The TV/Movie recommendations topic

DrJoeyMagnum

What have you been watching lately? Anything good? Recommend it here or else!

Been watching a lot of Hannibal lately, the visuals are amazing, top notch acting from Mads Mikkelsen, Hugh Dancy and Laurence Fishburne 

• Like 1

I'll throw a few out along with a brief elevator pitch to get people interested....

Man in the High Castle --- World War II was won by the axis powers and now the US is divided up into the Japanese Pacific States, the Neutral Zone, and the Greater First Reich.

Veep --- Julia Louis Dreyfus as the incompetent and foul mouthed Vice President of the United States.

NewsRadio --- Mid to late 90s sitcom with one of the best ensemble casts in TV history.

House of Cards --- Kevin Spacey doing Kevin Spacey things in the way only Kevin Spacey can.

Black Sails --- Think Game of Thrones style production except the story is a prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island

Black mirror is a great series

American gods is massively overrated 

Spiderman homecoming isn't bad

I oddly enjoyed a romcom type series called lovesick on Netflix... Was previously only 1 series until Netflix bought it, and was originally called scrotal recall when on ch4

Got a few you peeps could give a goosey:

Californication- David Duchovny is a washed up writer, who is an alcoholic and sex addict.

Archer- One of the best cartoons going 

I also I second Hannibal and Lovesick they are both great Hannibal especially

• Person of Interest 
  • Hawaii Five 0

These are some decent shows to watch with a lot of episodes, if you're into the action crime side of things. Person of Interest is probably the best series I've watched.

I'm a big fan of the DC TV series, especially The Flash so I couldn't recommend that enough if you're into DC/Marvel, etc.

GLOW also turned out to be really good if your interested in a wrestling themed show, plus it's only 10 episodes so it's easy to get through.

18 minutes ago, DrJoeyMagnumRyan said:

Baby Driver was excellent too, bit cringey at the beginning but still a fantastic movie 

I second this one. It was excellent, which I didn't expect going in just knowing the title.

1 hour ago, Steenalizer said:

Daredevil on Netflix, especially season 2.

I have to find time to watch the Netflix Marvel shows eventually. I've heard such good things but just haven't gotten around to watching any of them.

6 minutes ago, Steenalizer said:

All Marvel Netflix stuff is great tbh, except maybe Iron Fist. Outside of that, Stranger Things and obviously Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul are fantastic shows.

Better Call Saul became shit after season 1, don't rate it anymore. 

I find most most of the marvel Netflix stuff very slow paced, I do expect defenders to be better though.  Jessica Jones was only good because of David Tennant. She's a really shit character in her own show.

I did enjoy glow, 30 min episodes too so quite short

• 2 weeks later...

I saw War for the Planet of the Apes last night, it's was pretty good but it had some of those "we think our movie audience are stupid" scenes, really bad ones too *cough* thatlittlegirlwiththeflower *cough*

28 minutes ago, DrJoeyMagnumRyan said:

I saw War for the Planet of the Apes last night, it's was pretty good but it had some of those "we think our movie audience are stupid" scenes, really bad ones too *cough* thatlittlegirlwiththeflower *cough*

I enjoyed them all, but I still think the first one was the best out of the trilogy. I thought they ended it perfectly, but apparently a spin-off movie is in the works. Hopefully they don't tarnish the franchise with a dozen more sequels.

F is for family is good and it's on Netflix 

rick and morty has added new episodes for season 3 

I got into a crime drama on the BBC called in the dark and you can watch it on BBC iPlayer.