Question about EAS?

ρsyкel45

Do you think we'll finally have the option to edit hair & facial hair on in-game superstars this year? It would certainly be a useful feature, especially for new looks & gimmicks in case a superstar changes their look on TV, & of course for custom gimmicks/attires. For example, I would like to give Seth Rollins or Neville a shaved head/buzz cut. In my personal opinion, I believe the ability to change hair & facial hair is long overdue. What do you think? I think the NBA 2K games allow people to do the same thing, but I'm not sure.

First of all I'm very disappointed that your question wasn't about eating a steak. Secondly, while I'd love to be able to change hair and facial hair I highly doubt it'll happen this year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Penguin said:

The dyeing feature proved that there's a chance, but I'd say Smoa Joe has a better chance at beating Scott Steiner at Sackerfice than it being added.

To be honest even if it were a likely possibility this year, I would fully expect them to do something really shitty by limiting it character specific presets (for example imagine if we'd been able to change Undertaker's hair and facial hair in 2K16, but only based on the styles used on his existing attires). It would be nice, but far too limiting to get much use. Have to expect it to take a few games before we'd get a satisfactory version of the feature.

Edited by HiPcavallo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

To be honest even if it were a likely possibility this year, I would fully expect them to do something really shitty by limiting it character specific presets (for example imagine if we'd been able to change Undertaker's hair and facial hair in 2K16, but only based on the styles used on his existing attires). It would be nice, but far too limiting to get much use. Have to expect it to take a few games before we'd get a satisfactory version of the feature.

I'd be perfectly happy with preset options myself. Specifically for people like Daniel Bryan who despite a fairly short career in WWE, had a lot of transformations as far as his hair was concerned. Whilst I'm happy he's in the game, it would be sweet to recreate his looks all the way through his career not just his last wrestlemania look.

This would also be great for some of the female superstars like Alexa Bliss.

I also agree though that the problem with preset options is they would likely mess it up by leaving out a couple for some superstars which would irritate.

It's not impossible as I recall they had that superstar heads options a few years back

Yes that would be great, but not quite what I meant. I couldn't see them filling the game with preset hairstyles, just allowing us to choose based on existing presets from alternate attires/slots. So a feature we could get some use out of for the likes of HHH and Undertaker but not much else. Hopefully I'm wrong and they get a feature like this right the first time, but knowing this game series it'll be baby steps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

Yes that would be great, but not quite what I meant. I couldn't see them filling the game with preset hairstyles, just allowing us to choose based on existing presets from alternate attires/slots. So a feature we could get some use out of for the likes of HHH and Undertaker but not much else. Hopefully I'm wrong and they get a feature like this right the first time, but knowing this game series it'll be baby steps.

I think we are meaning the same thing, just my thought is that it'd be good to have a few presets for each wrestler not necessarily from alternate attires. For example of HHH he has 3 different hairstyles from his in game models currently, however someone like Daniel Bryan who has only 1 in game model, but has over the course of the WWE game series had a bunch of different hairstyles, I wouldn't be against having specifically those hairstyles available to swap into for him via EAS. If that makes sense? This could stretch to people like Rusev, Strowman, who have had makeovers since the last game but it'd be cool to have their previous looks as an option without a separate in game model

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:11 AM, ρsyкel45 said:

Do you think we'll finally have the option to edit hair & facial hair on in-game superstars this year? It would certainly be a useful feature, especially for new looks & gimmicks in case a superstar changes their look on TV, & of course for custom gimmicks/attires. For example, I would like to give Seth Rollins or Neville a shaved head/buzz cut. In my personal opinion, I believe the ability to change hair & facial hair is long overdue. What do you think? I think the NBA 2K games allow people to do the same thing, but I'm not sure.

only way i could see it happening is if they make it where hair and facial edits can't be uploaded. but that would pretty much include any type of hair or facial edits even hair dye. that way they don't have to worry about some 8 year old trying to give cena pink hair or put undertaker in pigtails or some stupid stuff like that. but i agree it is due

11 hours ago, ALXTBO said:

I think we are meaning the same thing, just my thought is that it'd be good to have a few presets for each wrestler not necessarily from alternate attires. For example of HHH he has 3 different hairstyles from his in game models currently, however someone like Daniel Bryan who has only 1 in game model, but has over the course of the WWE game series had a bunch of different hairstyles, I wouldn't be against having specifically those hairstyles available to swap into for him via EAS. If that makes sense? This could stretch to people like Rusev, Strowman, who have had makeovers since the last game but it'd be cool to have their previous looks as an option without a separate in game model

Yes we are talking about the same thing, but you're missing the point. I wasn't trying to provoke a discussion about how great the feature could be, but one about managing expectations. Stop thinking about how great the feature could be and start thinking about the shittiest possible version of it, which in response to the OP is the best I think we could realistically expect for the features debut (whether it happens this game or not).

2 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

Yes we are talking about the same thing, but you're missing the point. I wasn't trying to provoke a discussion about how great the feature could be, but one about managing expectations. Stop thinking about how great the feature could be and start thinking about the shittiest possible version of it, which in response to the OP is the best I think we could realistically expect for the features debut (whether it happens this game or not).

Haha that is me managing my expectations.
Converse to having all the create a superstar hairstyles available to all superstars, which is highly unlikely and personally I don't really feel the need to give Randy Orton an 80s mullet (no disrespect to anyone who does). But can't help but dream a little bit on something which I don't think is entirely impossible, given that they had the Superstar heads feature a few games back where you could have CM Punk with long or short hair. 
Definitely true though that even if it did happen at some point, there would be styles left out for certain wrestlers which would be annoying, but there's always something to complain about regardless haha.

While I do agree with some of the things in this thread, it seems like 2K would be able to scan the superstars & then add the hair after, thus enabling us to change hair to our liking. Unfortunately scanning doesn't work like that. The hair dye option from 2K17 in my opinion does show 2K is trying to go in that direction of editing hair & facial hair. I do believe there could be a new addition perhaps to editing in-game superstars this year in 2K18 perhaps...

Edited by ρsyкel45

43 minutes ago, Steenalizer said:

It's definitely possible, but the decision to allow it is solely up to WWE.

Right, in my opinion since we were allowed to dye hair, then WWE should have no problem with us being able to freely customize hair & facial hair to our own liking.

7 hours ago, ρsyкel45 said:

Right, in my opinion since we were allowed to dye hair, then WWE should have no problem with us being able to freely customize hair & facial hair to our own liking.

Absolutely. I'm just prepared that if something like this ever comes to fruition that there'll be a few restrictions given wwe's sensitivity to everyone's looks being a trademark.

There would likely be heavy restrictions and only limited to certain options. Probably based on actual appearances, like changing Triple H from having long hair to a buzzcut or vice versa.

• Like 1

If we're going to have hair vs hair matches then I want a scalping option for the post match cutscene. That way it'll feel more authentic if I decide to play in a TNA ring.