Create An Arena Mode

VooDooV

I hope this gets some extra love this year! 

I want them to sort out the fact if you move a lighting rig/truss, then the beams of light should move with it instead of staying where the truss originally was (if you don't understand what I mean, I will leave an example).

I hope they fix the ring apron and make logos you place take the ring apron texture like they did in 2K16, so they don't look out of place or flat on the apron. 

More freedom... would love to be able to manually rotate things and another great thing would to be have the same options for both sides of the stage instead of each side having some exclusive* objects.

Minitrons; would be great to have the option to use old minitron graphics for Raw and Smackdown arenas... other PPV's at a push

6c3cb86e-09e5-4b3e-affd-64e7cd8c86ef.png

• Like 2

I as a huge fan of Create an Arena 100% agree and share those issues that I would love to be fixed. Also, I do agree the stage graphic movies from past games should stay in CAA if the arena is not there in the first place. Would be amazing and time saving as well to make old school arenas. The did say that they made the Creation suite deeper and CAA was singled out as one of the examples of what is improved. I'm def curious how much.

Edited by Dr.C-Squared
  • Like 1

I wish they'd give us the option for some even smaller arenas, a la the Performance Center. I'd love to make a brand that's like a local/regional promotion, where you essentially wrestle in a high school gym or fire hall. 

11 hours ago, LetterPro said:

I wish they'd give us the option for some even smaller arenas, a la the Performance Center. I'd love to make a brand that's like a local/regional promotion, where you essentially wrestle in a high school gym or fire hall. 

Yeah that's a cool idea. When I worked at job corps we used to sponsor Indy wrestling shows in our gym there were some great shows we had

Hopefully all of that is in. Along with better coloring options for lighting. Or just being able to add lighting sets separately from a minitron/header/wall

But @VooDooV, you should come to PC.. we could create a beast of a game arena wise lol

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 2

Another thing I think would be nice is in the stadium, a roof option and have the lighting towers that covers the ring changeable for past mania towers like the palm trees from 28, the buildings from 29 and maybe even no towers and normal lighting rigs if you wanna create Mania 30 accurately or just your own.

• Like 1

On 2017-7-26 at 7:43 PM, hovathagod32 said:

Hopefully all of that is in. Along with better coloring options for lighting. Or just being able to add lighting sets separately from a minitron/header/wall

But @VooDooV, you should come to PC.. we could create a beast of a game arena wise lol

I just hope they make the minitron lights for the RAW ruthless aggression stage work! and that they add a proper texture to the stage design... it looks plastic rather than metal.
Not only that but some proper lighting for the shattered stage sets either side. 

It's about time that 2K invite creation suite users to the game test, so they could get some genuine feedback from people that use the mode on a daily basis.

I'd love to join the PC side but at the moment I've not quite got the money for a gaming PC, but at some point I might end up there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping we get some new arena templates... like the oval entrance used a bit in the late 90's for Royal Rumbles and No Mercy '99 (UK). Would love to see them add the Raw '00/01 stage with the bits of angled truss infront of the curtains.

In fact they should add a lot of the templates we had from '13 onwards again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VooDooV said:

Hoping we get some new arena templates... like the oval entrance used a bit in the late 90's for Royal Rumbles and No Mercy '99 (UK). Would love to see them add the Raw '00/01 stage with the bits of angled truss infront of the curtains.

In fact they should add a lot of the templates we had from '13 onwards again.

Those for sure and honestly more importantly imo and they should, they should have the RAW and SD stage as templates for CAA to make future shows easier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.C-Squared said:

Those for sure and honestly more importantly imo and they should, they should have the RAW and SD stage as templates for CAA to make future shows easier.

I at least hope that creators start getting invited to the testings of the WWE 2K games... it'd be better for us to actually have a voice from someone that uses the creation suite and not youtubers that spend next to no time on it. 

Last year the Create An Arena was improved A LOT in some areas but had a few set backs.
2K16, when you put a logo on the apron it would blend in and look like it's actually there whereas this year they don't at all. 

Would be great to create the smaller stages. WWE 2k15, Survivor Series 2002 entrance way is a great example of this... 

Without a doubt it'll be the last thing to be shown off just like last year :|

• Too Sweet 1

4 hours ago, VooDooV said:

I at least hope that creators start getting invited to the testings of the WWE 2K games... it'd be better for us to actually have a voice from someone that uses the creation suite and not youtubers that spend next to no time on it. 

Last year the Create An Arena was improved A LOT in some areas but had a few set backs.
2K16, when you put a logo on the apron it would blend in and look like it's actually there whereas this year they don't at all. 

Would be great to create the smaller stages. WWE 2k15, Survivor Series 2002 entrance way is a great example of this... 

I see what you mean and I agree although nothing wrong with asking youtubers to check out the creation suite out. There are some that do. I don't think the creation suite will be available at the play test next week tho.

I agree it was better and the logo blending into the apron is a gripe with me as well. Lowering the transparency helps but hopefully that is fixed this year. I also think that is a great idea for MSG arenas. Was just thinking of that actually. Maybe we will see it as one of the new templates. Would be interesting to see how it works as the sides of the stage did have the crowd.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see what new templates were gonna get, personally I hope for the old school neon entrance way, and a few NXT TakeOver templates (such as London) also id like the feature to have curtains over the steel barricade like in NXT. As well as the feature to move the commentary tables anywhere, and even remove it completely. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dr.C-Squared said:

I see what you mean and I agree although nothing wrong with asking youtubers to check out the creation suite out. There are some that do. I don't think the creation suite will be available at the play test next week tho.

I agree it was better and the logo blending into the apron is a gripe with me as well. Lowering the transparency helps but hopefully that is fixed this year. I also think that is a great idea for MSG arenas. Was just thinking of that actually. Maybe we will see it as one of the new templates. Would be interesting to see how it works as the sides of the stage did have the crowd.

No issue with youtubers going in general but it'd be great to have creation suite users go. For this test they have everything as it's when youtubers get their captures for them to start releasing every now and again... I remember last year most of them didn't bother with the creation suite at all! I had to wait until someone got the game early and was streaming it. 

As for MSG arenas, would definitely welcome that as an arena and wouldn't mind it having it's own exclusive entrance ways like SS '02 etc. and like Tornado said, would love to see the ability to have custom curtains over the guard rail maybe even the banners above the ring like the Attitude Era. 

As for actual arenas included with the game, it's about time we saw the Smackdown Fist arena actually make an appearance! We've had SD & Raw Attitude Era Arenas but only the Raw ruthless Aggression arena... Would love to see those Ruthless Aggression Era Smackdown Minitrons again 

On 8/12/2017 at 11:42 PM, VooDooV said:

1 minute ago, Tornado_X said:

I don't understand why they removed the feature for logos to blend in with apron, hopefully this will be addressed in 2k18. can't wait for the creation suite trailer!

Maybe it was a bug? IDK but I do hope as well it comes back in 2K18.

Those that know me, know I love this mode. There are so many things have I want, but the most is the old school In Your House set. I want the house with the tron in the window, the whole works.

Hopefully they improve this mode, would love if they added stuff like:

- Custom Banners (above the ring)
- Option to rotate/turn arena pieces (like the SummerSlam 2002 'S' logo, can turn that around so its facing the entrance way)
- Able to remove the WWE logo on the Raw is War arena scaffold (and change it)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deadman04 said:

Hopefully they improve this mode, would love if they added stuff like:

- Custom Banners (above the ring)
- Option to rotate/turn arena pieces (like the SummerSlam 2002 'S' logo, can turn that around so its facing the entrance way)
- Able to remove the WWE logo on the Raw is War arena scaffold (and change it)

I'd also like

- To change the Steel Step positions so they're opposite each other like they used to be, as opposed to being on the same side. (if thats possible... should be)
- The ability to walk on the bit of stage infront of the tron for the Smackdown '99 stage (nothing to do with CAA, but a welcome addition)
- Working LED lights for the Raw '02 stage around the minitron. 
- Fix the issue with light beams still being visible even though that piece of trussing/lighting rig has been removed.
- options to move the 'wall' pieces up and down cause it was restricted to sideways and forwards/backwards 

Edited by VooDooV

I imagine CAA got somewhat of an overhaul as they had to force it this year because as much as I hate those awful LED corner posts, WWE forced the hand at 2k to do add it, which then forced them to come up with other ideas for the CAA mode as well. We may get different rope textures this year, ie, bull rope (wwf/e) and cable (WCW/ECW). that is plausible. What i hope for but probably isn't or won't be plausible is the ability to shift the guard rails in closer to get the more intimate 80's/90's WWF feel, which was just crazy how close you were to the action, especially in 97 and 98.

As for steel steps, the top left would have to remain stationary, while the top right one could be moved around. A lot of entrances are dependent on that top left steel step being there. So if we had the ability to move the top right step to the other two positions, that would be great!

On 8/13/2017 at 8:04 PM, VooDooV said:

Look how well artwork blended in on 2K16 compared to 17...

a215af78-d170-4922-85ed-3b3d17be8b5a.png

81a519f5-f313-4924-87bf-a00fd1c7da87.png

You can, you just have to set the apron to black 100%, and then partially change the opacity on the logo. Doesn't take much.

Edited by dantheman9856

7 hours ago, dantheman9856 said:

You can, you just have to set the apron to black 100%, and then partially change the opacity on the logo. Doesn't take much.

That is completely the opposite of what I want. 

Like I said, in 2k16, artwork blended in with the apron texture without having to touch the opacity...
so no you can't as lowering the opacity just takes away from the artwork itself... sure enough at some point you start to see the ring apron but it's a crap workaround for something that used to be in

okay, well you can either just work around it, or just be mad about it. lol, Each game is going to have its issues, I'm sure 2k18 will be no different in terms of its issues. Have fun with it.

• What? 1

2 hours ago, dantheman9856 said:

okay, well you can either just work around it, or just be mad about it. lol, Each game is going to have its issues, I'm sure 2k18 will be no different in terms of its issues. Have fun with it.

Then your reply was pointless... was it not? I'm sure 2k18 will have its issues, but my main point was that it needs fixing.

Unless you're going to contribute don't reply with you smarky remarks LOL 

Edited by VooDooV
  • Like 1