Playing the SummerSlam Build Tomorrow, Any Questions/Things to Try?

Smacktalks

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:43 AM, SCSA fan said:

excuse me... a 20 Man womens rumble?

now small question. how the heck is he going to find out about a 20 women's rumble when there's not 20 playable women in the demo Hmm?

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:39 PM, mrblacksheep said:

Can you do a Womens' Royal Rumble? (at least a 20 man)

Do they really have Summerslam 2017 Finn Balor In Game?

Are the new match types created within match creator only or are there actual new match types that can be selected?

there aren't 20 playable women in the build so i doubt he'd be able to try that out

yes they do

there's no way to know the answer to this since it's only a demo

It's my yard was at the same event and has posted a video:

Bullet points found at caws.ws are;

You can do a signature or finisher from a carry&drag position if it apply like John's AA  and  you can cancel it out.

He was able to perform the buckle bomb from the carry&drag position, also it doesn't seem like you can do a running buckle bomb on to the barricade position. 

John Cena has the Avalanche AA as a secondfinisher and it has a pin combo

There's a new cool powerbomb animation from the carry&drag position onto the apron 

Sounds like there's a reanimation for tree of woe position (not too sure on this as he had loud background music playing while he was talking)

There's new dives, Seth has a new suicide dive and AJ as well tho he doesn't say if these were omgs or regular running dives

Seth does have his new Kingslayer Knee with a pin combo and it's done from the ground where he picks up the opponent and then does it

Oh I forgot to mention he played on a PS4 pro and the build was the Summerslam build.

Edited by glennsoe
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, glennsoe said:

It's my yard was at the same event and has posted a video:

Bullet points found at caws.ws are;

there's another kingslayer move.so he more likely has 2.one from the ground and 1 from behind.  i'll be sticking with the curb stomp and god's last gift personally

1 hour ago, Jai said:

there's another kingslayer move.so he more likely has 2.one from the ground and 1 from behind.  i'll be sticking with the curb stomp and god's last gift personally

Scroll to about 4:45 it's shows 2 kingslayers. I'm guessing one grounded and one from behind.

Edited by Mizalike

26 minutes ago, Mizalike said:

Scroll to about 4:45 it's shows 2 kingslayers. I'm guessing one grounded and one from behind.

yeah i knew i heard/saw it somewhere just couldn't remember lol

2 minutes ago, Mizalike said:

No problem bro. I can't wait to make kenny omega and give the kingslayer. 

lol like i said i'm sticking with the Bucklebomb/Superkick as sigs and Curb Stomp (ground) and God's Last Gift as finishers

i mean that timschel guy on caws.ws said that he had 2 versions too but i'm still not completely convinced the dude works for 2K. i just can't explain it but it's the way he answers stuff. i think he just gets stuff right all the time lol

Edited by Jai

On 10/09/2017 at 0:51 PM, Jai said:

i guess check out AJ's Forearm, His Styles Clash

Roode's DDT, 

Rollins does he still have the pedigree if he does has it been reanimated the one in 17 was horrendous

Rumble: does the camera show the stage when an entrant comes out?

EC is the quality better than it was in the b-roll footage?

that's really all i can think of. 

and thanks

Forearm looks to be the updated one that was patched in last year.

Roode's DDT is the animation from the Dev vidoe then it goes straight into the Edgecution style DDT.

Theres no stage view in the Rumble at all.

The quality looked exactly like the screenshots, it was better than the b-roll but we were playing on the PS4 Pro.

On 10/09/2017 at 1:10 PM, ichiban Rooster said:

TJ Perkins moveset and taunts  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's got all the new dab animations from last year.

On 10/09/2017 at 1:12 PM, kevan1700 said:

...and entrance

thanks

Entrance looks really cool, but personally I thought the camera was a little close to see the graphics on his trons.

On 10/09/2017 at 1:28 PM, Gift Of Jericho said:

Are you allowed to record anything ?

Please test the submission system. Thank you.

We weren't allowed to record.

Submission are the same as last year.

On 10/09/2017 at 2:14 PM, NickBreaker said:

if you can ask questions I'd love to know if they've changed the format for deleting downloaded logos when you hit the limit. It would be great to be able to 'sort' them by 'not used' etc.

Also you could ask if we can share created trons on CC. That would be an absolute game-changer!

HAVE FUN!

We didn't have access to any of this :(

On 10/09/2017 at 2:37 PM, WallsOfJericurl said:

Can you go into sliders and what not? Settings?

Nope, there were no options for that in this build as it was just a demo.

On 10/09/2017 at 3:36 PM, LesnartheBeast said:

Eric Young and TJP entrance

Both look really good, Young's is very similar to the Sanity entrance they released.

On 10/09/2017 at 3:49 PM, EZY said:

just the basics for me and that's your thoughts on the new pinning and submission system. 

Unless you give them already.

I thought the pinning as pretty much the same but its harder to kickout form the first finisher this time around as the bar is smaller following the first finisher.

On 10/09/2017 at 4:43 PM, Y2Joe said:

Check if TJP can dab as a taunt :lol

He can :D

On 10/09/2017 at 7:55 PM, ReLL7thirty said:

For gameplay, do wrestlers still face the wrong direction at times? Do they still stand around with their hands by their waists after performing a slam/move? Does running look different for heavyweights and cruiserweights? Do wrestlers who are on their backs still do that weird thing where their heads drop below their throats for about 5 seconds, then levels out again? It's like their heads sink into the matt after a finisher 

Enjoy the event ST! 

Creation things weren't available but the gameplay in general is a lot better. The selling has been updated and works a lot more realistic with people pulling themselves into the corner, under the bottom rope and onto the apron, etc. As for running I didn't take much notice but I'd say it was the same for all.

On 10/09/2017 at 10:01 PM, Mizalike said:

I'm interested in the 8 man tag, maybe ask about create a superstar if you can edit a in game superstar like add and remove a beard and change a superstars hair this would be great maybe it will never happen but never say never eh. 

None of this was in the demo and unfortunately there were no devs to take questions.

On 10/09/2017 at 10:58 PM, Tornado_X said:

Can you check to see if we can get into the crowd in small arenas like NXT or big arenas like Royal Rumble?

I didn't have access to the NXT arena and the Rumble arena only worked for the Rumble match so I couldn't test this.

On 10/09/2017 at 11:32 PM, Cave Waverider said:

While you can't play it, would you please be so kind and could ask if Tag Team Ladder/Tag Team TLC matches will finally be in the game again (at least 2 vs. 2, although 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 and 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 would be even nicer).

I'll find out ore about this next time as there were no devs at this event to take questions.

On 11/09/2017 at 0:39 AM, mrblacksheep said:

Can you do a Womens' Royal Rumble? (at least a 20 man)

Do they really have Summerslam 2017 Finn Balor In Game?

Are the new match types created within match creator only or are there actual new match types that can be selected?

Again, none of these options were in the demo, it was only the people and matches I mentioned in the first post.

On 11/09/2017 at 2:06 PM, LetterPro said:

I just want to hear an update on the framerate lag issues with rumbles and Elimination Chamber matches. 

I didn't experience any issues at all with this build as it was running on the PS4 Pro. Like I mentioned in my preview video the framerate issues seemed to be down to the devkit's that were being used at the SummerSlam event.

6 minutes ago, DrJoeyMagnumRyan said:

Defo late with this question but is there still a upload tier with creations? (eg you need x amount of downloads to upload another 5 caws)

Nobody knows at present but i'd imagine it'll still be the same.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 1

1 hour ago, Smacktalks said:

Forearm looks to be the updated one that was patched in last year.

Roode's DDT is the animation from the Dev vidoe then it goes straight into the Edgecution style DDT.

Theres no stage view in the Rumble at all.

The quality looked exactly like the screenshots, it was better than the b-roll but we were playing on the PS4 Pro.

thanks for the response bro. i didn't even know there was a forearm patched in last year lol

sucks there still isn't a stage view. maybe next year.

everything else sounds cool

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jai said:

thanks for the response bro. i didn't even know there was a forearm patched in last year lol

sucks there still isn't a stage view. maybe next year.

everything else sounds cool

Yeah phenomal forearm was added in after release without any notification. Looks better and is more accurate than the default one. 

I hope he takes off his elbow pad like the people's elbow when he performs the phenomenal forearm. 

Thanks Paul for the notes and info! So excited 

• Like 1

Actually I did wonder how they would handle the cruiserweight title this year? Can you make titles weight specific this year? Unless I missed the option in previous installments. 

Edited by EZY
Edit

23 minutes ago, EZY said:

Actually I did wonder how they would handle the cruiserweight title this year? Can you make titles weight specific this year? Unless I missed the option in previous installments. 

Yeah the option is in previous installments also

• Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, ReLL7thirty said:

Yeah phenomal forearm was added in after release without any notification. Looks better and is more accurate than the default one. 

I hope he takes off his elbow pad like the people's elbow when he performs the phenomenal forearm. 

Thanks Paul for the notes and info! So excited 

IDK i hardly did the Forearm after they messed up the finisher commentary . it made it boring when instead of saying "Styles! Phenomenal Forearm!" says "I think he's through playing around!"

so i usually just go for a gut kick and hit the styles clash lol

25 minutes ago, LetterPro said:

AJ Styles 89
Baron Corbin 86
Bobby Roode 88
Eric Young 83
John Cena 93
Neville 84
Randy Orton 90
Samoa Joe 91
Seth Rollins 92
TJP 77

Hm. I do not understand their metrics for deciding this shit. At all.

because cruiserweights are done totally different.

for example. take big show's strength all the way down to 30 he ends up with around a 79 overall

so having their strength low makes their overall lower. personally i don't see the issue when you can just change it

8 minutes ago, Jai said:

IDK i hardly did the Forearm after they messed up the finisher commentary . it made it boring when instead of saying "Styles! Phenomenal Forearm!" says "I think he's through playing around!"

so i usually just go for a gut kick and hit the styles clash lol

because cruiserweights are done totally different.

for example. take big show's strength all the way down to 30 he ends up with around a 79 overall

so having their strength low makes their overall lower. personally i don't see the issue when you can just change it

Yeah, I just don't get how the difference between Baron Corbin and AJ Styles is the same as the difference between Seth Rollins and AJ Styles. Do you get 3 extra points just for being on Raw? 

10 minutes ago, LetterPro said:

Yeah, I just don't get how the difference between Baron Corbin and AJ Styles is the same as the difference between Seth Rollins and AJ Styles. Do you get 3 extra points just for being on Raw? 

no it's not that. it's just that baron's strenght is probably highter than aj's

The overall value isn't really what one should be looking at anyhow. Raising "relatively useless" compared to "more useful" stats will make the same difference in overall value, even though it possibly won't be indicative how effective they will be in a match. 

6 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

The overall value isn't really what one should be looking at anyhow. Raising "relatively useless" compared to "more useful" stats will make the same difference in overall value, even though it possibly won't be indicative how effective they will be in a match. 

yeah that was my point. they are still effective in matches. i've played enough matches in and out of universe to know they are effective but overalls really don't mean much these days