Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Penguin

Impact Wrestling changed name to GFW

13 posts in this topic

maxresdefault.0.jpg

When Anthem Entertainment announced they’d officially acquired Global Force Wrestling (GFW) earlier this week, many people asked what it was they were acquiring.

It was an easy joke, yes, but GFW didn’t have much in the way of tangible assets. What they did have, however, was a name that wasn’t a double entendre and that wrestling fans didn’t often say with LOL in front of it.

So, according to a story just published in The Tennessean, the newspaper which covers TNA’s headquarters city of Nashville, from here forward Anthem’s wrestling company will be known as GFW. Their weekly show on Pop TV, Fight Network and other outlets will keep the title Impact.

Obviously, Anthem also acquired Jeff Jarrett, and this announcement confirms he remains in charge of all creative aspects of what is now GFW.

We’ll surely be hearing more about this as Anthem and GFW use this as a fresh start for their branding, and attempt to build off recent ratings increase and the social media success touted in The Tennessean article to grow on across the world with new initiatives like a new on-demand streaming app they plan to make the centerpiece of their video strategy.

Source: https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact-wrestling/2017/6/30/15905854/anthem-renames-tna-gfw-global-force-impact-wrestling

LOL, I'm all for rebranding TNA. But why the fuck would you just have the cheap knockoff version of TNA take over? Worth noting, TNA now has a history of gold scams!

Hey! GFW is associated with the current WWE Champion, so I'd say they're a prestigious scam.

Global fufu Wrestling would be a better and more marketable name

Posted (edited)

You know at least before I could look at the TNA acronym and think of tits and ass. Now I have to look at GFW and think gross fucking weight. What the fuck? Seriously, why would you want to risk alienating your audience, and hinder your potential for future growth like that. Most mind numbingly stupid thing TNA has ever done.

Edited by HiPcavallo

Hey, Gross Fucking Weight is targeting the current white trash and redneck demographic. Which is why they already announced some Nascar special guests..

I guess in a way it's a fitting transition. In the early days TNA was that hot young bitch with great tits and a fantastic ass, the kind that everyone wants to fuck. But over the years they kept putting on weight, every pound a representation of some mind numbing fuck up. Now those great tits and fantastic ass are buried under a mountain of fat so gross that no one would ever want to fuck that bitch.

I mean, it took her awhile to get hot she was pretty ugly at the start. Unfortunately, she wasn't hot for too long before she got trashy and ruined her perfect image with plastic surgery. I pray that this once fair maiden grows into at least a hot trailer mom, but alas that seems unlikely.

On 7/1/2017 at 7:12 PM, Penguin said:

Hey, Gross Fucking Weight is targeting the current white trash and redneck demographic.

"I went to a highly educated university, so when people say what's that? I have to dumb myself down."

Codes you glue pubes to your face, you are the current white trash and redneck demographic.

Plus he's from Ohio, that's like the white trash capital.

Not to mention Ohio are Donald Trump supporters. He's a  'Repubelican'. 

Dear God fufu, Big Cass got to him! :o