X-Packer and X-Rey - basic questions from a beginner

J N

Helloo!

So I've got the basics of texture modding down, kinda sorta. What I really want to do is change the hair on certain models (Diesel, Shawn Michaels, Y2J for ex).

Can I do this in X-Packer by injecting the hair from another model? OR would I need to purchase X-Rey in order to do any object mods?

Similarly, I would like to change the attire that a wrestler is wearing - For example, changing a wrestler's tights to a singlet. Could I accomplish this by simply injecting in X-Packer or would I need X-Rey to do this as well?

I think I'll buy X-Rey anyways, but I just wanted to know if the things I wanted to do were possible with X-Packer? (ie. 1) changing hair 2) changing attire)

Thanks so much!

In the tutorials section you will find the answers to all your questions. As for the free replacement of the X-ray, yesterday I would say that there is no such program, but more recently I came across the exact free analogue of X-ray, created by Auday Elyafe and Bannockburn . It performs the most basic functions of X-ray. I do not know if it's possible to leave direct links, so I'll leave a post from Auday Elyafe about this program, and you'll find it yourself

Edited by AmericanONE

2 hours ago, AmericanONE said:

In the tutorials section you will find the answers to all your questions. As for the free replacement of the X-ray, yesterday I would say that there is no such program, but more recently I came across the exact free analogue of X-ray, created by Auday Elyafe and Bannockburn . It performs the most basic functions of X-ray. I do not know if it's possible to leave direct links, so I'll leave a post from Auday Elyafe about this program, and you'll find it yourself

That would be @Bannockburn's reShape app that is alternative to X-Rey.  It is still in development.  It looks good but I'm not sure if it has everything X-Rey has at this time.