Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suplewich

What is your favorite wrestling game?

21 posts in this topic

For the gameplay, the career mode, the creation, whatever. What is your favorite wrestling game of all time? You can do top 3 too, your choice.

Me and my uncle used to play a great wrestling game that he liked to call "Shhhhh!!!"

Here Comes The Pain hands down. Got far more enjoyment out of that game than any other. Probably 2K16 as second, and I guess third would either be SVR 2007 or 2006.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Aero said:

Me and my uncle used to play a great wrestling game that he liked to call "Shhhhh!!!"

That was an amazing game. You seems to have a loveable uncle!

5 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

Here Comes The Pain hands down. Got far more enjoyment out of that game than any other. Probably 2K16 as second, and I guess third would either be SVR 2007 or 2006.

I think this one is my favorite too. But to be honest, I never even played the Career Mode yet, heh. I'm scared that it ends up being like SVR 2008, 2K15, 16 and 17.

Edited by Suplewich

To be honest Here Comes The Pain didn't have the best career mode, but the storylines had a lot more flexibility than most games in the series.

2 hours ago, Suplewich said:

That was an amazing game. You seems to have a loveable uncle!

I think this one is my favorite too. But to be honest, I never even played the Career Mode yet, heh. I'm scared that it ends up being like SVR 2008, 2K15, 16 and 17.

He had 11 large fingers

a mix between wwe13, 2k14, and 2k16

2k17 comes close but the commentary audio issue with signatures and finishers kinda kills it.

Wait, are you saying that those are your three favourites and that you just don't have a definitive favourite. Or that you have to combine those three games together in order to have a favourite?

4 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

Wait, are you saying that those are your three favourites and that you just don't have a definitive favourite. Or that you have to combine those three games together in order to have a favourite?

i guess i don't really have a definite favorite.

I guess 2k14 is more dear to me cause of the (mostly) nWo DLC, WWE13, because of too cool, the brood, those entrnces etc. 2k16 because i was able to have a rumble or EC match in any arena and change sting's face paint etc. 2k17 because of the expanded roster even though i hated we lost legends. SYM and HCTP i loved those story modes but when i look back and play it i can really only play it for maybe an hour as opposed to me playing it almost 24 hours nonstop when it was first released.  *Shrugs* i guess i have a love for all of em except SVR08, 09, and SVR11

Smackdown 2, or Smackdown vs Raw 2007 were easily my favourites. I don't want to think of how many hours I put into GM Mode on the latter, but that was by far the most fun mode on any WWE game.

2K14 was also very good though, as far as the newer games went.

svr 2008 , then svr 2011 , these are underrated tbh.

On 7/4/2017 at 2:59 AM, Y2Joe said:

I agree with this, but I'd choose 2007 over 08. 

Hardly underrated when everyone says they're underrated. Great games though.

1 hour ago, Steenalizer said:

Hardly underrated when everyone says they're underrated. Great games though.

Underrated comment

On 7/1/2017 at 6:59 PM, fufu ÷ said:

Smackdown 2, or Smackdown vs Raw 2007 were easily my favourites. I don't want to think of how many hours I put into GM Mode on the latter, but that was by far the most fun mode on any WWE game.

2K14 was also very good though, as far as the newer games went.

i liked SD2, problem i hated about it was the long loading times.

i didn't care much about gm mode but i used the mode to book my matches since you could build from an empty card.  i guess i could have done the same with the create a ppv thing (which is something that i feel shoulld be added back so we can have empty match cards) but it was more convenient doing it thru gm mode. other than that i didn't really like the mode. i really didn't understand it. were you just supposed to make believe the stories happened or what? and injuries and bad morale happened way too much

On 7/3/2017 at 9:59 PM, Y2Joe said:

you mean the game that decided that fighting styles should dictate what moves we could use? yeah no thanks. that game was absolute trash.

4 hours ago, Jai said:

i liked SD2, problem i hated about it was the long loading times.

i didn't care much about gm mode but i used the mode to book my matches since you could build from an empty card.  i guess i could have done the same with the create a ppv thing (which is something that i feel shoulld be added back so we can have empty match cards) but it was more convenient doing it thru gm mode. other than that i didn't really like the mode. i really didn't understand it. were you just supposed to make believe the stories happened or what? and injuries and bad morale happened way too much

Well the goal was to have the most viewers by the next Wrestlemania, and playing out the storylines to have great matches achieved that. You needed imagination to make the most of them in terms of your own booking and story though. Injuries were to make it more challenging, and so that you couldn't book a HIAC every week, same with morale and the budget. I did mostly just use it to book my weekly dream version of WWE, and I liked having to devote promo time to certain people to boost them. Once you'd completed it and unlocked all the settings, you could really do whatever you wanted with it.

2 hours ago, fufu ÷ said:

Well the goal was to have the most viewers by the next Wrestlemania, and playing out the storylines to have great matches achieved that. You needed imagination to make the most of them in terms of your own booking and story though. Injuries were to make it more challenging, and so that you couldn't book a HIAC every week, same with morale and the budget. I did mostly just use it to book my weekly dream version of WWE, and I liked having to devote promo time to certain people to boost them. Once you'd completed it and unlocked all the settings, you could really do whatever you wanted with it.

yeah that's what i did just to book the matches LOL

the problem i ran into is say i did The Rock vs Mankind in a street fight type match on heat (think halftime heat before rumble 99) then book rock and mankind in another match at the rumble, after that show, both would pretty much be injured which is realistic but it just happened way too often whereas now injuries occur way too seldom. we need a balnce in between. but yeah i agree with you on once you completed it. SVR06 and 07's was okay but 08's there was no way i could really do that cause you were dealing with ECW and they'd just put on any type of specialty match and auto win the rankings.

Posted (edited)

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns - World.

despite it's old school graphics still tons of fun

2nd fav is probably 2k14. 

3rd Smackdown SYM

loved running around the different backstage areas and just practically everywhere around the arena.

Edited by OmniBLACK

In no particular order:

WWE 2K17 --- I really like the style and gameplay of the modern games.

Here Comes the Pain --- This is the game I played a ton of when I was younger. So much nostalgia.

King of Colosseum II --- Played on a modded PS2 once and just recently started replaying it. Few games have a sense of excitement buildup during matches like this one.

WCW/NWO Revenge --- Yes I like it more than No Mercy.

SVR '06.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, LordJustice17 said:

In no particular order:

WWE 2K17 --- I really like the style and gameplay of the modern games.

Here Comes the Pain --- This is the game I played a ton of when I was younger. So much nostalgia.

King of Colosseum II --- Played on a modded PS2 once and just recently started replaying it. Few games have a sense of excitement buildup during matches like this one.

WCW/NWO Revenge --- Yes I like it more than No Mercy.

i agree with WCW/nWo Revenge. definitely was better than no mercy plus we got the sting rafter drop as a run in lol

Had tons of fun with that game. And I know it's not that popular but Power Move Pro Wrestling, WCW vs The World were really fun too. and IMO those 2 games paved the way for the N64 games grappling systems

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, Beardy™ said:

SVR '06.

i think as far as 06 i liked the mini games they had more than anything. the double KO, the Sleeper system, and the Submission B system where you have to stop the meter in escape or reverse. i thought that system was cool and I really would love to see that system implemented in 2K19 if it hasn't been thought about for 2K18

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, OmniBLACK said:

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns - World.

despite it's old school graphics still tons of fun

2nd fav is probably 2k14. 

3rd Smackdown SYM

loved running around the different backstage areas and just practically everywhere around the arena.

you know this is funny. i spent the entire year of 2K14 setting up like 15 universes/rosters and i never really got far as far as universe lol. but i agree that was a real fun game.