WWE 2K18 UNREAL ENGINE

UnderTaker1784

If you go to visual concepts website at vcentertainment.com/us/ 

than go to the careers page and search wwe

you will get 4 job listings, select the listing AI Software Engineer 

Inside the job listing at the vary bottom of the Minimum Requirements it reads Unreal Engine Experience Is Strongly Preferred

Now honestly I don't know what to think about it, but there maybe a clue here that wwe 2k18 might be getting developed on the Unreal Engine 4... Share your thoughts below!!!!

Doubt it... It's probably listed because the knowledge of UE can easily be used in other things. Kinda like knowing MS Office lol... Also doubt they'd use UE for a game that's not really the priority of 2K sports. I hope I'm wrong though. Unreal Engine would be visually amazing and probably make this game easier to mod.

It could very well be that they are working on switching to Unreal Engine 4 in the future, as the series could use a complete rework to finally get rid of all the old baggage and limitations with a new engine and UE isn't a bad choice. I highly doubt it will happen 2k18, though. Games take time to develop. Maybe for the 2020 version at earliest.

To make things easier here is the direct link... Visual concepts job posting wwe2k

AI SOFTWARE ENGINEER - WWE 2K

Who We Are:

A pioneer in video games across multiple generations and the creator of some of the top-rated video game franchises including 2K Sports and the NBA 2K series, Visual Concepts is widely regarded as one of the world's top studios. A subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), Visual Concepts continues to innovate in gameplay, creativity and technology. With studios in Marin County, California, Shanghai, China and Seoul, South Korea, Visual Concepts is a culture of excellence and passion for building amazing products year after year, and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.

What We Need:

We are seeking software engineers with experience in game-play systems including AI behavior trees and animation control logic.

Minimum Requirements:

3 years minimum of relevant experience
    Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
    High proficiency in C / C++
    Deep understanding of object oriented programming
    Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
    Able to learn and master complicated code systems
    Able to write clean, bug-free, well-documented and efficient code
    Experience in console development as an engineer is a solid plus
    Passion for videogames
    Good team player
    Unreal Engine experience is strongly preferred

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, UnderTaker1784 said:

If you go to visual concepts website at vcentertainment.com/us/ 

than go to the careers page and search wwe

you will get 4 job listings, select the listing AI Software Engineer 

Inside the job listing at the vary bottom of the Minimum Requirements it reads Unreal Engine Experience Is Strongly Preferred

Now honestly I don't know what to think about it, but there maybe a clue here that wwe 2k18 might be getting developed on the Unreal Engine 4... Share your thoughts below!!!!

as you were told on the 2k forums those job listings are still open

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, hovathagod32 said:

Doubt it... It's probably listed because the knowledge of UE can easily be used in other things. Kinda like knowing MS Office lol... Also doubt they'd use UE for a game that's not really the priority of 2K sports. I hope I'm wrong though. Unreal Engine would be visually amazing and probably make this game easier to mod.

it's no secret i've been one of the most judgemental fans of 2k but to say that wwegames isn't a priority is a bit much. especially al the info and intel i've gotten from that new 2k Liason guy. he's given alot of info as far as how the feedback projects are looked at and such. so i wouldn't lose my faith just yet

Edited by Jai

4 hours ago, mrblacksheep said:

As fun as it is to think this is regarding the wwe games series, this can mean anything. Other game franchises or even a new IP.

Did you not look it clearly says

AI SOFTWARE ENGINEER-WWE 2K

Which clearly means this job posting is indeed for the wwe 2k series....

1 hour ago, UnderTaker1784 said:

Did you not look it clearly says

AI SOFTWARE ENGINEER-WWE 2K

Which clearly means this job posting is indeed for the wwe 2k series....

yeah but it probably won't happen till 2k19 as Zeokage pointed out on the 2k forums since the job listing is still open.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 2:01 PM, UnderTaker1784 said:

To make things easier here is the direct link... Visual concepts job posting wwe2k

AI SOFTWARE ENGINEER - WWE 2K

Who We Are:

A pioneer in video games across multiple generations and the creator of some of the top-rated video game franchises including 2K Sports and the NBA 2K series, Visual Concepts is widely regarded as one of the world's top studios. A subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), Visual Concepts continues to innovate in gameplay, creativity and technology. With studios in Marin County, California, Shanghai, China and Seoul, South Korea, Visual Concepts is a culture of excellence and passion for building amazing products year after year, and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.

What We Need:

We are seeking software engineers with experience in game-play systems including AI behavior trees and animation control logic.

Minimum Requirements:

3 years minimum of relevant experience
    Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
    High proficiency in C / C++
    Deep understanding of object oriented programming
    Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
    Able to learn and master complicated code systems
    Able to write clean, bug-free, well-documented and efficient code
    Experience in console development as an engineer is a solid plus
    Passion for videogames
    Good team player
    Unreal Engine experience is strongly preferred

I'd imagine a $5,000 salary at minimum with those minimum requirements. Jeez

would be cool if it were on UE4. But let's wait and see what this game looks like. People who've seen gameplay say the upgrade is dramatic. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ReLL7thirty said:

I'd imagine a $5,000 salary at minimum with those minimum requirements. Jeez

would be cool if it were on UE4. But let's wait and see what this game looks like. People who've seen gameplay say the upgrade is dramatic. 

i have a BS In Computer Science. guess i should apply 

• 5 months later...

Lets restart the conversation... So it looks like yukes is already confirmed to be working on atleast one project using the unreal engine 4..... Its Earth Defense Force Iron Rain.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/09/19/earth-defense-force-iron-rain-is-looking-very-good-and-this-time-yukes-is-behind-the-wheel/#de7cea15dd01

And forbes is talking about how great the game is...

So my question is can this be used as proof that if wwe2k is moving to unreal engine 4 in future titles that it doesn't necessarily mean that yukes would be leaving the wwe2k series. Also can this be used as more evidence this is happening. I mean look now I have found 2 peaces of evidence one from the visual concepts job search and now yukes is using it on another game. I think yukes and visual concepts are making a wwe2k game on unreal engine 4 but are not going to release it until they feel it is ready. Im still doing more research so maybe ill dig up more evidence.

Edited by UnderTaker1784

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, UnderTaker1784 said:

Lets restart the conversation... So it looks like yukes is already confirmed to be working on atleast one project using the unreal engine 4..... Its Earth Defense Force Iron Rain.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/09/19/earth-defense-force-iron-rain-is-looking-very-good-and-this-time-yukes-is-behind-the-wheel/#de7cea15dd01

And forbes is talking about how great the game is...

So my question is can this be used as proof that if wwe2k is moving to unreal engine 4 in future titles that it doesn't necessarily mean that yukes would be leaving the wwe2k series. Also can this be used as more evidence this is happening. I mean look now I have found 2 peaces of evidence one from the visual concepts job search and now yukes is using it on another game. I think yukes and visual concepts are making a wwe2k game on unreal engine 4 but are not going to release it until they feel it is ready. Im still doing more research so maybe ill dig up more evidence.

yukes is going nowhere

• 1 month later...

New evidence... Job posting...

WWE 2K Job Posing

JUNIOR ANIMATOR - MOTION CAPTURE STAGE (CONTRACTOR)

Who We Are:

Hello! We are 2K Mocap - a lean, efficient workhorse that produces motion capture, audio, and video assets for our developers and clients. We take great pride in our ability to capture, clean, solve, retarget, and deliver truly remarkable amounts of data at the highest quality. We love the art and technology of motion capture and have a lot of fun, combined with a true team spirit.

We foster an environment based on honesty, integrity, and the ability to pick one another up. Succeeding together is the source of our strength.

What We Need:

Are you able to keep up the pace with professional NBA players, WWE athletes and the best acting and directing talent in the industry? Are you pushing technology to its limits, always wanting to be the first with a new toy? We are looking for another positive, energetic team member to join us at 2K mocap.

Your primary responsibility will be the acquisition of performance capture data on our state of the art performance capture stage. You will be trained to properly operate our equipment and execute our pipelines with respect to body, audio and facial data.

Because technology is always changing, we will rely on your sharp mind and aptitude for learning to shape next gen pipelines, including VR/AR and advanced real-time visualizations. If you have the right attitude and aptitude, you should apply.

Job Responsibilities Will Include:

Performer preparation, calibration and general support
Set building and breakdowns
Calibrate and care of the performance capture volume
Running various pipelines and stations
Facial capture
Real time visualization
Quality assurance

Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:

You can take a developer or an animator’s vision and bring it to life
You welcome new and unforeseen problems, because creative solutions are your specialty
You are comfortable with Optitrak Motive, Vicon Blade, Autodesk MotionBuilder and Maya
You stay focused and efficient in the face of mountains of data and tight deadlines
Your detail oriented personality, tenacity, and positive attitude are infectious, encouraging a positive atmosphere
You take direction well, are receptive to critique, and can provide insightful feedback. Appreciation for professional and constructive debate is necessary
Any additional skills, such as audio editing, motion capture cleaning and editing, and programming, we consider a definite plus

Minimum Requirements:

1+ years industry experience or related internship
Education in the field of 3D Animation or Motion Capture
Exposure to either Vicon Blade or Optitrak Motive
Proficient with Autodesk Motionbuilder and Maya
Knowledge of Unreal or Unity engines