First Mods - Bam Bam Bigelow 94, Bret Hart 90s attires + WM8 added

J N

Hey, so I decided to try modding. Thanks to some help from many of the friendly members of Smacktalks, I was able to complete my first few texture mods. Special thanks to @GameElite™@AmericanONE@Abdul Rock Empire for their tremendous assistance.

Bret Hart (Wrestlemania 8):

WM8.png

(With entrance attire+Alphas, normals edited!)

Download here: http://zipansion.com/EPNf

Bam Bam Bigelow (1993-94)

bambam.png 

Download here: http://zipansion.com/EPPM

Added rare 1991 attire (vs. IRS):

IRS.png

Download here: http://zipansion.com/EPQW

Bret Hart 1990s WWF attire pack:

brets.png

Attires are as follows:

1. Default (not pictured)
  2. Wrestlemania 9
  3. King of the Ring 1993
  4. Summerslam 1993
  5. Royal Rumble 1994
  6. Wrestlemania 10
  7. Summerslam 1994
  8. Royal Rumble 1995
  9. Survivor Series 1995
  10. Wrestlemania 12

(Note: Entrance attires coming soon)

Download here: http://zipansion.com/EPSN

Going to keep trying and learning with hope that I can produce some quality mods going forward. Thanks for looking! :)

Edited by Just Not
  • Like 8
  • Too Sweet 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Woo 1

Looks good.  I'd give the beard a little more of a feathered cut instead of the straight razor cut look.  Also not sure if you edited the normal and alphas.  I'd take a look at maybe Curtis Axel's head_n.dds and mimic the normal layer beard and do the same for the alpha layer (darkness level of the beard).  It will look a lot better.  Great start!

• Like 1

@AznBlusuazn@FinaleStar Thanks for the advice! I didn't edit normals or alphas, nor am I entirely sure what they are. I know alpha's are like the embossing type layer... How would I go about editing it? I can barely make-out what I'm looking at. OR is it possible to create a new alphas.dds file with my edited Head texture? Just like adjusting the brightness, I guess?

5 minutes ago, Just Not said:

@AznBlusuazn@FinaleStar Thanks for the advice! I didn't edit normals or alphas, nor am I entirely sure what they are. I know alpha's are like the embossing type layer... How would I go about editing it? I can barely make-out what I'm looking at. OR is it possible to create a new alphas.dds file with my edited Head texture? Just like adjusting the brightness, I guess?

With the alpha(the alpha is a channel in the xx_n files which are the normals files) I'd suggest using the base alpha and put anything you want on there.So in your case the beard if you used Photoshop you may want the psd file or if you don't just select the beard in the dds file this next thing is something you're going to want to remember for future mods

Black = No shine
Gray/Grey =Small amount of shine
White = Shiny

So when you've selected the beard make it black and white/desaturate it in PS then edit the curves/levels and make it black but not pitch black.This should make the beard in game not shiny

For normals now you'll want the NVIDIA Normals Plugin for your editing software (You may want to use PS for your mods but GIMP and stuff works too).This should help with normals and alphas (if you didn't understand the previous explanation)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rj10018576 said:

Looking nice, good start. Bret's early singles run attires are often overlooked as most modders gravitate towards both of his Hart Foundation runs.

I'd love to see you tackle the Many Owen Hart Rocket and King of Harts attires that havent been already done. Most modders only do RR94, WMX, KOTR94, SS94, & SS97. They skip his Early 94 heel attires, and everything from 95-97 thats not that one hart foundation 97 attire.

Thanks! Yea so true about the Bret attires. The Bret of 1994 is my fav wrestler ever so I gotta pay my respects! haha.

As for Owen, I'm not at the stage where I can create a mod from scratch, but perhaps one day. I've got a version uploaded to CC though lol.

9 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Bret is looking good.  Are you using something like blender to preview?  Or PS CC 3D?

Thanks! No, I'm just editing in photoshop then saving and firing up 2K to see if it worked. Should I be previewing it?

Bret Hart 10-attire pack released :)

18 hours ago, rj10018576 said:

Bret Hart attire Requests

Vs IRS 

Summerslam 91

Wreatlemania 8

Summerslam 92

Survivor Series 97

I will try to include all of these in the next go around. Summerslam 1992 and 93 are very similar, as are WM8 and WM9 (different shades of pink, basically) and I think the Survivor Series 97 attire is default. That rare IRS attire though! That's the first one I'll do.

• Too Sweet 1

It's pretty annoying that every time a new modder appears people bombard them with request.  People, there is a request thread for request. Put them there. 

• Like 3
  • Bliss 1

12 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

It's pretty annoying that every time a new modder appears people bombard them with request.  People, there is a request thread for request. Put them there. 

To be fair, I did solicit the requests for other attires in the first post :wacko:, but I agree with your larger point.

Edit: Oh wait, it seems I took that bit out. Either way, I don't mind :)

Edited by Just Not
  • Thanks 1