Jakey's Entrance Animation/Entrance Edits Mousehole - Still busy chipping away... meanwhile, Rock winning animation preview.

jakeypearce

This is just a thread for me to post my entrance findings and mods. Here's the first one!

Motion (place in pac\evt)

Lights (place in pac\evt\effect)

CM Punk lighting added from 2K15 (replaces 00201/Santino Marella/Milan Miracle). 

Entrance Lights (place in pac\evt\effect)

el00201.pac (Guessing they're related to CAE? Place in pac\evt\light)

Entrance animation (place in pac\evt)

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 4
  • What? 1

11 hours ago, ahunter8056 said:

Nice, I like it.

7 hours ago, Ankitgamerz zone said:

I like it. Like to see more

Thanks guys. I'll add a download link soon.

6 hours ago, rj10018576 said:

Very interesting. Are you using motionbuilder?

Nope, just using the ingame assets; no external program was used.

5 hours ago, Aŕch Jŕ said:

Can you fix Braun strowman Entrance too ?

Remember, I can only fix what can be edited with the use of a hex editor, meaning I can only fix things like lighting, not the animation itself.

With that said, I will present you guys something shortly. Expect it to be added here! 

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 2

• jakeypearce changed the title to Jakey's Entrance Animation/Entrance Edits Mousehole - Ultimate Warrior lighting released (SEE FIRST POST)

Ultimate Warrior motion and lights released in the first post. :)

I've been looking at the title entrances, and from what I can tell, it's not caused by a single file. It's not caused by the belt OBJ (I replaced one from 2K17 with one from 2K15). It looks to be caused by, either, the motion file itself (0000) or more than one of the files. I'll do some batch videos shortly to demonstrate the issue.

Interestingly, I replaced the 0000/000A from Punk's winning animation with Rock's from 2K17 and he has a similar issue as well...

Edited by jakeypearce

• jakeypearce changed the title to Jakey's Entrance Animation/Entrance Edits Mousehole - Hey now, I didn't say this was limited to entrances...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been revisiting entrance animations again this week and I believe I have discovered something that (hopefully) cracks the PS3/360 entrances to PC. Here are my quick and very rough notes that I have found.

PC Entrance Body Parts start with array.

Array is 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 FF 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 FF XX XX 00 00

XX XX = two bytes that I haven't figured out yet. They are different on each motion. For example, here is The Rock '01's:
00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 FF 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 FF 03 35 00 00.

Here is his winning animation.
00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 FF 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 FF 07 FC 00 00.

Here is The Rock's 2K15 motion.
00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 FF 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 FF 04 42 00 00.

I've found similar looking bytes on PS3/360 motions. For example, here's The Rock's '98 - '99 byte array.
00 FF 00 FF 01 00 00 00 00 FF 00 FF 00 FF 02 5C.

As you can see, the bytes are much smaller, likely due to smaller bones needed for each model.

Immediately following the array are the bytes that determine each body part.

Here are each offsets for The Rock '01 and what part it affects.
0x4820 - 0x8688. Affects the head.
0x868C - 0xAB85. Affects the left hand.
0xAB94 - 0xB13C. Unknown (haven't tested).

I've not tested the third offset yet, as I want this to be a "community based" research, rather than all be done by me.

• Too Sweet 2

• jakeypearce changed the title to Jakey's Entrance Animation/Entrance Edits Mousehole - (Potentially) Major discovery with WWE 2K14 entrances
5 hours ago, jakeypearce said:

Thank you for your kind words, and you're right! It is a big deal. Just a shame that people can't help due to time constraints, life issues, etc.

I saw what you did with The Rock's anim file from older games ported to 2k17.  Imagine if all legacy games since WWE 12's anims are ported, it would be a delight for perfectionists/

15 hours ago, jakeypearce said:

Thank you for your kind words, and you're right! It is a big deal. Just a shame that people can't help due to time constraints, life issues, etc.

Dude if I knew hex editing better I'd be on this with you till it was cracked. 

21 hours ago, inversion said:

I saw what you did with The Rock's anim file from older games ported to 2k17.  Imagine if all legacy games since WWE 12's anims are ported, it would be a delight for perfectionists/

I never ported the entrance motion, only the ropes.

12 hours ago, rj10018576 said:

Dude if I knew hex editing better I'd be on this with you till it was cracked. 

Literally all I'm doing is just replacing bytes.

Been busy and found a couple of interesting discoveries.

Firstly, it looks like I have found the array for the last gen entrances. It is 

FF 00 FF 00 FF

Secondly, the order of what each array does appears to be identical. As an example, a PC entrance works like this:

(Array)     Head     (Array)     Neck     (Array)     Left Shoulder     (Array)     Left Arm     (Array)

Last gen works like this:

(Array)     Head     (Array)     Neck     (Facial animations?)     (Array)     Left Shoulder     (Array)     Left Arm     (Array)

Just because the array orders are the same, doesn't mean it causes issues in the model movement/motion. It's caused by there being completely different bytes in each body part. Allow me to demonstrate with some screenshots of HxD featuring Undertaker's entrance from WWE '13 and WWE 2K17 (PC).

8ebI17.jpg<== WWE '13

L2AZse.jpg<== WWE 2K17

As you can see, while both motions are identical ingame, they have completely different bytes... That's the issue. I'm trying to find out what they converted from the last gen code to the PC format. Once that's figured out, then we can port the older entrances over. Facial animations are a different matter, but I want to focus on getting the motion to work.

It'd be better if we can get it working in a program like MotionBuilder. @pozzum, any ideas/suggestions?

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

• jakeypearce changed the title to Jakey's Entrance Animation/Entrance Edits Mousehole - Still busy chipping away
Just now, ashepherd316 said:

What about wwe 13 entrance animations would be good to have the wrestlers from the attitude eras entrance animations on wwe17 

...That's the whole point of this thread. WWE '13 entrances are identical in format to "2K14" entrances. I'm trying to port The Rock's WWE '13 entrance over.