(Rumor) New information on 2K18

Dann

13 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

To be fair while those NXT titles may have only debuted at Takeover Orlando they likely would have been designed weeks if not months beforehand. 2K don't need to see the physical belts to create them in game, so surely WWE would have sent them the designs ahead of time if they weren't going to meet the cutoff time?

WWE has never sent designs of anything to 2K or THQ not even for Arenas. they are always built from scratch which is why the ring was bigger until 2k15 happened. not doubting you but i'm just saying not to get your hopes up.

also this seems promising if true

You will now be able to have eight people in the ring at any given time. This is the largest number ever for any WWE games, with the highest before 2K18 being six people. This applies to any match, including the Royal Rumble and 4 vs. 4 Tag Team matches.

so to answer tornado x's question looks like we might be able to have a 1 v 1 match with 3 managers each on each side, a  2 v 2 match with 2 managers each on each side and a 3 v 3 match with 1 manager on each side (atleast this is in theory)

12 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

Probably because 2015 Orton all the way up to Summerslam 2016 Orton was one of the lowest points in his career and they didn't want us to have to think about it when we played with him in 2K17. I must say, that was pretty considerate of them.

attires is different than an actual complete model. most times attires that make it in that late are just color swaps or they have a few design changes. like for instance cena in a different colored shirt or shorts

orton's attire doesn't really change that much it's just a different color. so that's much easier. again this is just thinking as far as theoretical goes

ok but last year wasn't the new women's title revealed during wrestlemania yet it made 2k17? the nxt titles were revealed before wrestlemania so why would they not be in 2k18.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tornado_X said:

ok but last year wasn't the new women's title revealed during wrestlemania yet it made 2k17? the nxt titles were revealed before wrestlemania so why would they not be in 2k18.

Yeah. It did make it. So I think safe to say or safe bet is they will make it.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:05 AM, Tornado_X said:

like i said it's a toss up.

the 2Kayfabe guy said that as far as arenas, titles and gimmicks goes, if it's June they'll make it in. anything post june would have to wait till the following year. i was just saying not to get overhyped about the title situation cause you know it's unpredictable really.

as far as the main show titles i could care less about them. they are just horrendous to me lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 2:37 PM, Jai said:

You will now be able to have eight people in the ring at any given time. This is the largest number ever for any WWE games, with the highest before 2K18 being six people. This applies to any match, including the Royal Rumble and 4 vs. 4 Tag Team matches.

8 people in the ring, yes, and some match types listed but it was stated it was every match. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, Brick said:

8 people in the ring, yes, and some match types listed but it was stated it was every match. 

i think what people are worried about the most is whether or not we'll be able to have traditional survivor series elimination style matches.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:08 AM, Steenalizer said:

Wouldn't elimination sort of be the entire point of 4 on 4 matches? They'll definitely have it for 2K18, and if they don't then you can blame me for it.

not necessarily.  They could add it, I mean we all know that's what alot of people wanted 8 men in the ring for, but they could have just done it just to have regular 8 man tags and 8 men in the ring for EC and Rumbles.  This does beg the question whether or not we'll get 2 v 2 v2 Normal and Tornado tag matches as well as 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 normal and tornado matches.  Hell add ladder to that cause tag matches still don't have a ladder stip yet.

I hope i'm wrong in overanalyzing  and that all these match options are doable. i know it would get chaotic in a 2v2v2v2 match but i'm all for it.

i wonder if they re-scaled the ring again

Edited by Jai

1 hour ago, Jai said:

not necessarily.  They could add it, I mean we all know that's what alot of people wanted 8 men in the ring for, but they could have just done it just to have regular 8 man tags and 8 men in the ring for EC and Rumbles.  This does beg the question whether or not we'll get 2 v 2 v2 Normal and Tornado tag matches as well as 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 normal and tornado matches.  Hell add ladder to that cause tag matches still don't have a ladder stip yet.

I hope i'm wrong in overanalyzing  and that all these match options are doable. i know it would get chaotic in a 2v2v2v2 match but i'm all for it.

i wonder if they re-scaled the ring again

Sincerely hoping (especially with the re-introduction of the match creator) that Tag Team Ladder matches are back. Especially Triangle Tag Team Ladder matches which I don't think we've had since Here Comes the Pain (happy to be proven wrong) but they were my go to match for a long time for that game. Especially if The Hardys made the cut, Edge and Christian being regular fixtures in the games now and hoping that the Dudleys are on a legends deal and will still be in that'll make for some epic gameplay.

The amount of tag match varieties in 2k17 which was minimal, really sucked my enthusiasm for tag teams, especially creating teams like AOP, Young Bucks cause they take up 2 CAW slots and you couldn't really do much with them.

1 minute ago, ALXTBO said:

Sincerely hoping (especially with the re-introduction of the match creator) that Tag Team Ladder matches are back. Especially Triangle Tag Team Ladder matches which I don't think we've had since Here Comes the Pain (happy to be proven wrong) but they were my go to match for a long time for that game. Especially if The Hardys made the cut, Edge and Christian being regular fixtures in the games now and hoping that the Dudleys are on a legends deal and will still be in that'll make for some epic gameplay.

The amount of tag match varieties in 2k17 which was minimal, really sucked my enthusiasm for tag teams, especially creating teams like AOP, Young Bucks cause they take up 2 CAW slots and you couldn't really do much with them.

well i don't see how the create a match mode (it did not say it was match creator per se) would allow creation of a tag ladder match type. i'm not doubting you but i'm just saying.   Actually i think SVR (the original one) had triple threat ladder matches if i'm not mistaken. it's been a while but i'll test it out and update this post as i still own a b/c ps3.  But yeah i don't understand why they removed that match type and it was in 2k15 or 2k16 as a hidden match type which sucked. but hopefully we can get all this.  i always was against ladder matches in those earlier games cause there was no way to really strategize the match type but now with the roll out feature, the new ladder match mini game i'm all for it lol

3 minutes ago, Jai said:

well i don't see how the create a match mode (it did not say it was match creator per se) would allow creation of a tag ladder match type. i'm not doubting you but i'm just saying.   Actually i think SVR (the original one) had triple threat ladder matches if i'm not mistaken. it's been a while but i'll test it out and update this post as i still own a b/c ps3.  But yeah i don't understand why they removed that match type and it was in 2k15 or 2k16 as a hidden match type which sucked. but hopefully we can get all this.  i always was against ladder matches in those earlier games cause there was no way to really strategize the match type but now with the roll out feature, the new ladder match mini game i'm all for it lol

Yeah I should have clarified my statement with the match creator, just sort of meant that they look to be trying to allow a little more exotic options for match types. If a 2v2v2 ladder match is in there i'd expect it to be a preset too.
100% agree with the mechanics of the roll out system allowing it to be a little less chaotic.

Would love a Tag Team Elimination Table match as well, even though as it stands Table matches kinda sucked in 2K17. It would be disappointing however if they are introduced and The Dudleys don't make the cut :(

10 minutes ago, ALXTBO said:

Yeah I should have clarified my statement with the match creator, just sort of meant that they look to be trying to allow a little more exotic options for match types. If a 2v2v2 ladder match is in there i'd expect it to be a preset too.
100% agree with the mechanics of the roll out system allowing it to be a little less chaotic.

Would love a Tag Team Elimination Table match as well, even though as it stands Table matches kinda sucked in 2K17. It would be disappointing however if they are introduced and The Dudleys don't make the cut :(

funny you mention tables matches. i haven't attempted a single one LOL

1 minute ago, Jai said:

funny you mention tables matches. i haven't attempted a single one LOL

I wouldn't recommend it lol

Tables haven't been fun for a while now. I miss the days when you could direction throw people through them and they'd absolutely explode on impact

1 minute ago, ALXTBO said:

I wouldn't recommend it lol

Tables haven't been fun for a while now. I miss the days when you could direction throw people through them and they'd absolutely explode on impact

yeah i think the only time i've used a table is in that section in the brawling area. i've been working on my backlash 02 ppv and to do the big show nWo heel turn i booked Big Show and Austin vs Taker and Steven Richards (since big show and richards were feuding) so i had austin hogging the match, spliced to the cutscene of big show dropping down off the apron and abandoning the match, another cutscene of Big show walking up the ramp where nash hall syxx and hbk were standing on the stage and big show joining them. so then it was a 1 on 2 match austin pinned taker but the ref didn't see taker's hand on the bottom rope. so out comes flair to restart the match. the restart went about 15 minutes they brawled all over the arena, got into the area with the table, last rid thru the table. so in that retrospect i don't have that many issues with the table matches but i could understand where you're coming from as well.

• 3 weeks later...