No Commentary Mod - Files + Tutorial

TheBleedingRed21

**WHAT DOES THIS DO?**

Just as it says, it removes all commentary from the game for EVERY superstar in the game. I got tired of hearing the same lines over and over. I decided to see how to fix this, this was my best solution and I enjoy the game a lot more without any commentary. You will no longer hear it on the matchup screen or in game. This includes normal matches plus UNIVERSE. You WILL have to do some steps yourself, but its very easy and I included a tutorial below so you guys can easily see how to do this.

IT DOES NOT REMOVE THE LILAN GARCIA SELECT NAMES OR RING ANNOUNCEMENTS - NO WORRIES!

**DOWNLOAD**

https://www.mediafire.com/?e9988939zzwwzx2

What is included?
- DLC10_Character_Pack_1.pck
   *This includes the following superstars with their commentary completely eliminated: Eddie Guerrero, Sycho Sid, Tatanka
- Blank.wem
   *This is for YOU to open Sound Editor and inject into the commentary files that you want gone for that superstar.
- Tutorial
 *Tried to make as simple as possible for you guys!

For the rest of the guys in pack 1, you will have to open the .pck as described below and inject the blank.wem I included, I don't use them so didn't spend time muting them.
I did NOT touch pack 2 at all as they are the future legends DLC - I do not use anyone from this DLC.

**INSTRUCTIONS**

Download the above zip file and extract its contents. Follow the tutorial below to get it installed. If you guys have any questions or run into any issues, let me know and I can dig back into them to see what happened. Also let me know if you hear ANY commentary while playing, I have not.

IMPORTANT - DO NOT ZERO OUT THE DLC, IT INCLUDES THE ANNOUNCE NAMES AND THEME MUSIC AS WELL! YOU MUST FOLLOW EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED.

2eefm06.jpg

Edited by TheBleedingRed21
  • Like 4

Forgot to add: BACKUP the DLC files as well. I left that out step one. Even though that is a given to backup!

34 minutes ago, kim666 said:

Tried that and it worked quite well. One Question, why do you fill the files with 00? Can't we just create new empty files and rename them to match the unwanted commentary files?

You possibly could but I like to leave files like that the same size. Hex editing doesn't change the file size. Not sure if that'd work becuase the game would still be trying to play a file. By filling it with 00s, the code to trigger that file is gone.

For the DLC, that wouldn't work because it includes the SFX so you'd have to still follow the above. 

31 minutes ago, TheBleedingRed21 said:

You possibly could but I like to leave files like that the same size. Hex editing doesn't change the file size. Not sure if that'd work becuase the game would still be trying to play a file. By filling it with 00s, the code to trigger that file is gone.

For the DLC, that wouldn't work because it includes the SFX so you'd have to still follow the above. 

Of course. That makes sense. 

• 1 month later...

Here are the DLC10_Character_Pack_1.pck and DLC30_Character_Pack_2.pck files with each superstar's commentary files replaced with the blank .wem file. It'll save people a little bit of time.

Download Link

Great job on the mod, makes playing the game more enjoyable.