New info from IGN article !

glennsoe

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/08/17/wwe-2k18-hands-on-6-changes-that-create-a-more-realistic-match?abthid=5994c79924c0b46e4300001d

Bobby Roode confirmed

I like the sound of this:

Depending on the size and strength of your superstar, and your opponent (naturally), you can lift your foe and hold them up (in four different positions - Powerbomb, Fireman's, etc) and carry them to an interactive landing spot (ring steps, corner buckles, outside ringpost, etc) and - WHAMMO! So, for example, Kevin Owens' powerbomb on the ring apron and Seth Rollins' "Buckle Bomb" are now part of the new list of inventive offensive maneuvers for other superstars. This new Grapple/Carry system also lends more realism to Big Man/Little Man matches.

Quick recap, found at the official forum;

The AI will work to make use of the environment in the Elimination Chamber in order to free up room for spots in the ring

- There are now 12 new match interference scenarios, ranging from run-ins, to walk-ins, to music playing. These will open up a window for your opponent to score a fluke win. You can then beat them down afterwards.

- Selling has been addressed, with up to 80 new animations added, and fatigue effecting the intensity of the sell

- The pin system has been tweaked, with the kick out window harder to predict, and the strength of moves impacting the speed of the count

- There will be interactive spots for the new carrying system to slam/throw our opponents onto such as the steel steps, the ringposts, the barricades and the turnbuckles

- Lighting is put over. Nothing really new there.

Edited by glennsoe
  • Too Sweet 2

Love how everything sounds! Thank you for the recap. Better than I could do lol. The carry system reminds me of the old interactive grappling moves that the later SVR games had but sounds better and goes with weight detection which is nice. Nice on the selling and the interference scenarios and the possibility for losers to actually break out and attack.

Major thing for me is I hope the speed of the pin counts and ref falling to count are at a more realistic speed. That was my big gripe in 16 and 17.

Oh crap, they didn't say shit about the submission system :( It worked so well in 2K16 but it was a clusterfuck in 2K17, and the button-mashing system doesn't really work either.

Do something 2K !!!

All sounds good. I was disappointed that some object interaction was removed in 17, such as people landing on the steps or going through the announce table with directional moves.

The new selling makes for more 'bump & feed' style action, which is nice for having different pace throughout the match. 

The run ins and distraction pins are a nice touch, and will hopefully make universe mode more interesting with your rival list etc.

All in all this game is shaping up nicely. There's bound to be some negatives come out at some point, but everything so far has been pleasantly surprising and you can tell 2k have listened to feedback and are really making an effort.

Let's hope CAW mode and moves are not a let down. Hopefully they've added most top NJPW & ROH moves and hairstyles.

The process in which you delete unwanted logos needs to fixed to filter ones that are listed as being assigned to 'none'. That was a heavy ball ache in 17.

Gonna get my pre order in asap.

• Too Sweet 1

6 minutes ago, NickBreaker said:

All sounds good. I was disappointed that some object interaction was removed in 17, such as people landing on the steps or going through the announce table with directional moves.

The new selling makes for more 'bump & feed' style action, which is nice for having different pace throughout the match. 

The run ins and distraction pins are a nice touch, and will hopefully make universe mode more interesting with your rival list etc.

All in all this game is shaping up nicely. There's bound to be some negatives come out at some point, but everything so far has been pleasantly surprising and you can tell 2k have listened to feedback and are really making an effort.

Let's hope CAW mode and moves are not a let down. Hopefully they've added most top NJPW & ROH moves and hairstyles.

The process in which you delete unwanted logos needs to fixed to filter ones that are listed as being assigned to 'none'. That was a heavy ball ache in 17.

I'm the exact same lol. Been holding out to see more info and after what we've seen up to today with the gameplay additions, I'm def ready to pre-order.

35 minutes ago, Penguin said:

I found the submissions in 2K17 easy and kinda fun..

The "ring system" (or whatever it is) is so weird in 2K17, the opponent spins it like a crazy motherfucker !!! I loved it in 2K16 though.

45 minutes ago, NickBreaker said:

What do you mean "bump and feed"?

Sounds interesting

13 hours ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

Might be bumping from one move into another. 

'Bump & Feed' is when you bump after a move, but get up quickly to feed into a new move. Happens a lot for hot tags and the 'comeback moves' in the game.