(Rumor) New information on 2K18

Dann

Just now, Jai said:

if it's the same person as King Mo then i wouldn't trust it.

like i said my friend that has deep connections with 2K and no this isn't just some "my friend is a manager at a store that knows the devs" crap he's been deep within the inner circle of 2K and THQ for years.

said that he can confirm one of the things listed is 100% fake

Your friend could be right but Opendus could also be right too. It's fine if you don't believe me, man, I mean leaks are supposed to be taken with a grain of salt. All I'm saying is this guy has gotten everything right so far except one thing from 2K15. I'm willing to believe him.

5 minutes ago, Suplewich said:

Your friend could be right but Opendus could also be right too. It's fine if you don't believe me, man, I mean leaks are supposed to be taken with a grain of salt. All I'm saying is this guy has gotten everything right so far except one thing from 2K15. I'm willing to believe him.

no it's nothing like that. as long as the guy doesn't turn out to be king moe we're good LOL

2 minutes ago, Suplewich said:

Yeah, I got you, haha.

yeah that guy is real janky lol

i called him out on his bullshit when 2k16 was being marketed and he blocked me and all my friends on my immediate friendslist on twitter LOL

1 minute ago, Jai said:

yeah that guy is real janky lol

i called him out on his bullshit when 2k16 was being marketed and he blocked me and all my friends on my immediate friendslist on twitter LOL

Wow, that sucks. I think he is gone now though.

3 minutes ago, Suplewich said:

Wow, that sucks. I think he is gone now though.

I don't know i have heard people talking about him on the 2k forums. hopefully your guys' stuff is legit

Again, sorta safe info but I'm not complaining. But now it's time to play a fun lil' waiting game between who's right, Jai's guy or Sup's guy.

and i love hiroshi because he is a sexy hiroshi. omega is better worker but hiroshi is sexier. love u hiroshi

I accept this reasoning, no one is sexier than Tana. Not even dreamy Canada man.

1 minute ago, Penguin said:

Again, sorta safe info but I'm not complaining. But now it's time to play a fun lil' waiting game between who's right, Jai's guy or Sup's guy.

I accept this reasoning, no one is sexier than Tana. Not even dreamy Canada man.

To be fair, his leaked nudes are pretty hot but I agree.

4 minutes ago, Jai said:

I don't know i have heard people talking about him on the 2k forums. hopefully your guys' stuff is legit

Yeah, we'll see. The one thing I doubt is the GM Mode but even that, I could see it happen.

3 minutes ago, Penguin said:

eh well i stand by the notion of alot of stuff is decided in january and because of whatever reasons, wwe disapproves, wants something else etc it gets changed.  we mentioned this in pm before but Owen was supposed to be part of Austin's showcase in 2k16 and for whatever reason (i'm assuming Martha got wind of it when that Owen DVD was announced) he was pulled but his moves got put in.

it is what it is lol

all i care about is an improved universe, the cruiserweights, hopefully some new cruiserweight innovated engine, and glitches fixed and audio commentary fixed

January/February definitely does seem to be the main cut-off point, judging by attires and whatnot so yeah I get that point. I mean, you can't really blame Martha for not wanting anything to do with WWE.

20 minutes ago, Suplewich said:

To be fair, his leaked nudes are pretty hot but I agree.

Oh, they were definitely hot. But just imagine some Tana nudes, they'll break the internet like fufu's nudes... Though, Kenny seems more open so that's a plus in his book.

15 minutes ago, Penguin said:

January/February definitely does seem to be the main cut-off point, judging by attires and whatnot so yeah I get that point. I mean, you can't really blame Martha for not wanting anything to do with WWE.

Oh, they were definitely hot. But just imagine some Tana nudes, they'll break the internet like fufu's nudes... Though, Kenny seems more open so that's a plus in his book.

I was always under the impression the dead line was always Mania. I remember 2K16 had those who competed at Mania 31 had their attires from the show. I hope for some really good attires this year.

If I may throw in my 2 cents, I really don't know which of these could be fake. It can go either way. They all sound possible and good and I really wanna see these in the game! lol

46 minutes ago, Penguin said:

no it's not, it's just when they start their initial plans

17 minutes ago, Dr.C-Squared said:

I was always under the impression the dead line was always Mania. I remember 2K16 had those who competed at Mania 31 had their attires from the show. I hope for some really good attires this year.

If I may throw in my 2 cents, I really don't know which of these could be fake. It can go either way. They all sound possible and good and I really wanna see these in the game! lol

well according to the 2k liason that's on the forums now he says that as far as gimmicks goes, anything that's happened up till june gets in the game. anything past that would have to wait for the next game.

as far as i know when 2K transitioned in they said that the character cutoff was around Payback (when payback was after extreme rules) which would put that at May which is certainly feasible since they say the Gimmick cut off is june.  I know from first hand knowledge that the DLC cutoff is Mid-July/Early August. which is why we didn't get Ciampa/Gargano and Roode cause they hadn't signed merchandising deals by that time. They signed regular deals but not merchandising deals which allows NXT talent to get put in the game.

So with all that said i'd assume most of the cruiserweights could have been scanned for the game but that doesn't mean they all get in.

I'm thinking what my friend hinted at being wrong was probably the DLC. I'm even doubtin there will be 5 packs

2 minutes ago, Jai said:

well according to the 2k liason that's on the forums now he says that as far as gimmicks goes, anything that's happened up till june gets in the game. anything past that would have to wait for the next game.

as far as i know when 2K transitioned in they said that the character cutoff was around Payback (when payback was after extreme rules) which would put that at May which is certainly feasible since they say the Gimmick cut off is june.  I know from first hand knowledge that the DLC cutoff is Mid-July/Early August. which is why we didn't get Ciampa/Gargano and Roode cause they hadn't signed merchandising deals by that time. They signed regular deals but not merchandising deals which allows NXT talent to get put in the game.

So with all that said i'd assume most of the cruiserweights could have been scanned for the game but that doesn't mean they all get in.

I'm thinking what my friend hinted at being wrong was probably the DLC. I'm even doubtin there will be 5 packs

Yeah, after double thinking, I think Universe GM Mode is more probable than five DLC packs. However, I can definitly see a Cruiserweights Pack replace the New Stars pack.

57 minutes ago, Penguin said:

That's what I meant, to be honest. Turns out I mess up when I'm not paying attention/caring. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

32 minutes ago, Jai said:

Up till June? Wow. I didn't know that much. Thank you for that correction. Makes predictions more interesting imo! I kind figured since I do notice they stop the arenas range at Payback/Extreme Rules.

Yeah makes sense to me when you put it that way. Funny enough as well, I was also thinking if one of those rumored details were to be fake, it would be 5 packs of DLC as imo that is kinda much but I didn't say anything in my last post out of uncertainty.

I dont think we will be getting 192 on-disc character excluding doubles. Honestly I feel we may get just above 160 characters, maybe 115 current roster and 50 legends. They may cut 2015 and 2016 DLC legends.

I also think GM mode will be separate as 2K said we will be getting new game modes.

Coming to this guy he is wrong before, he said there will be undertaker edition for 2k16, he said Roman Reigns is cover star of 2k16, he said there will be above 150 characters in 2k17 without dupes, which all proved to be wrong. He will delete the tweets which are wrong.

2 hours ago, Penguin said:

That's what I meant, to be honest. Turns out I mess up when I'm not paying attention/caring. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

all good but yeah that's when the pre-emptive plans start.

2 hours ago, Dr.C-Squared said:

Up till June? Wow. I didn't know that much. Thank you for that correction. Makes predictions more interesting imo! I kind figured since I do notice they stop the arenas range at Payback/Extreme Rules.

Yeah makes sense to me when you put it that way. Funny enough as well, I was also thinking if one of those rumored details were to be fake, it would be 5 packs of DLC as imo that is kinda much but I didn't say anything in my last post out of uncertainty.

yeah the arenas are a bit different cause in retrospect since i think svr10 the games have always been based on the previous years: prime example in SVR10 Cole specifically mentions their 25th anniversary mania match happening which was in 2009 and the mania we got that year? yep you guessed it Mania 25. i assume that if we get 2 manias like we did last year it'd be Mania 32 and Mania 33

16 minutes ago, gamingfan said:

I dont think we will be getting 192 on-disc character excluding doubles. Honestly I feel we may get just above 160 characters, maybe 115 current roster and 50 legends. They may cut 2015 and 2016 DLC legends.

I also think GM mode will be separate as 2K said we will be getting new game modes.

Coming to this guy he is wrong before, he said there will be undertaker edition for 2k16, he said Roman Reigns is cover star of 2k16, he said there will be above 150 characters in 2k17 without dupes, which all proved to be wrong. He will delete the tweets which are wrong.

Actually Game Modes and Match types could range from anything. Alot of times it could be something simple. Create a finisher, story designer etc

are you sure you're not remembering King Moe? i checked this guy out he's not the same person as king moe who was the person that said all that stuff. Just saying

and acually i just did the math. not counting multiples it's 157 people in the game so he was right not counting dlc it's 133 so it's really not far from the 150 number anyway

3 hours ago, Suplewich said:

Yeah, after double thinking, I think Universe GM Mode is more probable than five DLC packs. However, I can definitly see a Cruiserweights Pack replace the New Stars pack.

yeah same here. honestly i've never liked the new stars/future stars packs cause they definitely aren't new or future stars. I appreciate them being added in but yeah

Guys, did nobody stop to think that he said the arenas included are from Battleground 2016 - Extreme Rules 2017? That would mean skipping the Payback and Money in the Bank 2016 arenas (in 2K17 we had the 2015 arenas) and those arenas were before Battleground 2016. I think that's the false one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jai said:

all good but yeah that's when the pre-emptive plans start.

yeah the arenas are a bit different cause in retrospect since i think svr10 the games have always been based on the previous years: prime example in SVR10 Cole specifically mentions their 25th anniversary mania match happening which was in 2009 and the mania we got that year? yep you guessed it Mania 25. i assume that if we get 2 manias like we did last year it'd be Mania 32 and Mania 33

Actually Game Modes and Match types could range from anything. Alot of times it could be something simple. Create a finisher, story designer etc

are you sure you're not remembering King Moe? i checked this guy out he's not the same person as king moe who was the person that said all that stuff. Just saying

and acually i just did the math. not counting multiples it's 157 people in the game so he was right not counting dlc it's 133 so it's really not far from the 150 number anyway

yeah same here. honestly i've never liked the new stars/future stars packs cause they definitely aren't new or future stars. I appreciate them being added in but yeah

He said without DLC and dupes there will be above 150 characters, but its 133 which is way off 150. He is the one who said it. Kingmoe and this guy are full of bullshitt on twitter. They just give false informations and hype the game, then people will blame 2k for not having the things which these guys have said.

Atleast that inside2knews guy is better he predicted Kurt Angle will be preorder bonus in last october, even before Angle returned to WWE and Seth Rollins will be coverstar in last december. But all of these guys are bullshitt. Its better to have low expectations.

Edited by gamingfan

28 minutes ago, Tornado_X said:

Guys, did nobody stop to think that he said the arenas included are from Battleground 2016 - Extreme Rules 2017? That would mean skipping the Payback and Money in the Bank 2016 arenas (in 2K17 we had the 2015 arenas) and those arenas were before Battleground 2016. I think that's the false one.

Jeez I never even realized that! It could be. Touche. Although of course we are gonna get updated arenas and hopefully the stage template is available in CAA.

1 hour ago, gamingfan said:

He said without DLC and dupes there will be above 150 characters, but its 133 which is way off 150. He is the one who said it. Kingmoe and this guy are full of bullshitt on twitter. They just give false informations and hype the game, then people will blame 2k for not having the things which these guys have said.

Atleast that inside2knews guy is better he predicted Kurt Angle will be preorder bonus in last october, even before Angle returned to WWE and Seth Rollins will be coverstar in last december. But all of these guys are bullshitt. Its better to have low expectations.

not really 133 that's only 17 people off.

umm inside2knews is king moe.

i don't really care. i still enjoy 2k16 and 2k17 so it's whatever

2 hours ago, Tornado_X said:

How bout this. we just wait till we get factual info before throwing out a bunch of senseless speculation that will either get us overhyped or disappointed.

1 hour ago, Dr.C-Squared said:

Jeez I never even realized that! It could be. Touche. Although of course we are gonna get updated arenas and hopefully the stage template is available in CAA.

i could actually see us getting payback 16 - Summerslam 16 (updated) and the rest of the ppvs to mania 33 would be the redesigned format. I imagine Raw and SDL new sets (the debut ones) will probably be in the new NXT arena might not make it. hopefully the new titles do make it cause i really hate using created championships. they cause way too much drama when it comes to universe and cutscenes.

2 hours ago, Dash_Wilde55 said:

if they get rid of Universe mode for GM mode I will  be pissed off

alot of people would. if that happened i'd be done with the 2k series period

I highly doubt that the debut new era Raw and SDL will be in the game rather than the current ones, and Payback 2016 all the way to Extreme Rules 2017 is expected not just up to SummerSlam, and why wouldn't the new NXT be in the game? It debuted after Orlando. Only thing is i'm wondering if they'd include TakeOver The End as they skipped out on Respect last year