Sign in to follow this  
Jai

Xbox One from launch to Now. SErious Question

So i'm finally considering getting an X1. and no i'm not going to do like most and sell my ps4.

My question though is what changes have happened since launch to now for the x1

like i read somewhere that some app options had been discontinued/removed. i have no basis to test this so i decided to ask the community.  I'm not worried about space since i can easily upgrade to any hard drive size if need be (i have like 4 internal 2.5" 1TB drives just laying around and  2 500 gig internal 3.5" drives)

so yeah i'm trying to really get sold on getting an x1 but microsoft hasn't done a great job in doing that and i'm just wondering if any of you guys could do a better job on selling me on said console.  I appreaciate all legitimate comments and thanks

PS. and no i don't want or need a gaming pc

Edited by Jai

XB1 uses external drives vs what PS4 does with internal drives. Prob better off not getting one if you need this kinda selling to push you over the edge. With all the PS4s I've had (probably feeling the way about PS4s that you feel about XBOX), your XBOX will likely be sitting in the box or collecting dust if there aren't any games that haven't caught your eye. This has really been PS4s year in terms of games. Can't really thing think of any that are good that won't be available for all consoles this fall. I guess it'd make most sense if you have the normal PS4 and you're getting the XBX.

2 hours ago, hovathagod32 said:

XB1 uses external drives vs what PS4 does with internal drives. Prob better off not getting one if you need this kinda selling to push you over the edge. With all the PS4s I've had (probably feeling the way about PS4s that you feel about XBOX), your XBOX will likely be sitting in the box or collecting dust if there aren't any games that haven't caught your eye. This has really been PS4s year in terms of games. Can't really thing think of any that are good that won't be available for all consoles this fall. I guess it'd make most sense if you have the normal PS4 and you're getting the XBX.

well i'm not worried about space and such. i mean i can turn any drive i have into an external drive.

i just heard that some features got removed before launch but i honestly forgot what those were. I'm only considering it cause microsot has been hounding me to come back to xbox. they even offered me a 6 month xbl gold subscription on the off chance i do come back lol.

i'm an action adventure guy so if i do decide to get one my Action/Adventure games will be dedicated to x1 and i actually heard that star trek online is more stable on x1 so that's another reason. i'll always be using my ps4 for my game recording. i'm not all that interested in the xbx since i don't own a 4K tv and since those tvs have to be 40" and higher i'll probably never own one.

but thanks for you response. i definitely appreciate it as always man

They've streamlined the UI to make it faster and more responsive.

Games with Gold. (every 2 weeks new free games)

Xbox Gamepass (9.99 a month)

Mixer & Twitch Live Streaming

Easier to cap screenshots and clips (especially with chatpad)

Clubs

Custom Gamepics

Achievement tracker

Stream to windows 10 PC

External Storage Support

External Media Support

Backwards Compatibility for xbox 360 and soon xbox original titles

Create Gaming Tournaments

13 hours ago, mrblacksheep said:

They've streamlined the UI to make it faster and more responsive.

Games with Gold. (every 2 weeks new free games)

Xbox Gamepass (9.99 a month)

Mixer & Twitch Live Streaming

Easier to cap screenshots and clips (especially with chatpad)

Clubs

Custom Gamepics

Achievement tracker

Stream to windows 10 PC

External Storage Support

External Media Support

Backwards Compatibility for xbox 360 and soon xbox original titles

Create Gaming Tournaments

everything except capturing seems good to me.  They still have that silly uploads studio thing which is horrible in comparison to the way you can upload stuff on PS4. can you copy clips to usb to put on the pc? cause that's how i do all my capturing.

Right now i'm split between just upgrading my PS4 to the Slim version (i still have the original version) or just getting an x1. i just don't know cause to be honest i don't think i'd be getting too many exclusives on there unless they plan on coming out with some more gears of war titles.

Personally I don't think it's worth it, and I would honestly just stick to PS4 if I were you. But I think you've been toying with the idea of getting an Xbox for so long now, that it's pretty obvious you really want one. As long as you can afford it you might as well just bite the bullet and get one.

• Too Sweet 1

12 hours ago, Jai said:

everything except capturing seems good to me.  They still have that silly uploads studio thing which is horrible in comparison to the way you can upload stuff on PS4. can you copy clips to usb to put on the pc? cause that's how i do all my capturing.

Right now i'm split between just upgrading my PS4 to the Slim version (i still have the original version) or just getting an x1. i just don't know cause to be honest i don't think i'd be getting too many exclusives on there unless they plan on coming out with some more gears of war titles.

They have an xbox app on PC (and mobile i think) where you can DL screenshots and clips directly from your feed. So you don't even need to touch Upload studio. You can also upload clips directly to YouTube.

Although I like the xbox one's features, they don't have too many exclusives at this point. You just have to consider what's the deciding factor for you.

Upgrading the PS4 to the slim? That's barely an upgrade. Go pro or stick with the original PS4 you have

On 8/6/2017 at 6:14 AM, mrblacksheep said:

They have an xbox app on PC (and mobile i think) where you can DL screenshots and clips directly from your feed. So you don't even need to touch Upload studio. You can also upload clips directly to YouTube.

Although I like the xbox one's features, they don't have too many exclusives at this point. You just have to consider what's the deciding factor for you.

i know about the uploading directly but i usually add my music in sharefactory (wwegames) then export the video and copy to the pc to upload to youtube to prevent degredation. whenever i upload directly from the ps4 it gets a small bit of degredation.

yeah that's really the thing i mainly wanted one to try out that new gears of war as i am a gears fan but i can't really justify the 280$ asking price for the console plus price for the game.  i have the money i just don't want to spend all that to try out one game lol

On 8/6/2017 at 1:11 PM, Aero said:

Upgrading the PS4 to the slim? That's barely an upgrade. Go pro or stick with the original PS4 you have

i don't need the pro since i have a 32" hdtv (1080P) smart but the reason i was considering the slim was cause one of my usb ports just magically stopped working. but i guess as long as i have one port working that's really all i need i only use it to import videos music and images into the sharefactory app

On 8/5/2017 at 10:24 PM, HiPcavallo said:

Personally I don't think it's worth it, and I would honestly just stick to PS4 if I were you. But I think you've been toying with the idea of getting an Xbox for so long now, that it's pretty obvious you really want one. As long as you can afford it you might as well just bite the bullet and get one.

yeah i've only been toying with the idea but i really thought E3 they could have sold me on one if they actually put emphasis on trying to get gamers to jump from ps4 to xbox that simply wasn't the case and i wasn't wow'd in the least lol I think i'll stick with the x1 for now. i guess my main reason is so that something like Spiderman coming to ps4 doesn't happen to a game i really want on the x1 but i guess i can just wait lol

aye, wait til both usb ports stop, could well save you money. 

On 8/8/2017 at 5:21 AM, Aero said:

aye, wait til both usb ports stop, could well save you money. 

nah i know how to fix the one that's messed up. when i was moving the backpack my ps4 was in the strap broke so it got tapped on the ground when i was boarding a train. so the port got "shocked" out of place. I know how to go in and fix it. i was just trying to convince myself it'd be better to get the slim cause it wouldn't take up much space but if i wait till black friday i'll def get a slim since it'll most definitely be on sale

On top of my head, features that were removed since launch include snap mode (which allowed you to "snap" another app to a lean side bar, for example play a game and watch a TV channel in a small window in the sidebar) and mandatory Kinect stuff (Kinect is deprecated, really, and you need an adapter to even use it from the Xbox One S on. In addition, Kinect's voice recognition features have been replaced by Cortana, which can still be used via Kinect, though).
The OS has been updated to a Windows 10 derivate, with it DX12 and (full) UWP support was added and some other stuff.

I personally like my Xbox One S better than my PS4, although I mainly use it as a Media Center and UHD Blu-Ray Player which the Xbox One excels in. I'd suggest to wait until the Xbox One X is released, though, as it should provide a nice performance boost, even if you don't play at UHD resolutions or if you don't want to get the X, the prices for the S and original versions should go down a bit at least.
I also like the Xbox Play Anywhere feature where you buy a digital game once and can then play it on any of the Xbox One versions or a Windows 10 PC (and you can play multiplayer across platfroms, too - even when you only own the game once, you can let your friend log into your home Xbox One with her or his account and play multiplayer with you on the PC!). It's too bad that this feature isn't supported in all games yet, though.

On a side note regarding Star Trek Online, I recommend playing it on a PC, it's more fun that way in my opinion. :)