Need assistance with correctly installing mod

denbigh7

So, I've installed Pozzum's WWE2K17+, which I really enjoy and for the most part I've got it working. For some reason though, I'm having issues getting a few of the mods to work correctly. 

I've searched the forum and watched YouTube video tutorials to troubleshoot the issues, but I'm just not quite understanding how to properly fix the problems. I'm relatively tech savvy, but most of the tutorials I've found lack exact step-by-step methods to fix certain issues. (That's certainly not a slight towards any of you amazing modders, or anyone who has posted troubleshooting help. You guys are incredible. It's just that some of us rookies need more detailed, step-by-step help.)

Issues:

1. I downloaded The Honky Tonk Man using WWE2K17+. He shows up correctly in the game, but during a match he just falls to the ground. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with a pofo or moveset from a previous version of WWE2K, but for the life of me I just can't figure out how to step by step fix it.

2. I downloaded Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper using WWE2K17+. They show up in the game and I'm able to wrestle with them, but Hulk Hogan's hair texture looks crazy in the game, as if it's all distorted. When I wrestle with Roddy Piper, it makes him barefoot with some weird texture flying out of his foot. I'm not sure how to fix these issues. I think they may have something to do with their attire slots, but again, I can't figure it out. 

I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks again for the amazing mods.

11 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

So, I've installed Pozzum's WWE2K17+, which I really enjoy and for the most part I've got it working. For some reason though, I'm having issues getting a few of the mods to work correctly. 

I've searched the forum and watched YouTube video tutorials to troubleshoot the issues, but I'm just not quite understanding how to properly fix the problems. I'm relatively tech savvy, but most of the tutorials I've found lack exact step-by-step methods to fix certain issues. (That's certainly not a slight towards any of you amazing modders, or anyone who has posted troubleshooting help. You guys are incredible. It's just that some of us rookies need more detailed, step-by-step help.)

Issues:

1. I downloaded The Honky Tonk Man using WWE2K17+. He shows up correctly in the game, but during a match he just falls to the ground. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with a pofo or moveset from a previous version of WWE2K, but for the life of me I just can't figure out how to step by step fix it.

2. I downloaded Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper using WWE2K17+. They show up in the game and I'm able to wrestle with them, but Hulk Hogan's hair texture looks crazy in the game, as if it's all distorted. When I wrestle with Roddy Piper, it makes him barefoot with some weird texture flying out of his foot. I'm not sure how to fix these issues. I think they may have something to do with their attire slots, but again, I can't figure it out. 

I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks again for the amazing mods.

Hi Brother welcome to the community

1-you are correct it is the problem with moveset.this happen's because some moveset's will have old moves present in them which 2k17 cannot assign properly.so here you can do 2 thing's 1-search for another moveset 2-go to creation suit and change that move.this will solve your problem i too faced problem with justin gabriel but sorted out with second method

2-brother change their attire slot's.this are jumbled up with an existing superstar on that slot.i faced this problem with Batista retro.but figured out by changing the slot it's an easy solution brother

and you started this topic in a wrong place .here we only post's modding work's.there is another place to post this.the help and support place where you can post your problem and many people can see this.don't repeat next time Brother.....Thank you

Thank you-AR_Community

Edited by Abdul Rock Empire

6 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

Thanks guys. So sorry about putting it in the wrong thread.  Greatly appreciate the help.

No Problem Brother always ready to help

47 minutes ago, Abdul Rock Empire said:

Hi Brother welcome to the community

1-you are correct it is the problem with moveset.this happen's because some moveset's will have old moves present in them which 2k17 cannot assign properly.so here you can do 2 thing's 1-search for another moveset 2-go to creation suit and change that move.this will solve your problem i too faced problem with justin gabriel but sorted out with second method

2-brother change their attire slot's.this are jumbled up with an existing superstar on that slot.i faced this problem with Batista retro.but figured out by changing the slot it's an easy solution brother

and you started this topic in a wrong place .here we only post's modding work's.there is another place to post this.the help and support place where you can post your problem and many people can see this.don't repeat next time Brother.....Thank you

Thank you-AR_Community

Hey Abdul Rock Empire, thanks so much for your help! I edited Honky Tonk's moveset in the creation suite and that seems to do the trick. I can now use him in the ring.

Next issue - so changing the attire slot....I figured that was probably the issue. Can you give me an easy step by step on how to fix that? 

1 minute ago, denbigh7 said:

Hey Abdul Rock Empire, thanks so much for your help! I edited Honky Tonk's moveset in the creation suite and that seems to do the trick. I can now use him in the ring.

Next issue - so changing the attire slot....I figured that was probably the issue. Can you give me an easy step by step on how to fix that? 

Can you tell me with which tool you are installing the pac file's

Just now, Abdul Rock Empire said:

Can you tell me with which tool you are installing the pac file's

Well, I'm using Pozzum's WWE2K17+ to download mods. Then, when it says "inject" the file, I click "inject". Is that what you mean?

I've downloaded the Custom Character Tools and the Data Editor, but I just figured with WWE2K17+ it did most of the work for you.

10 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

Well, I'm using Pozzum's WWE2K17+ to download mods. Then, when it says "inject" the file, I click "inject". Is that what you mean?

I've downloaded the Custom Character Tools and the Data Editor, but I just figured with WWE2K17+ it did most of the work for you.

i don't use 2k17+ to install mod's as it need extra slot's.i think we need to buy slot's and you have to inject pac plus every time or else some mod's crash.i can help you in an alternate way and easy way in installing mod's through cheat engine it's much easier and never ever create's such problem's. 

On 8/11/2017 at 6:48 PM, Abdul Rock Empire said:

i don't use 2k17+ to install mod's as it need extra slot's.i think we need to buy slot's and you have to inject pac plus every time or else some mod's crash.i can help you in an alternate way and easy way in installing mod's through cheat engine it's much easier and never ever create's such problem's. 

@Abdul Rock EmpireFirst of all, there is no "buying" of slots for the game -- please get your information straight before making false statements..

On 8/11/2017 at 6:29 PM, denbigh7 said:

@denbigh7 You do not have to inject pac plus every time as long as you use slots that aren't pac plus slots from Pozzum's memory sheet.

When you download a mod in 2K17+, you should get prompted to select a slot (you can reference the memory sheet for a slot that is not a pac plus slot, like between 460-481 is a good range.  Then it will ask you what attire slot.  You can choose between 0-9.  Once you've done this, click Inject and it will put the ch.pac file into your wwe 2k17\pac\ch folder for you.

From there, you can use Data Editor 2017 and use the Universal Attire Unlocker to add the attire as selectable -> I go over this in my tutorial "#2" at around the 30:00 mark : http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/66789-aznblusuazn

Let me know if this helps.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:35 PM, denbigh7 said:

You can change the attires when you download them, but it doesn't have a way of detecting the attires you have so this can be an issue.

You need to change the problem wrestler to attire 0 using hxd.  Go to your wwe 2k17/pac/ch folder and find the file of hogan / roddy and then that will be like ch10622_hulk hogan.. Something like that.

You'll want it to be ###02 and ###04 for the first attire.  You also need to edit this number in the file at offset 800 using a hex editing program like HxD.

For best results post the file names in response so I can give you more direct instructions.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:48 PM, Abdul Rock Empire said:

You get downloads every 6 hours so I don't use all my bandwidth.  Pac plus mods won't show up if you don't inject it but it should be playable with the normal stars still.

Cheat engine installation is more limited in how many wrestlers you can install because you can't get the extra 160 wrestler slots without pacplus.

3 minutes ago, pozzum said:

You can change the attires when you download them, but it doesn't have a way of detecting the attires you have so this can be an issue.

You need to change the problem wrestler to attire 0 using hxd.  Go to your wwe 2k17/pac/ch folder and find the file of hogan / roddy and then that will be like ch10622_hulk hogan.. Something like that.

You'll want it to be ###02 and ###04 for the first attire.  You also need to edit this number in the file at offset 800 using a hex editing program like HxD.

For best results post the file names in response so I can give you more direct instructions.

You get downloads every 6 hours so I don't use all my bandwidth.  Pac plus mods won't show up if you don't inject it but it should be playable with the normal stars still.

Cheat engine installation is more limited in how many wrestlers you can install because you can't get the extra 160 wrestler slots without pacplus.

but i didn't get wrestler's.i installed tommy end made by julian sir.i installed pofo and moveset.but it doen't show me in game.i tried more than 5 time's to install but game crashe's.so i only use cheat engine.i don't install every wrestler.i only install updated roster.so i don't very much need 2k17+ for installation.but i asked this help more than 4 times.how to play i quit match or any other match but no one help me sir.thank's to respond sir.thank you

8 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

@Abdul Rock EmpireFirst of all, there is no "buying" of slots for the game -- please get your information straight before making false statements..

@denbigh7 You do not have to inject pac plus every time as long as you use slots that aren't pac plus slots from Pozzum's memory sheet.

When you download a mod in 2K17+, you should get prompted to select a slot (you can reference the memory sheet for a slot that is not a pac plus slot, like between 460-481 is a good range.  Then it will ask you what attire slot.  You can choose between 0-9.  Once you've done this, click Inject and it will put the ch.pac file into your wwe 2k17\pac\ch folder for you.

From there, you can use Data Editor 2017 and use the Universal Attire Unlocker to add the attire as selectable -> I go over this in my tutorial "#2" at around the 30:00 mark : http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/66789-aznblusuazn

Let me know if this helps.

i don't know much about this sir.i was refered by a community brother that 2k17+ Need slots which we should buy.so i don't use it.and i said the same here.i don't want to say his name here..so i don't know much about it