Should we have the sliders or body mods for our caws

Thedeadmanrising

Do you prefer the sliders or the body mods. I want the sliders back so I can make more accurate bodies. I think the body mods are not for everyone.  Let's say you're trying to make Tazz, none of the bodies fit him. Let's say your trying to make Batista the only close body you'll see is the Cena body, and that don't fit Batista. Finally, let's say your making yokozuna . The two large bodies may not fit. In order to be fully accurate it we need sliders. Which do you think we need.

Or maybe they introduced the body templates last year with the intention of developing body sliders for them this year? It's always baby steps with this series. I'm sure we'll see body sliders back eventually, with custom body parts as templates for us to choose from.

• Like 1
  • Bliss 1

I liked the sliders better. You could make one body part bigger than the other lol

plus it was easier getting the bodies right. I just hope they fix the stretched blurry logos when doing sides of legs or arm logo placing. 

Am I alone in thinking that 2K17 had the best looking CAWs in the series (so far) despite the limitations? Sliders would be great and all, but the preset options looked a lot more realistic and made CAWs feel like they were actually part of the game.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

Yes and no. The 2K16 caw body's were pretty limiting to, to be fair. Arms, legs, and neck length couldn't be adjusted. They were basically all the same shell with varying degrees of muscle/fat, so in many respects all caw body's looked the same. 2K17 you could get a wider range of body types, and it helped the caws look more like in game models. But I felt a lot of great caws were let down because of the body morph limitations, too many bodies just didn't look right for the wrestlers they were meant to represent.

Preset body templates with body sliders (you know, basically what we all thought we were getting last year) would definitely be ideal. The sliders wouldn't even need to be as in depth as previous games since the templates alone would offer a lot of variation.

• Too Sweet 1

On 8/6/2017 at 3:54 PM, Thedeadmanrising said:

Do you prefer the sliders or the body mods. I want the sliders back so I can make more accurate bodies. I think the body mods are not for everyone.  Let's say you're trying to make Tazz, none of the bodies fit him. Let's say your trying to make Batista the only close body you'll see is the Cena body, and that don't fit Batista. Finally, let's say your making yokozuna . The two large bodies may not fit. In order to be fully accurate it we need sliders. Which do you think we need.

definitely could both with the option to have both interactable. Example: you don't like the body type you use. so use the potato head mix and match body part option and then use sliders to fine tune that body morph. imo that could work 

9 hours ago, Steenalizer said:

Am I alone in thinking that 2K17 had the best looking CAWs in the series (so far) despite the limitations? Sliders would be great and all, but the preset options looked a lot more realistic and made CAWs feel like they were actually part of the game.

i agree but as they were in 2k17 you couldn't make any heavy set people at all

3 hours ago, Jai said:

definitely could both with the option to have both interactable. Example: you don't like the body type you use. so use the potato head mix and match body part option and then use sliders to fine tune that body morph. imo that could work 

There was a rhyno on the Xbox. I can't recall who made him but even with the limitations. They were able to make him extremely fat with tiny arms and legs

4 hours ago, Jai said:

To be fair you couldn't really make heavy set people with body sliders either given how deformed they ended up looking.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

16 minutes ago, HiPcavallo said:

To be fair you couldn't really make heavy set people with body sliders either given how deformed they ended up looking.

that was partly what i was getting at but that's why i said combine it. 

and i made heavy people just fine in wwe13 and 2k14. but i guess that's partly cause yokozuna was in 2k14. but that was the year they made that new body frame class.

my other point is as it stands now, the game kinda discriminates title wise against anyone created that has a big stomach. rhyno, yoko, any custom made bubba from scratch, etc with titles/custom titles. so that's what i think i want fixed the most.

Not trying to argue with you Jeff, it's obvious we basically want the same thing here.

Just don't think it's fair to criticise the presets for failing to make decent heavy set characters, when 2K16's body sliders were just as bad, if not worse in that regard. To be fair the title issue isn't really a weight thing, just emphasised by the weight thing. Title belts are just fucked on caws in general ;_;

9 minutes ago, HiPcavallo said:

Not trying to argue with you Jeff, it's obvious we basically want the same thing here.

Just don't think it's fair to criticise the presets for failing to make decent heavy set characters, when 2K16's body sliders were just as bad, if not worse in that regard. To be fair the title issue isn't really a weight thing, just emphasised by the weight thing. Title belts are just fucked on caws in general ;_;

oh no i wasn't criticizing the presets at all. in fact i wholeheartedly agree with you. yeah i don't know how the title thing got so bad but it may be me but i never noticed them not showing around big people in 2k16. i prob just didn't notice it but i know i had Fire and Ice (Norton/IceTrain) as wcw tag champs in my wcw universe in 2k16 and the belts showed fine but yeah you're right it's more of a cosmetic design flaw if anything else.

but yeah we want the same thing we just need to figure a way to get it. and no you're not arguing me at all we're just debating what'd be better for caw mode lol.

i'm more of an alt attire guy now so you probably know what would work best for cawing than i would.  i don't think i've actually cawed (other than creating myself for my career) since 2k14 lol

i just think if we had the sliders to fine tune the preset body parts that could help. sorry i wasn't clear in explaining myself lol

On 09/08/2017 at 3:37 PM, HiPcavallo said:

Yes and no. The 2K16 caw body's were pretty limiting to, to be fair. Arms, legs, and neck length couldn't be adjusted. They were basically all the same shell with varying degrees of muscle/fat, so in many respects all caw body's looked the same. 2K17 you could get a wider range of body types, and it helped the caws look more like in game models. But I felt a lot of great caws were let down because of the body morph limitations, too many bodies just didn't look right for the wrestlers they were meant to represent.

Preset body templates with body sliders (you know, basically what we all thought we were getting last year) would definitely be ideal. The sliders wouldn't even need to be as in depth as previous games since the templates alone would offer a lot of variation.

This exactly.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Id like the body mods but a feature to edit them like the sliders...

Sliders were actually used me to port caws from PS Xbox to PC but using body mods I could actually make own but can't copy them...

6 hours ago, LetterPro said:

I have a feeling it's going to be nearly impossible for me to make a good Piper Niven. 

Agreed. We struggled with Rhino and Big Mike, but it's hugely doubtful they'll give any settings for the thicker woman.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue last year. With two of my Original CAW's could not get the body type right because they were meant to thicker women. I am hoping with the sliding between two body styles we will be able to get more variation, and a bit more accuracy. I do miss the sliders when it comes to making thicker bodies, arms, thighs etc, but I got used to the limitation of the body morphs. 

Ideally, I agree that a combination of both would be perfect. Some body parts would not necessitate the slider system to create appropriate physiques, other would require them.