Smacktalks

Smacktalks Forum 14th Anniversary! (New Feature Available!)

Today marks the 14th Anniversary of the Smacktalks forum which was founded on July 26th, 2003.

To celebrate this occasion I have created a brand new custom Anniversary skin based off of one of our most popular past designs!

SmacktalksAniversarySkinPreview.jpg

While a new skin is always cool, I know not everyone will want to see Seth Rollins staring them in the face, therefore I have spent some time working on a new custom feature to bring back Custom Backgrounds!

This is a feature a lot of people have requested, therefore to mark the forum's 14th Anniversary this is the first of many new features coming over the coming weeks and months :)

How to setup your Custom Background

1. Click on your username at the top right hand side of the forum and select Account Settings from the dropdown menu.

custom_bg1.jpg

2. Select the Edit Profile option.

custom_bg2.jpg

3. Scroll down to the Custom Forum Background field and paste the URL to your custom background image in the textbox, then click Save Changes.

custom_bg3.jpg

Please note that any users who previously used this feature will see the custom background they originally used, however this can be changed or removed by following the steps above.

I hope you all enjoy the new skin and the return of the custom background feature and i'd like to thank you all for being a part of Smacktalks over the past 14 years!

Thank You! :)

• Like 6
  • Too Sweet 1

Sweet, <3 you Paul.

Also, to peeps that wanna create their own graphics. Unlike last time there's no default background so you got to take the entire background into consideration so there's no black cutoffs like this.

130_WM33_04022017rf_2295--cf394f0975b9a0

• Like 1

The new skin is nice, but as with the light WWE 2k18 skin, the fonts are tough to read and discern in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. For example, the boldness of read and unread posts looks virtually the same in these web browsers. Also, the font looks generally too thin in posts and hard to read there, which cause eye strain. It looks better in the Chrome browser, although it still isn't as perfect there as the fonts in the "Default" and "Dark" skins are.
Here is a comparison to illustrate what I mean (click the image to enlarge):
15nucrp.jpg

The Dark versions of these themes as well as the "Default" theme use fonts and font styles that are much easier to read on all browsers. I suggest the fonts in the WWE 2k18 and Anniversary skins are changed to mirror those used in the "Default" or "Dark" themes to be more legible on all browsers.

Who actually uses Explorer or Edge though...? Firefox or Chrome are much better browsers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Penguin said:

Sweet, <3 you Paul.Also, to peeps that wanna create their own graphics. Unlike last time there's no default background so you got to take the entire background into consideration so there's no black cutoffs like this.

Reveal hidden contents

You're welcome :)

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

The new skin is nice, but as with the light WWE 2k18 skin, the fonts are tough to read and discern in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. For example, the boldness of read and unread posts looks virtually the same in these web browsers. Also, the font looks generally too thin in posts and hard to read there, which cause eye strain. It looks better in the Chrome browser, although it still isn't as perfect there as the fonts in the "Default" and "Dark" skins are.
Here is a comparison to illustrate what I mean (click the image to enlarge):
15nucrp.jpg

The Dark versions of these themes as well as the "Default" theme use fonts and font styles that are much easier to read on all browsers. I suggest the fonts in the WWE 2k18 and Anniversary skins are changed to mirror those used in the "Default" or "Dark" themes to be more legible on all browsers.

I've changed the main font on the skin which will affect the sections you mentioned, let me know if this works better :)

3 hours ago, Smacktalks said:

You're welcome :)

I've changed the main font on the skin which will affect the sections you mentioned, let me know if this works better :)

Thanks. The Anniversary skin is good now, the light WWE2k18 skin still needs the fonts for inside each forum changed, then it will be great. :) 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Paul, and all the Smacktalks team for this new site.more intuitive and finally complete :D it's a pleasure to surf here and personalize "his Smacktalks".

Happy Birthday to Smacktalks and the Team !

Kind Regards from France.

Ben

• Like 1