Mods from older games?

deathwagen

I am trying to transfer a 2k16 mod (la parka) to 2k17. The problem is that after I change the emd number using hex editor, install into 2k17, my game freezes at ring entrance. If I use xpacker to extract, then inject into another 2k16 pac, same result. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Are some mods not compatible for some reason?

Edited by deathwagen

The total file size is 71.7 Mb. Isn't the cutoff 80?

Thank you for letting me know the file is available. However, I am doing this mostly for learning purposes. Kind of an ocd thing if you could relate.
I was able to port default pacs from 2k16 no problem. So I think I got the process down. I think, haha.

I just checked on WWE2k17+ and la parka is not there. :( But outside of that, I was trying to gather intel on why it isn't converting correctly. Did you have any suggestions as to where or how to learn how to make mods compatible with 2k17?

Edited by deathwagen

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2017 at 1:15 AM, deathwagen said:

I just checked on WWE2k17+ and la parka is not there. :( But outside of that, I was trying to gather intel on why it isn't converting correctly. Did you have any suggestions as to where or how to learn how to make mods compatible with 2k17?

I haven't looked at La Parka specifically but there are probably some old 2k15 files in there or some missing objects in a yobj that crash 2k17.  Having ported a lot of stuff, I can tell you it's trial and error to get it to work.  You'd need to know what the original creator used as a base and work backward from there most likely. 

On 19/05/2017 at 2:15 AM, deathwagen said:

You should check again. La Parka is available on 2K17+.

Check your filters. I notice that sometimes the downloads pane gets filtered by new stuff and you have to move the other names back over. Make sure my name is on the left side of the filters box and La Parka should show up in the list.

• Like 1