectable in the game. If I remember correctly, the working range for WWE 2k18 is 4'3" to 7'6" (I could be off a bit, since I can't find my testing notes on it, if you have more accurate values, feel free to refresh my memory). Data Editor displays the full foot range, since I've coded it to be calculated dynamically so it's easy to change via Settings file in case someone figures out how to unlock more ranges or if a new game has wider ranges available and it's easier to maintain and more accurate than the hard-coded values used in previous versions.

I haven't noticed 7'11" crashing the game for me during my testing (although it might also depend on the model you try the height on), but unexpected things can always happen if you set parameters unintended and untested by 2k (and in some cases even tested ones).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

Yeah, the game does recognize all heights from in CAS mode, but in the match they get "normalized" to a default value by the game in regular gameplay if they are outside a certain range. That said, one can still set a wider working range with Data Editor than what's selectable in the game. If I remember correctly, the working range for WWE 2k18 is 4'3" to 7'6" (I could be off a bit, since I can't find my testing notes on it, if you have more accurate values, feel free to refresh my memory). Data Editor displays the full foot range, since I've coded it to be calculated dynamically so it's easy to change via Settings file in case someone figures out how to unlock more ranges or if a new game has wider ranges available and it's easier to maintain and more accurate than the hard-coded values used in previous versions.

I haven't noticed 7'11" crashing the game for me during my testing (although it might also depend on the model you try the height on), but unexpected things can always happen if you set parameters unintended and untested by 2k (and in some cases even tested ones).

Oh, I see..

I used Giant Gonzalez made by LeonRick for 2k16, even sometimes ago tried to hack pofo but couldn't catch the step between inches. Even try three or four times injecting some probable values but still got a crash.

By the way, do you know why not all wrestlers has the attires you set in Universal Attire Unlocker, so for them to work you should reapply them once again (I have about 40 attire slots unlocked)?

Edited by Triadasoul

3 hours ago, Triadasoul said:

By the way, do you know why not all wrestlers has the attires you set in Universal Attire Unlocker, so for them to work you should reapply them once again (I have about 40 attire slots unlocked)?

I'd assume that you used some sort of Chunk0.def rebuilder that doesn't take the \mods\ folder into account after you used the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock GUI or you used the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock GUI while the game is running. Only use it while the game isn't running and only use Custom Character Tools 2018 to Rebuild the Chunk0.def file then it should work without problem.

5 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I'd assume that you used some sort of Chunk0.def rebuilder that doesn't take the \mods\ folder into account after you used the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock GUI or you used the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock GUI while the game is running. Only use it while the game isn't running and only use Custom Character Tools 2018 to Rebuild the Chunk0.def file then it should work without problem.

I use rebuild bat file. But the main mystery is that some of the custom wrestler do have unlocked attires and some don't. For example - it has attires for Mabel/Big Daddy that I added recently and don't have for Yokozuna I added long ago. I reaply Yoko and it works but in a couple of day's it disappears, but Mabel stays.

7 hours ago, Triadasoul said:

I use rebuild bat file. But the main mystery is that some of the custom wrestler do have unlocked attires and some don't. For example - it has attires for Mabel/Big Daddy that I added recently and don't have for Yokozuna I added long ago. I reaply Yoko and it works but in a couple of day's it disappears, but Mabel stays.

Yes, the problem is most likely that .bat file as doesn't rebuild the .def file "smartly", writes duplicate entries into the .def file and thus the game reads the wrong file(s) on occasion, in which case the unlock won't work.

Always use Custom Character Tools 2018 (aka CCT) Utilities->Regenerate Chunk0.def function (use the default "Full" option just in case) after installing any mods and  your problems should go away.
Unlike the old batch scripts (be it standalone, but also used by WWE2k18+ AFAIK) out there, CCT's Regenerate Chunk0.def function is "smart", checks for duplicates and prioritizes files in the \mods\ folder and it's sub-folders which is required for the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock (as well as any mods in the \mods\ folder that override the original game files) to function properly.
You might have to set some of the missing attires in the Attire Unlocker GUI anew after you started only using CCT's regenerate function, but afterwards it should be smooth sailing as long as you always regenerate using CCT after installing any mods.

If you still have problems after that, make sure that the wrestler ID you unlock alternate attires for is the same as the one you use in your .pac, .pofo and .moveset files for this wrestler (the Mod names in Data Editor are tied to the community recommended IDs, but some modders out there use different IDs and thus for example just selecting "Yokozuna" wouldn't work if your Yokozuna mod doesn't use the community recommended Wrestler ID of 741 - you'll have to select the wrestler with the ID you use in the Attire Unlocker GUI instead).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Yes, the problem is most likely that .bat file as doesn't rebuild the .def file "smartly", writes duplicate entries into the .def file and thus the game reads the wrong file(s) on occasion, in which case the unlock won't work.

Always use Custom Character Tools 2018 (aka CCT) Utilities->Regenerate Chunk0.def function (use the default "Full" option just in case) after installing any mods and  your problems should go away.
Unlike the old batch scripts (be it standalone, but also used by WWE2k18+ AFAIK) out there, CCT's Regenerate Chunk0.def function is "smart", checks for duplicates and prioritizes files in the \mods\ folder and it's sub-folders which is required for the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock (as well as any mods in the \mods\ folder that override the original game files) to function properly.
You might have to set some of the missing attires in the Attire Unlocker GUI anew after you started only using CCT's regenerate function, but afterwards it should be smooth sailing as long as you always regenerate using CCT after installing any mods.

If you still have problems after that, make sure that the wrestler ID you unlock alternate attires for is the same as the one you use in your .pac, .pofo and .moveset files for this wrestler (the Mod names in Data Editor are tied to the community recommended IDs, but some modders out there use different IDs and thus for example just selecting "Yokozuna" wouldn't work if your Yokozuna mod doesn't use the community recommended Wrestler ID of 741 - you'll have to select the wrestler with the ID you use in the Attire Unlocker GUI instead).

I caught the problem - it somehow remembers the slot where the Yokozuna was sometime ago and, for example your are trying to set him in slot 48, but it sets the slot to (for example) 12. So somebody on 12 would be removed. (May be it's because of several instance of that window opened on background).

Edited by Triadasoul

Update Notes:

2018.05.11: Version 2018.0.5.3.3 Beta
+ DataLists: Updated Modded WrestlerID.data, TitantronID.data and EntranceAnimationID.data with latest Mod names.
+ DataLists: Updated Modded MovesID.data with moves from @squaredcirclefan's May 11 2018 Ported Moves Pack.

• Like 2

Thanks a bunch for this tool. I'm trying to make the rounds and properly acknowledge the people who make all of these modding possibilities a reality.

I'm sure I'll have some questions in the future but I'm trying my best to figure out as much as I can on my own. I'm stuck on one minor hangup at the moment though: Is it not possible to move ALL characters from the "Downloaded Superstars" sub-menu of the roster selection screen to the main "Superstars" group? I saw that your tool allows users to move the characters from that silly quarantined section of the roster with just a simple click of a single option, and by doing so I was able to migrate something like a dozen characters (Elias, RVD, Cena, Ruby Riot, etc.). But now I can't do this anymore, it's like the function has simply stopped. I can move the characters successfully and see them right there in the main roster (in fact the "Downloaded Superstars" option even becomes greyed out) but when I save the game as normal the changes aren't retained.

The characters I can't move are Beth Phoenix, both Hardys, and both members of the Rock 'N Roll Express. Is there something special about those five characters that prevents me from moving them permanently to the main roster? Or is there perhaps a limit to how many "slots" the main roster can accommodate? I've been replacing roster members (and migrating them from the DLC sub-menu as described) but not adding new ones.