Cave Waverider

5 hours ago, Grappler said:

Thanks a bunch for this tool. I'm trying to make the rounds and properly acknowledge the people who make all of these modding possibilities a reality.

You're most welcome.

5 hours ago, Grappler said:

I'm sure I'll have some questions in the future but I'm trying my best to figure out as much as I can on my own. I'm stuck on one minor hangup at the moment though: Is it not possible to move ALL characters from the "Downloaded Superstars" sub-menu of the roster selection screen to the main "Superstars" group? I saw that your tool allows users to move the characters from that silly quarantined section of the roster with just a simple click of a single option, and by doing so I was able to migrate something like a dozen characters (Elias, RVD, Cena, Ruby Riot, etc.). But now I can't do this anymore, it's like the function has simply stopped. I can move the characters successfully and see them right there in the main roster (in fact the "Downloaded Superstars" option even becomes greyed out) but when I save the game as normal the changes aren't retained.

The characters I can't move are Beth Phoenix, both Hardys, and both members of the Rock 'N Roll Express. Is there something special about those five characters that prevents me from moving them permanently to the main roster? Or is there perhaps a limit to how many "slots" the main roster can accommodate? I've been replacing roster members (and migrating them from the DLC sub-menu as described) but not adding new ones.

They are all part of the Enduring Icons DLC Pack which 2k added some extra "copy protection" (since some people were so "bright" to unlock them early and brag about it by showing youtube videos of it that 2k saw) which causes this along with some other security layers. The only way to remedy this right now (as long as you own the DLC) is to re-inject their .pofo files (or simply change the menu bytes) every time after the save has been loaded. I think that  TheVisitorX' simple mod manager and WWE 2k18+ may be able to do this automatically when you launch the game from them, but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

You're most welcome.

They are all part of the Enduring Icons DLC Pack which 2k added some extra "copy protection" (since some people were so "bright" to unlock them early and brag about it by showing youtube videos of it that 2k saw) which causes this along with some other security layers. The only way to remedy this right now (as long as you own the DLC) is to re-inject their .pofo files (or simply change the menu bytes) every time after the save has been loaded. I think that  TheVisitorX' simple mod manager and WWE 2k18+ may be able to do this automatically when you launch the game from them, but I'm not sure.

Ohhhh, okay. That makes perfect sense. I hadn't realized that Beth Phoenix was part of that pack, I always get the season pass so the DLC stuff just kind of blends together. I'm just glad that it wasn't an error on my part or a limitation with replacing characters or something.

I've been using CCT, Sound Injector, 2k18+ and your Data Editor but I never encountered a Simple Mod Manager yet, I'm going to have to go take a look at that now. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to run in a problem with my Data Editor, this has been a issue for awhile and to solve it I just update to the newest version of Data Editor but currently there isn't a newer version. I click to open the program and get the Data Editor splash screen but then nothing opens. Can idea?

I love this tool! 

I was wondering would it be possible to add a universe section in the editor for  titles, so say I don't want a womens title on my show but want the European title as my 2nd mid card title on Raw is War would that be doable?

Edited by punk-moo

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:52 AM, punk-moo said:

I love this tool! 

I was wondering would it be possible to add a universe section in the editor for  titles, so say I don't want a womens title on my show but want the European title as my 2nd mid card title on Raw is War would that be doable?

Unlikely. Universe saves are loaded into memory dynamically so it would be hard to write a tool to inject or extract these things, but that isn't really what Data Editor does anyhow. Theoretically, if someone figured out the format of such things, extract the files and which bytes are the ones responsible, it might be possible. At this point in the year I won't be adding any new features to the Data Editor, as maintaining and figuring everything out for every game is a huge amount of work already. But we'll see what next year will bring, if anything.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, jakks said:

I seem to run in a problem with my Data Editor, this has been a issue for awhile and to solve it I just update to the newest version of Data Editor but currently there isn't a newer version. I click to open the program and get the Data Editor splash screen but then nothing opens. Can idea?

Odd. Did you perhaps delete some of the essential files of Data Editor or modify them in any way? You could also try setting Windows language to English/USA and see if that helps in case you are using some language that uses special characters for your operating system.

I was wondering if there was a way to edit the team info for universe mode teams. Because it seems that MyWWE teams are separate from the Universe mode teams. I can edit the MyWWE teams but the ones in universe mode don't show up. Is this because we still don't have a way to edit universe mode?

2 hours ago, Alexa Blissed Off said:

I was wondering if there was a way to edit the team info for universe mode teams. Because it seems that MyWWE teams are separate from the Universe mode teams. I can edit the MyWWE teams but the ones in universe mode don't show up. Is this because we still don't have a way to edit universe mode?

As I understand it, Universe mode saves are added to the memory dynamically, which means after every load they are in a different memory area. Thus memory injection tools can't inject them as they don't know where (it would be theoretically possible to add functionality to a memory injection tool to search for it, if there is a unique pattern at the start of each save that doesn't change with each save to find it and it would likely take quite a bit of time and processing power to search for it depending on the search algorithm used).
You can of course create the teams for Universe Mode with Data Editor and manually inject them to the right location with Cheat Engine (to find it, you could change the name of team #1 to something unique and search for that String in memory so you know where the team info starts), but you'll have to look for the data every time you load the save/after every game start if you want to inject it again.
There are unused ones that used to be the fixed universe mode addresses from games older than 2k17 (2k17 introduced multiple universe saves and it all went to heck with that), but 2k18 and 2k17 can't do anything with them because the new way the universe saves are loaded.
Another option might be to edit the save files themselves, but one would have to figure out how to access them, rebuild the hashes of the save without tripping the copy protection that could get your Steam account banned, etc..

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

As I understand it, Universe mode saves are added to the memory dynamically, which means after every load they are in a different memory area. Thus memory injection tools can't inject them as they don't know where (it would be theoretically possible to add functionality to a memory injection tool to search for it, if there is a unique pattern at the start of each save that doesn't change with each save to find it and it would likely take quite a bit of time and processing power to search for it depending on the search algorithm used).
You can of course create the teams for Universe Mode with Data Editor and manually inject them to the right location with Cheat Engine (to find it, you could change the name of team #1 to something unique and search for that String in memory so you know where the team info starts), but you'll have to look for the data every time you load the save/after every game start if you want to inject it again.
There are unused ones that used to be the fixed universe mode addresses from games older than 2k17 (2k17 introduced multiple universe saves and it all went to heck with that), but 2k18 and 2k17 can't do anything with them because the new way the universe saves are loaded.
Another option might be to edit the save files themselves, but one would have to figure out how to access them, rebuild the hashes of the save without tripping the copy protection that could get your Steam account banned, etc..

Wow, sounds really complicated. Is there any way to make hidden entrances like The Miz and Maryse or Enzo Amore, Big Cass, and Carmella to show up in the entrance editor in Universe Mode or just the entrance editor in general? Because if I could do that then I wouldn't have to edit the team info in Universe Mode. I just want to use hidden entrances that aren't available in the entrance editor normally.

21 minutes ago, Alexa Blissed Off said:

Wow, sounds really complicated. Is there any way to make hidden entrances like The Miz and Maryse or Enzo Amore, Big Cass, and Carmella to show up in the entrance editor in Universe Mode or just the entrance editor in general? Because if I could do that then I wouldn't have to edit the team info in Universe Mode. I just want to use hidden entrances that aren't available in the entrance editor normally.

It should be possible, and there are guides on menu entry modding somewhere here on the forums.

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2018.06.11: Version 2018.0.5.3.4 Beta
+ DataLists: Updated Modded WrestlerID.data and TitantronID.data with latest Mod names.

On 6/3/2018 at 3:35 PM, Alexa Blissed Off said:

I'm having the same issue adding NAO & Harlem Heat entrances to my Universe mode now but I cant figure out how to do it

hello im new here on the site and i am in need of help. So i have installed a lot attires but when im using for example an attire except the nº1 the wrestler after a title doesnt do the victory motion with the title. can you guys help me? I tried using this data editor program but i was still unsucefull

Edited by RickStylesPT

Hi, I've a problem with assigning trons and music to Matt Hardy, I put the trons I want in the game, assign them with the tool, but in the game they don't load. Why?

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, RickStylesPT said:

hello im new here on the site and i am in need of help. So i have installed a lot attires but when im using for example an attire except the nº1 the wrestler after a title doesnt do the victory motion with the title. can you guys help me? I tried using this data editor program but i was still unsucefull

Which wrestler is it and which motion did you select? If the trons or the wrestler belong to a DLC, ensure you actually own the DLC, it is ticked in Steam under DLC and the game is up to date. If the motion you use is a modded one, ensure you have that installed properly. You might want to try ticking all the Media Workaround boxes in the .moveset section for the wrestler.

21 hours ago, Broskinator97 said:

Hi, I've a problem with assigning trons and music to Matt Hardy, I put the trons I want in the game, assign them with the tool, but in the game they don't load. Why?

I assume you have ticked all the Media workaround boxes in Data Editor (if not, do so). Do you own and have the Enduring Icons Pack ticked in Steam and have the game updated to the latest version? If the tron IDs belong to a different DLC, ensure that you own that and have it ticked. It could have to do with the DLC copy protection added by 2k that restores certain things in the .pofo/.moveset, although I never had a problem assigning things to Matt.

9 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I assume you have ticked all the Media workaround boxes in Data Editor (if not, do so). Do you own and have the Enduring Icons Pack ticked in Steam and have the game updated to the latest version? If the tron IDs belong to a different DLC, ensure that you own that and have it ticked. It could have to do with the DLC copy protection added by 2k that restores certain things in the .pofo/.moveset, although I never had a problem assigning things to Matt.

Yes, I have all the DLCs and the game up to date, but it seems that everything I try to assign to Matt Hardy doesn't work. It just seems that the game doesn't regognize the new files that I imported, because if I try to assign another wrestler's trons to Matt then in-game they work.

10 minutes ago, Broskinator97 said:

Yes, I have all the DLCs and the game up to date, but it seems that everything I try to assign to Matt Hardy doesn't work. It just seems that the game doesn't regognize the new files that I imported, because if I try to assign another wrestler's trons to Matt then in-game they work.

That's odd. It might be a problem with whichever tool you use to inject the files into the game. Ensure that those tools are updated to the latest version. If that's the case, check with the creators of said tools.

7 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

That's odd. It might be a problem with whichever tool you use to inject the files into the game. Ensure that those tools are updated to the latest version. If that's the case, check with the creators of said tools.

Solved, I wasn't checking the box to force the trons and music for all the slots

• Yes! 1

Hey there @Cave Waverider , I'm new to 2K18 modding (last game I had was 2K16) and I had no troubles unlocking extra attires back then but for 2K18 whenever I open extra attires for a superstar, the ATTIRE 1 text comes out as TRIPLE H or KANE or THE UNDERTAKER, etc. but for ATTIRE 1 only, all other attires (ATTIRE 2 to 10) are named correctly. Can you help me please? Thanks brother!

21 hours ago, BPangilinan said:

Hey there @Cave Waverider , I'm new to 2K18 modding (last game I had was 2K16) and I had no troubles unlocking extra attires back then but for 2K18 whenever I open extra attires for a superstar, the ATTIRE 1 text comes out as TRIPLE H or KANE or THE UNDERTAKER, etc. but for ATTIRE 1 only, all other attires (ATTIRE 2 to 10) are named correctly. Can you help me please? Thanks brother!

To change the name of the attire, you will have to change the hex code for the attire that points to a different String. Please read the Data Editor Tutorials linked in the first post to learn how to do that.

• Thanks 1

Has anybody has an issue where Data Editor loads up fine, but when they click to load in an existing pofo or moveset or tag team data file, it just sits there and doesnt do anything?

Because this happened to me all of a sudden today. I clicked the X and it won't close. I have to keep Ctrl+Alt+Delete-ing and going to the task manager to end the task.

If I resize the window, like if I click on the right edge and drag it to the left and back to the right, that half of the screen that was moved turns black. And then if I try maximizing the window, the entire Data Editor screen turns black.

9 hours ago, xXJHARDYFAN92Xx said:

Has anybody has an issue where Data Editor loads up fine, but when they click to load in an existing pofo or moveset or tag team data file, it just sits there and doesnt do anything?

Because this happened to me all of a sudden today. I clicked the X and it won't close. I have to keep Ctrl+Alt+Delete-ing and going to the task manager to end the task.

If I resize the window, like if I click on the right edge and drag it to the left and back to the right, that half of the screen that was moved turns black. And then if I try maximizing the window, the entire Data Editor screen turns black.

I haven't seen that happen. The black screen does sound like it could have something to do with the display driver or driver settings. That loading doesn't work is rather odd. A user account permission issue, perhaps?

12 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I haven't seen that happen. The black screen does sound like it could have something to do with the display driver or driver settings. That loading doesn't work is rather odd. A user account permission issue, perhaps?

I just don't understand... I just recently got my PC back from the repair place with new hardware put in.

But I tried it again this morning and it works fine now, just loads a little slower.

I am having another problem.

I just installed the port-overs for Stevie Ray and Booker '96 from 2K18+

I re-installed my 2K16 game and went into the pac/evt folder and got their entrance file and their victory file, using the 2K16 Files sheet of course. I edited the entrance file using a hex editor (HxD) and changed all the 761's to 766. I couldn't edit their victory file because in Data Editor, when you select which victory file to use, the number at the end of "Harlem Heat (2k16) [Mod]" is cut off so I wouldn't know what the last number is, unless it stayed at 6718 I think it is. Anyway, so I used the Data Editor to give them their Entrance video that I put into the movies/titantron folder and I gave them Kane's mini, wall, apron, and ramp. I had their theme injected in too and gave it to them. Yet when I test it out, they have NO trons and NO music. But the entrance itself works fine, except for no pyro and the lights are all dark.

What did I do wrong?

Stevie Ray's and Booker's solo entrances work fine.

Edited by xXJHARDYFAN92Xx

2 hours ago, xXJHARDYFAN92Xx said:

I am having another problem.

I just installed the port-overs for Stevie Ray and Booker '96 from 2K18+

I re-installed my 2K16 game and went into the pac/evt folder and got their entrance file and their victory file, using the 2K16 Files sheet of course. I edited the entrance file using a hex editor (HxD) and changed all the 761's to 766. I couldn't edit their victory file because in Data Editor, when you select which victory file to use, the number at the end of "Harlem Heat (2k16) [Mod]" is cut off so I wouldn't know what the last number is, unless it stayed at 6718 I think it is. Anyway, so I used the Data Editor to give them their Entrance video that I put into the movies/titantron folder and I gave them Kane's mini, wall, apron, and ramp. I had their theme injected in too and gave it to them. Yet when I test it out, they have NO trons and NO music. But the entrance itself works fine, except for no pyro and the lights are all dark.

What did I do wrong?

Stevie Ray's and Booker's solo entrances work fine.

If things are cut off, you can always open the appropriate .data file in the Data\DataLists\Modded\ folder with a text editor and go through them.

I'd assume it has to do with the entrance animation file, you'd likely have to mod the IDs for trons, music, etc. in the file (look for guides on the forum, I'm not entirely sure how to do that) as they might be hard-coded into the entrance file. Perhaps you using the same IDs for the animation, trons etc. as the original game you got the entrance from might work as well, it does in some cases.

6 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

If things are cut off, you can always open the appropriate .data file in the Data\DataLists\Modded\ folder with a text editor and go through them.

I'd assume it has to do with the entrance animation file, you'd likely have to mod the IDs for trons, music, etc. in the file (look for guides on the forum, I'm not entirely sure how to do that) as they might be hard-coded into the entrance file. Perhaps you using the same IDs for the animation, trons etc. as the original game you got the entrance from might work as well, it does in some cases.

Ahh. Sounds complicated lol.

I don't know much about modding, just like the basics, like how to install characters and gfx and such. Not really on how to actually mod things.