WWE2K18 news ! (Possible story mode & pre order bonus)

glennsoe

Major spoilers from pwi, reveals these tweets and then some !!

Sounds great..

Read at your own risk;

credit; Mike Johnson pwinsider.com

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/110351/spoiler-wwes-mysterious-social-media-campaign-is-leading-to.html?p=1

As I reported in the Elite section of PWInsider.com last week, the current WWE social media campaign is leading to a reveal of the WWE 2K18 videogame marketing campaign.

Thus far, the Twitter aspect of the campaign has been to show off items from WWE's history, such as Andre the Giant's WWE Hall of Fame statue or Steve Austin's ATV.  We are told that the items will be revealed to be held inside a "secured facility" that is meant to be the WWE archives, housed like a museum.  In the trailer for the game, someone attacks the facility, vandalizes it and destroys the items.  The vandal is revealed at the end to be Seth Rollins.

The campaign will then lead into the announcement that by pre-ordering the game, fans can receive Kurt Angle as a playable character, with the storyline that he's seeking out the person who did this.  Whether any of this bleeds over into WWE's current storylines remains to be seen, but last year's game campaign was built around the idea of Brock Lesnar vs, Bill Goldberg, which ended up being a big storyline for the company in "real life."

Seth Rollins is slated to appear on ESPN Sportscenter tomorrow, so his teased announcement may be part of the campaign as well.

Edited by glennsoe

3 hours ago, Jai said:

i can't believe no one bothered to post that here yet lol

I was kinda waiting on the official announcement so we could make a 2K18 section, they do these silly teases every year.

13 minutes ago, Penguin said:

I was kinda waiting on the official announcement so we could make a 2K18 section, they do these silly teases every year.

for what it's worth it's pretty much legit since they didn't announce anything prior to e3 and to compare to last year's marketing we're only 2 weeks behind schedule. they released the POB and Cover 2 weeks ago compared to last year.

so there's that.

but yeah i wouldn't do anything till tomorrow.

the only forum i know of that's added a 2k18 section is The Wrestling Legends forum and i think The Smackdown Hotel has done it as well.

If that bled into real life storylines that would make a hell of a contest. Next level game marketing.

If not and it's just a game thing I'm still excited by an actual story mode again.

2 hours ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

So the rumor is possibly true. Hope they won't fuck up the fictional storyline. Last time they did it in WWE '12 it was horrible D':

i really hope that's not what they're going with.

although i find it funny how everyone shitted on 2k showcase when it was about legends but now cause Rollins is on the cover they are happy cause they think they're gonna get some shitty shield showcase.. Unbelievable

don't get me wrong i like Rollins and Ambrose but i'm not interested ins some story that makes you relive some current story. cause it gets us nothing.

2 hours ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

So the rumor is possibly true. Hope they won't fuck up the fictional storyline. Last time they did it in WWE '12 it was horrible D':

I actually liked the story mode for WWE '12.  It wasn't amazing or anything but at least it had a fairly consistent storyline. Besides, WWE have set the bar so low lately that it can't be any worse than the current product.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steenalizer said:

I actually liked the story mode for WWE '12.  It wasn't amazing or anything but at least it had a fairly consistent storyline. Besides, WWE have set the bar so low lately that it can't be any worse than the current product.

i didn't like the spear thru the cell that Austin Arie... i mean Jacob Cass did on nash. i hated that damn Miz/Triple H KOTR Match.

So that whole "who did this this could cost me my career/job thing" is tying into this? It's got moxy... but I don't knooow.

On 2017-6-19 at 7:19 PM, Jai said:

i didn't like the spear thru the cell that Austin Arie... i mean Jacob Cass did on nash. i hated that damn Miz/Triple H KOTR Match.

WWE'12. Ugh I remember my save data corrupted after finishing the first story. Then having to replay it all again. But loved using BrienJ's tools for save data editing on 360. That was the best, the titantron mods were so fun to create, good times. 

12 hours ago, HarlotEffect93 said:

WWE'12. Ugh I remember my save data corrupted after finishing the first story. Then having to replay it all again. But loved using BrienJ's tools for save data editing on 360. That was the best, the titantron mods were so fun to create, good times. 

i never had the save corrupt thing. i've been backing up my data since we could

but yeah the titantron and later minitron editors were great not to mention the skin tone editor since yukes was so dumb to remove it