Why I believe WWE 2K18 won't feature any legends!

TheGreatLiukage

My initial idea was that there was going to be some type of mode where you were going to have to play as Seth Rollins and fend off the legends in a Mortal Kombat "Challenge Tower" mode (which doesn't sound half bad actually), but with the the current revelation that I won't spoil here. I'm banking on there being NO LEGENDS IN THE GAME (aside from current revealtions).

A lot of people speculated okay, Flair's in the game, Macho Man's in the game because of the statue, Andre's in the game because he destroyed the statue... The IC, NWO World Title, Smoking Skull title, are all in the game. etc. etc. BUT, what I gathered from the reveal trailer was ALL OF THIS STUFF HE'S DESTROYING WERE UNLOCKABLES/DLC/PAID DLC alike from past WWE 2K games (including WWE 'xx). So why not, like they've done before. Start anew? They were off to a weird start at WWE 2K15 with the platforms changing and what not... I feel they are going to flip the script with this one. And in order to do that, you got to start new. Hey I may be reaching, but I feel firmly at least that they are going to feature what talent they have now especially with the end quote being "Be Like No One."

I have more I want to speak on, but I really want to hear from the community about this! :)

I highly doubt that, they just made it like that because Seth has that "Burn it to the ground" thing going since turning face. Also they wouldn't remove anyone from the roster without a legit reason like Hogan. I'm pretty sure they target the Biggest Roster of all time goal every year now to make it sell better and removing people wouldn't make any sense. 

Also they would get a huge shitstorm if they remove every/most Legends from the Game.

• Like 3

it wouldnt be very wise for them from a business standpoint. not everyone thats buys the games follows the current product

the legends are the only reason i still buy the game at this point. Im not going to buy if they remove most of the legends.

They cant have it both ways.  Because they If theyre going to be current, then they need to actually be current. The games are always far out of date by the time they come out. Hell the outlaws didnt make it in the game when they were the reigning tag champs.

theyre not gonna get the current roster right anyway and i always make universes with the old rosters so thats less caw slots that have to be taken up

• Like 2

There's definitely going to be legends because in the cover trailer for Seth Rollins, he goes into the WWE Archives and destroys stuff belonging to some wrestling legends, which confirms that some legends will at least have some involvement in the game somewhere.

• Like 1

So, you are saying there will be no Triple H, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels. I want to see those guys not in the game and how people will revolt, especially Undertaker. LOL. But its not going to happen. They will be regular legends for another 5+ years unless they are Benoited.

Moreover Vader and Tatanka confirmed themselves to be in the game, it proves that legends are still there and if they removed legends they would not have featured Triple H and Undertaker in the trailer.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2017 at 7:39 PM, mrblacksheep said:

So what's the possible spoiler?

Some people may have not known by now (I know) what happened in the WWE 2K18 trailer reveal.

On 6/27/2017 at 3:07 AM, gamingfan said:

So, you are saying there will be no Triple H, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels. I want to see those guys not in the game and how people will revolt, especially Undertaker. LOL. But its not going to happen. They will be regular legends for another 5+ years unless they are Benoited.

Moreover Vader and Tatanka confirmed themselves to be in the game, it proves that legends are still there and if they removed legends they would not have featured Triple H and Undertaker in the trailer.

I wasn't going THAT far! lol

Just the legends we received in DLC, unlockables, etc. :) 

Okay, so to add some depth to my initial post... feel free to stop reading! ;) 

To say that it would be bad for business to remove wrestlers from the game... Between WWE 2K14 and WWE 2K15 they included Andre the Giant as an unlockable but then charged us for him via DLC. | To say that they try to shoot for the biggest roster and they don't remove legends, I personally believe the guys over here at Smacktalks.org shoots for the biggest roster each year! lol seriously, because between WWE 2K14 and WWE 2K15 they removed (open to corrections), Ted Dibiase, Yokozuna, Sgt. Slaughter (charged via DLC), charged for a King version of Randy Savage... WWE 2K15 was the weakest when it came to the roster. (I feel partly because of the whole console generation switch, still pandering to ps3/x360 etc.)

WWE 2K16 had the biggest roster (at the time of my story I'm trying to set for you all)! It was massive! but it featured more Attitude Era stars we can all agree on. And until they dropped WWE 2K17, ya'll probably either was going to rest on 2K16, passed on it and/or felt the were finally going to get it right on 2K17. BUT WWE 2K16 featured less LEGENDS in it... more WWE Alumni you know? But to move the story along, WWE 2K17 dropped, I lost my shit, so did others and the pac plus tool came out which extended the capabilities of WWE 2K17 far beyond the incremental year-behind updates 2K will provide, potentially, in WWE 2K18. BUT! With that being said, as I look at WWE 2K17's roster, it IS the biggest roster current to date and now remembering how the WWE loves to set records, you all may be right, I may be reading too much into it and they should continue to set a precedent with more people....

But WWE 2K17 only has the biggest roster partly due to era-specific clones, and 2K's inclusion of the NXT wrestlers. ALOT OF WRESTERS WERE OMITTED THAT WERE INCLUDED FROM PAST GAMES, so with that settled... Legends ARE being confirmed into the game, but they all seem to be past inclusions that were omitted aside from the ones we ported over thru the years into the game. In conclusion, I feel the WWE wants to continue pushing it's current talent and minimizing the legends... :)

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, TheGreatLiukage said:

My initial idea was that there was going to be some type of mode where you were going to have to play as Seth Rollins and fend off the legends in a Mortal Kombat "Challenge Tower" mode (which doesn't sound half bad actually), but with the the current revelation that I won't spoil here. I'm banking on there being NO LEGENDS IN THE GAME (aside from current revealtions).

A lot of people speculated okay, Flair's in the game, Macho Man's in the game because of the statue, Andre's in the game because he destroyed the statue... The IC, NWO World Title, Smoking Skull title, are all in the game. etc. etc. BUT, what I gathered from the reveal trailer was ALL OF THIS STUFF HE'S DESTROYING WERE UNLOCKABLES/DLC/PAID DLC alike from past WWE 2K games (including WWE 'xx). So why not, like they've done before. Start anew? They were off to a weird start at WWE 2K15 with the platforms changing and what not... I feel they are going to flip the script with this one. And in order to do that, you got to start new. Hey I may be reaching, but I feel firmly at least that they are going to feature what talent they have now especially with the end quote being "Be Like No One."

I have more I want to speak on, but I really want to hear from the community about this! :)

please just stop. it's just a fucking commercial. good grief and this isn't fucking mortal kombat nor is this an arcade series.

and no legends eh? well this thread is stupid since Kurt was announced as preorder today. 2 versions: American Hero nd ECW Reboot kurt so your thread is completely pointless

FACEPALM

Edited by Jai
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jai said:

please just stop. it's just a fucking commercial. good grief and this isn't fucking mortal kombat nor is this an arcade series.

and no legends eh? well this thread is stupid since Kurt was announced as preorder today. 2 versions: American Hero nd ECW Reboot kurt so your thread is completely pointless

FACEPALM

Bro... contain your chill level. lol I can't delete the thread, if it's so pointless have the moderators delete the post, I'd be fine with it.

SOMEONE'S TRIGGERED :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatLiukage said:

Bro... contain your chill level. lol I can't delete the thread, if it's so pointless have the moderators delete the post, I'd be fine with it.

SOMEONE'S TRIGGERED :/

you mentioned mortal kombat within a wwegames post. i have nothing more to say.

2 hours ago, Jai said:

you mentioned mortal kombat within a wwegames post. i have nothing more to say.

You mentioned mortal kombat, wwe and games in the same post and fail to understand it's all still in the realm of video games and that alone makes the initial post valid just as much as your opinion, that you're entitled to... Yet you still became butt-hurt over a humble, opinionated post.... Which is something I'd assume you knew the definition of according to your title... Nonetheless, the ass of the bunch and the bearer of a sore ass, with nothing more nor left to say is not I... But Jai! 😂😂😂👌

2 hours ago, TheGreatLiukage said:

You mentioned mortal kombat, wwe and games in the same post and fail to understand it's all still in the realm of video games and that alone makes the initial post valid just as much as your opinion, that you're entitled to... Yet you still became butt-hurt over a humble, opinionated post.... Which is something I'd assume you knew the definition of according to your title... Nonetheless, the ass of the bunch and the bearer of a sore ass, with nothing more nor left to say is not I... But Jai! 😂😂😂👌

you need help

anyway this thread should be deleteld closed/locked.

2k/angle just confirmed 3 legends including angle so suck it legend haters

1 hour ago, Jai said:

you need help

Good to know, they are given in any game atleast Sting.
Edited by gamingfan

5 hours ago, Jai said:

you need help

Even though I don't think they'll take out legends nor should they. But for the sake of argument, both Goldy and the Stinger had current runs recently, so they're technically classed apart of the current roster.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Penguin said:

Even though I don't think they'll take out legends nor should they. But for the sake of argument, both Goldy and the Stinger had current runs recently, so they're technically classed apart of the current roster.

yeah but they were actually talking about their legend counterparts not the current versions. i just hope they don't merge 89 91 98 and 99 sting all into 1 damn slot

I almost feel like I should properly read this thread, but it seems like such a chore and I just know it isn't going to be worth it. Based on what I've picked up from the topic title, Bannockburn's extremely insightful post, and the few comments I bothered to read. All I can say is LolNo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigJGadsden said:

Don't be surprised if they limit the amount of legends in the game. The focus is now on newcomers.

no it's not. if you think that you're going to be deeply disappointed. 

if you think you're getting elias samson or tyler bate over Ric Flair or Undertaker you're delusional

12 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

I almost feel like I should properly read this thread, but it seems like such a chore and I just know it isn't going to be worth it. Based on what I've picked up from the topic title, Bannockburn's extremely insightful post, and the few comments I bothered to read. All I can say is LolNo.

anyone that thinks there won't be any legends is either delusional or stupid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jai said:

no it's not. if you think that you're going to be deeply disappointed. 

if you think you're getting elias samson or tyler bate over Ric Flair or Undertaker you're delusional

anyone that thinks there won't be any legends is either delusional or stupid

I agree, but honestly Jeff I wouldn't even bother arguing. Even if you disregard Kurt Angle's inclusion it'll be quickly proven wrong once the roster reveal starts. All the logic and reason in the world isn't going to make a difference here, so just say LolNo and move on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

I agree, but honestly Jeff I wouldn't even bother arguing. Even if you disregard Kurt Angle's inclusion it'll be quickly proven wrong once the roster reveal starts. All the logic and reason in the world isn't going to make a difference here, so just say LolNo and move on.

yeah i'm not.

just like how all the idiots on WLF threw tantrums talking about how 2K was being disrespectful to legends in that trailer. Obviously some people don't know the meaning of disrespectful or what a game with zero legends is.

• Like 2