Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington dead aged 41

DrJoeyMagnum

chris-cornell-chester-bennington-source-

Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington has died aged 41, LA County Coroner says.

The coroner said Bennington apparently hanged himself. His body was found at a private home in the county at 09:00 local time (17:00 GMT) on Thursday.

Bennington was said to be close to Soundgarden vocalist Chris Cornell, who took his own life in May.

Formed in 1996, Linkin Park has sold more than 70 million albums worldwide and has two Grammy Awards.

The band had a string of hits including Faint, In The End and Crawling, and collaborated with the rapper Jay-Z.

Its album Meteora topped the Billboard 200 chart in 2003 and is regarded as one of the biggest indie rock records of all time.

Bennington leaves a wife, and six children from two marriages.

He is said to have struggled for years with alcohol and drug abuse, and has talked in the past about suicide as a result of being a victim of abuse as a child.

Source: BBC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fawuwu said:

thats messed up he killed himself on cornells birthday

They were good friends, I have a feeling Chris' suicide messed Chester up. 

famous people always die in 3's? chris was 2 months ago, and romero was old. 

wont lie, hate people dying, especially when they feel so lost that they have to take their own life, but linkin park did nothing for me, so chesters death doesnt have the same impact on me as the likes of chris, bowie, prince even george michael for that matter. none the less, he obviously touched a lot of peoples lives and as such im sure his death has hit quite a few people very hard. 

I haven't kept up with much Linkin Park in recent years, but I absolutely wore Hybrid Theory out. 

Always sad when these stars die so young, and in such tragic circumstances.