WWE 2K18 announced for Nintendo Switch

shanafan

"It’s official: WWE 2K18 is coming to Nintendo Switch.

With a little help from WWE 2K18 cover Superstar Seth Rollins, WWE and 2K confirmed Monday that WWE fans everywhere will be able to test their grappling might this fall on Nintendo’s newest gaming console. WWE 2K18’s Switch debut marks the first time in five years that a new WWE video game will be available on a Nintendo platform. Thanks to Switch’s on-the-go capabilities, it will also be the first portable WWE video game available in six years.

Switch enthusiasts who choose to step into the WWE 2K18 ring can expect a flurry of new features in this year’s game, many of which were detailed recently in a 2K developer’s blog post. This includes matches featuring up to eight Superstars, a more expansive backstage area, new weight detection and grapple carry systems and much more. 

This is in addition to a more immersive MyCareer experience and an all-new online Road to Glory mode that pits your custom Superstar against players around the world. WWE 2K18 will also provide a more comprehensive ability to customize the in-game experience, including a new Create Match option.

WWE 2K18 Switch players will be able to compete with or against Superstars that will make up this year’s ever-growing roster of playable characters. Players will also get the chance to capitalize on accessing the WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus of Kurt Angle, who is available to anyone who pre-orders 2K’s popular WWE video game for the Switch or other gaming consoles.

WWE 2K18 is not yet rated by the ESRB and is currently scheduled for worldwide release on Oct. 17, 2017, on Nintendo Switch as well as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One."

Edited by shanafan

Now I have to figure what platform to buy it on. PS4 cause I have friends? Switch to play on the go? PC for mods but I have to wait months and buy DLCs anyways?

Hmm...

3 hours ago, Suplewich said:

Now I have to figure what platform to buy it on. PS4 cause I have friends? Switch to play on the go? PC for mods but I have to wait months and buy DLCs anyways?

Hmm...

it's funny you mention that. technically i play 2k17 on the go when i have to travel (atleast on amtrak) cause i have a small enought hdmi capable tv to connect to my ps4 on the observation lounge LOL

if i were traveling in late october you'd best believe that's what i would be doing lol

7 hours ago, shanafan said:

Switch for portable, and PC for mods. Double dip!

Of course you can now also get pretty compact Laptops with powerful enough video cards like the full Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080 to take the PC version anywhere, if you can afford it. ;)

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

Of course you can now also get pretty compact Laptops with powerful enough video cards like the full Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080 to take the PC version anywhere, if you can afford it. ;)

i wouldn't even use the "if you can afford it" line anymore. the laptop i got is pretty powerful, runs 2k15,16,17 Andromeda as well as Arkham Knight. i'm very happy with it. and here's the punch line: I bought it from Ebay for only 400 bucks! (no this wasn't an auction) lol

5 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Well, true question.. is practical enough to play it on the toilet? I mean, that's always a nice perk of any portable console ;)

On ‎15‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 4:17 AM, shanafan said:

Well, true question.. is practical enough to play it on the toilet? I mean, that's always a nice perk of any portable console ;)

While I wouldn't play near the toilet with anything, it's certainly possible. If you have a roomy bathroom, you can set up the laptop vis-a-vis the toilet and just use a Bluetooth Controller (the newer Xbox One S controllers that support Bluetooth are an excellent choice, or a DualShock 4 controller). You could also install create a foldable board next to the toilet to put the laptop on. There may be other possibilities.

15 minutes ago, Steenalizer said:

Why would anyone play 2K18?

well i hate to admit it, they're slowly suckering me in again...

if cole acknowledges Jason Jordan as Jason Angle then i'm in!