Gameplay video's !!

glennsoe

Really not impressed.... same choppy animations, same gameplay..., same camera angles.... same physic.... same hair.... and same bad lighting during the match (except for cut scenes.... ). Why can't they just keep the cutscene look for all the game..?

And don't tell me it's am 'early build'... at 6 weeks from release it's far beyond an early build. The last weeks of a project are fort stabilisation and debug. The art, animations and mechanics are closed at that point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nsieniski said:

Really not impressed.... same choppy animations, same gameplay..., same camera angles.... same physic.... same hair.... and same bad lighting during the match (except for cut scenes.... ). Why can't they just keep the cutscene look for all the game..?

And don't tell me it's am 'early build'... at 6 weeks from release it's far beyond an early build. The last weeks of a project are fort stabilisation and debug. The art, animations and mechanics are closed at that point.

Rollins looks like a CAW with very bad textures.

what the helll....why is skin so bright,the lighting is too heavy.look like they played the game in a 90's colour tv...what is the graphics.the only best thing is that ai reactions it's great...but very bad quality textures...even 2k15 is good than 2k18...but really appreciate their hard work on developing AI,reactions after  been hitted,arenas's.but i was waiting for this feature which is not present.the random entries in elimination chamber..they still go boring like-1 pod 1,2 pod 2 entries all this is bullshit....aj styles look's awesome,rollin's look average,orton is awesome among all wrestler's.....

Rating -graphics are like too bright quality and uncomfortable-5/10

gameplay-9/10 good reaction's-new carrying system,new arena's...etc

overall game - good not average not best 

thank you

1 hour ago, ShovonAhmed said:

Major discoveries.if you clearley observe 2k18 gameplay they added new glitches in the game with new features.......

20934017_1152089884890475_33520937688559

this move never glitched in 2k15-2k16-2k17 series.but we can see in 2k18 a new glitch in an old move.....

thank you

• Like 2

very dissappointed with the in match lighting. makes it look like a weird mod of 2k17 or somethin. Just look how cool the models look while inside the pods of the elimination chamber. Surely there's some sort of middle ground. They really stand out from the environment in the matches in a really odd way. I know the tv matches in WWE are all brightly lit for filming purposes but I would imagine if the games were a bit more creative with how they were lit, they could show off the models to much better effect. Seth looks horrible in that Chamber entrance vid. Some nice new animations though, and the using the ropes to get up off the mat looks better than last year. 

Commentary.... Rubbish.... they need to get rid of it altogether

Edited by seanironmaiden

2 hours ago, nsieniski said:

It's essentially a 'preview' build just so they can get feedback etc. I wouldn't expect too much to change, but i'm sure they'll sort out any clipping issues with grapple moves.

As for commentary, i'll be turning that off cause I can't stand Michael Coles voice... and it sucks in general

• Like 1

So i like everything i've seen and heard. the commentary doesn't bother me. plus it's still a work in progress.
but my gripe is some of the people complaining. i mean i'm not going to mention any names, but We get all this great info, gameplay, reveal etc stuff people have been complaining about and people are mad cause they haven't name dropped anymore legends? LOL
look i'm all about legends and all but that should be the last thing someone should be expecting from this event.  That's what the reveal is for. Not this event.  And I'll go and say it now, I really think that EC lighting issue will be addressed.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was an early beta. I'm guessing the Insomniac61 build might be a bit more advanced just like how the gamescom builds normally are more advanced than the summerslam builds.
Well i've said my piece lol

4 hours ago, seanironmaiden said:

very dissappointed with the in match lighting. makes it look like a weird mod of 2k17 or somethin. Just look how cool the models look while inside the pods of the elimination chamber. Surely there's some sort of middle ground. They really stand out from the environment in the matches in a really odd way. I know the tv matches in WWE are all brightly lit for filming purposes but I would imagine if the games were a bit more creative with how they were lit, they could show off the models to much better effect. Seth looks horrible in that Chamber entrance vid. Some nice new animations though, and the using the ropes to get up off the mat looks better than last year. 

Commentary.... Rubbish.... they need to get rid of it altogether

calm down. it's a demo for a reason. 2k17 wasn't that bad the only thing that made that commentary bad was the patch that removed finisher specific commentary.  wait to a more closer build of the game before criticizing.

also i have a feeling that EC issue will be addressed. I wouldn't be surprised if 2K was already aware of it.

5 hours ago, Abdul Rock Empire said:

Major discoveries.if you clearley observe 2k18 gameplay they added new glitches in the game with new features.......

this move never glitched in 2k15-2k16-2k17 series.but we can see in 2k18 a new glitch in an old move.....

thank you

it wasn't a glitch it was a major reversal.

jeeze everyone wanting a game to be 100% glitch free. if you're looking for that it ain't happenin

5 hours ago, IamCrazyPT said:

Not impressed at all. Is it just me or are the face textures looking kinda weird?

it's just you

Maybe watch on an HDTV and not a phone

6 hours ago, nsieniski said:

it's not 6 weeks from release LOL

6 weeks from release would be the end of september

and the gameplay doesn't need to be changed.

the only bad lighting was during the EC match so if you saw bad lighting anywhere else you need to get some bifocals

6 hours ago, Steenalizer said:

Looks like they've reused some of Cole's old commentary lines, although he tends to do that himself anyways.

i'm not really going to complain about the commentary especially when people keep trying to request it be removed.  We went thru that in HCTP i'd rather not deal with that again.

I'd rather deal with lackluster commentary than no commentary at all. or it could be worse.. remember WCW Nitro the Game's commentary? it was 50X worse than what we have now lol

Edited by Jai
  • Like 2

I don't really care about the commentary either, therefore I never had any hope for it.

It's probably too late but I hope next time they will have the OMG Suicide dives triggered by having the opponent outside and our wrestler inside the ring.

What a load of crap, you cannot defend this stuff, and if you do, you're part of the problem.

Let's record new commentary, with the same lines we've had since 07 and in the same, monotone voices as always. NBA doesn't have lazy commentary, why?

Graphics look worse than 17, the ref has different lighting to the wrestlers, more clipping issues than ever.

Really unhappy about these videos, and you wonder why they leave it so late to promote these games? I'm not wasting my money this year, been bitten too many times. Just hope Fire pro is out soon on the ps4.

And people saying "just turn off the commentary"...That's fine, but that also effects ring announcers other voice sound effects. Lazy development.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bluemonkeymagic said:

What a load of crap, you cannot defend this stuff, and if you do, you're part of the problem.

Let's record new commentary, with the same lines we've had since 07 and in the same, monotone voices as always. NBA doesn't have lazy commentary, why?

Graphics look worse than 17, the ref has different lighting to the wrestlers, more clipping issues than ever.

Really unhappy about these videos, and you wonder why they leave it so late to promote these games? I'm not wasting my money this year, been bitten too many times. Just hope Fire pro is out soon on the ps4.

And people saying "just turn off the commentary"...That's fine, but that also effects ring announcers other voice sound effects. Lazy development.

Sigh... always someone that has to find any and everything to complain about. And i'm trying to say this the nicest way possible.

It seems to me it's apparent you're complaining over minuscule stuff.

How about waiting for a better build cause ya know it's not like this build was made over night just for the sake of letting people see the gameplay. the gameplay is at best 1-2 months old.

You're throwing a hissy fit over nothing. Good grief and if you think they graphics look worse than 17 you need bifocals.

I have no love lost from 2K in fact alot of things they do I do question, but all this complaining is just ridiculous. do you really want another 5 million moves removed? or audio removed? or for the sake of your last complaint, submissions removed? cause keep complaining about this stuff and that's what's going to happen.

You're complaining about the commentary fine. but the fact of the matter is this is not the NBA 2K series. yes they keep touting about how great their commentary improvements are but to be fairly honest up till patch 1.03 when someone started bitching about the club beep sound which had been going on since release by the way, we lost commentary on finishers altogether and that never got fixed properly.

Moral of the story watch what you complain about.

the lighting issues will be fixed. it's called a beta for a damn reason.

Oh yeah and one more thing to note: it's amazing how you only show up around the time that the game is being marketed but disappear about a month after release

:LOL:

Good day

2 hours ago, GreenArcher said:

Looks like the commentary is still broken.. finisher name still not announced.. i hope it is not the case in the final build.

KEY WORD.. BETA

and they did announce the finisher. they announced the RKO, cole was just cut off. yes he didn't call the finisher for the standing RKO but it was like that before everything got messed up in 17 as well. it was hit and miss. i wouldn't be surprised if this beta was made almost 3 or 4 months ago and they made the demo about a month ago. this gameplay is definitely old footage cause smacktalks and delzinski both had the same exact video.

Edited by Jai
  • Like 1

Jai, funny how you're a dickhead the whole year round. Me disappearing after release is symbolic of how poor these games have become.

Fool yourself all you like about betas, 2k17 was shite before the patches, was that a beta? You've done enough moaning about 2k17 on Twitter, not sure why you've got this blind optimism.

Anyway, haven't you quit these forums about 10,000 times?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluemonkeymagic said:

Jai, funny how you're a dickhead the whole year round. Me disappearing after release is symbolic of how poor these games have become.

Fool yourself all you like about betas, 2k17 was shite before the patches, was that a beta? You've done enough moaning about 2k17 on Twitter, not sure why you've got this blind optimism.

Anyway, haven't you quit these forums about 10,000 times?

" 2k17 was shite before the patches, was that a beta?"

No it was a released game that was riddled with bugs whereas this test is a beta version of the game... they have plenty of time to sort whatever out, but thinking what's in those videos is the final game is quite delusional

47 minutes ago, SuperBad said:

To those who are worried about the graphics

8hOMyDZ.jpg

This was also backed by MrBigShowOff

Can't see what you're referencing?

But yeah need to see what the Creation side is saying this year otherwise I might just leave it till Christmas sales.

44 minutes ago, WallsOfJericurl said:

Can't see what you're referencing?

But yeah need to see what the Creation side is saying this year otherwise I might just leave it till Christmas sales.

"Whatever happened in the #WWE2K18 gameplay to make the colors look washed was NOT how it looked when we played. It looked fantastic to me."

• Thanks 1

Yeah. I saw most of the Youtubers that played at the event tweet the same thing where the colors were not washed and looked great. Glad to hear that of course even though it didn't bother me horribly as I was still loving the footage and all the new things like the selling, the carry system and new Chamber.