Create An Arena Mode

VooDooV

On 16/08/2017 at 7:28 PM, Tornado_X said:

@Judders Man I loved your work on 13, and 2K14! Shame you never finished the Raw 00 arena on 16 tho. If anything I look forward to your amazing creations next year!

I didn't finish my new In Your House this year either. That will be the first one I do on 2K18.

If you're not willing to engage in a topical discussion about your problem then don't post the problem. You just don't like that I don't agree with you, which has nothing to do with the content of my response. Is it too much to mess with opacity? Is that really too much to ask? Is it such an inconvenience you will get worked up about it? I hate that I can't put down ringside mats on concrete like I could in 2k16, in 2k17 the lighting engine glares the crap out of the texture, so what? I just got over it. If it isn't in 2k18, I'll get over it again. I get what you want, but you have a much easier fix and my issue has no fix. I didn't mean to melt you, precious snowflake.

3 hours ago, dantheman9856 said:

If you're not willing to engage in a topical discussion about your problem then don't post the problem. You just don't like that I don't agree with you, which has nothing to do with the content of my response. Is it too much to mess with opacity? Is that really too much to ask? Is it such an inconvenience you will get worked up about it? I hate that I can't put down ringside mats on concrete like I could in 2k16, in 2k17 the lighting engine glares the crap out of the texture, so what? I just got over it. If it isn't in 2k18, I'll get over it again. I get what you want, but you have a much easier fix and my issue has no fix. I didn't mean to melt you, precious snowflake.

Why did you actually just write me a paragraph :D I think you need to stop getting worked up about what I want for this years game. 

It's pointless just constantly saying *mess around with the opacity*... By the time it actually starts to show the ring apron texture through the artwork, it's completely pointless having the artwork on there as it's near invisible. 

I engaged in a discussion about it, and proven your point was pointless and unnecessary,

End of discussion

Edited by VooDooV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VooDooV said:

Why did you actually just write me a paragraph :D I think you need to stop getting worked up about what I want for this years game. 

It's pointless just constantly saying *mess around with the opacity*... By the time it actually starts to show the ring apron texture through the artwork, it's completely pointless having the artwork on there as it's near invisible. 

I engaged in a discussion about it, and proven your point was pointless and unnecessary,

End of discussion.

On the topic of arenas... I'd love to see what YOU do, cause I can guarantee you don't put as much effort in as I do

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, VooDooV said:

End of discussion

back to the topic of hand, they need to let us edit in game arenas just like you can edit in game superstars. don't like the announce table ringside and want it by the stage ala current raw, 97 nitro or 2002 raw? done! want to add logos all over the ramp and stage area of the raw arena? done! want to remove the LED stuff from the current arenas? DONE!

just as an example i think if we could have edited the arenas we probably could have been able to outdo what yukes was able to do lol

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, Judders said:

I didn't finish my new In Your House this year either. That will be the first one I do on 2K18.

remember those days of having to use the logo stretch glitch! lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tornado_X said:

man I hated 2K14 for that, but it made me so much more resourceful with my CAA skills, a la putting multiple logos in one slot

well i only had to use 2 logos but yeah i hated it too lol

we should just be thankful that judders/smacktalks figured out that little glitch cause that bastard mick foley wanna be Aubrey kept saying that it was made like that on purpose and acted like that issue was in wwe12 and wwe13 which we all know is a damn lie. i'm sorry but thinking about what that dude did when he was community manager still rubs me the wrong way lol

Voodoo,

I don't ever give out my master files, but would it help if I gave you a blank 2k17 apron texture? That way you can at least get the effect you want before importing.

Edited by dantheman9856
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

8 hours ago, Tornado_X said:

Hopefully the apron blending won't be a problem next year

i didn't have a huge problem with it, although i mostly got the materials off of CC or got a few friends to design aprons but i guess i'm still used to just placing logos on the in-game aprons that it never really bothered me lol

Tbh I completely lost interest in the mode this year. I only made all TakeOvers post The End, and uploaded them. Really hoping for 2K to revamp CAA (although they sadly probably won't) A few things I personally want is having the steel barricade with the curtains over them (like in NXT) an arena without ringside mats, having the ability to move around and adding lighting, being able to turn off announce tables, or move them around, and also having more than one minitron, titantron, or walls. Even having 3 of each would make for much bigger improvements

6 hours ago, Tornado_X said:

Tbh I completely lost interest in the mode this year. I only made all TakeOvers post The End, and uploaded them. Really hoping for 2K to revamp CAA (although they sadly probably won't) A few things I personally want is having the steel barricade with the curtains over them (like in NXT) an arena without ringside mats, having the ability to move around and adding lighting, being able to turn off announce tables, or move them around, and also having more than one minitron, titantron, or walls. Even having 3 of each would make for much bigger improvements

i think mostly i dl'd other people'sarenas i didn't want to be  bothered with load times lol

I would hope that they give is the option to change the announce table position. Also change the look of it instead of having the same ugly looking WWE announce tables. Have tables from like folding tables to the old WCW version.

• Like 2

On 01/09/2017 at 0:39 AM, Jai said:

remember those days of having to use the logo stretch glitch! lol

I did my best work on those days, only being able to use a few logos depending on their sizes. Had to get creative.

6 hours ago, Judders said:

I did my best work on those days, only being able to use a few logos depending on their sizes. Had to get creative.

only thank you for figuring that stuff out. i mean it was ridiculous that had to happen in the first place. (funny how i still remember how to do that glitch lol) alot of the arenas i got atleast for WWF i know i got from you (atleast the apron designs since downloading off of cc would have just defaulted it lol

13 hours ago, Jai said:

only thank you for figuring that stuff out. i mean it was ridiculous that had to happen in the first place. (funny how i still remember how to do that glitch lol) alot of the arenas i got atleast for WWF i know i got from you (atleast the apron designs since downloading off of cc would have just defaulted it lol

Also had Brienj for the 360 importer, and Pur3 and Kim666 for figuring the PS3 side to let us use it too.

Just now, Judders said:

Also had Brienj for the 360 importer, and Pur3 and Kim666 for figuring the PS3 side to let us use it too.

yeah i didn't know much about the ps3 side but Brien really did bring WWE12 and WWE13 to life with the Caw injectors, the minitron and titantron creators and Hacker-T did a good job on 360haven by creating those editors for universe etc. and yeah Pur3 and Kim666 for the logo stuff. I think by the time 2k14 had ended it's life i had renders on every single caw i had which was probably over 500 if you count all profiles LOL

• 1 month later...