how to delete mods?

delong212

YOU WILL NEVER DELETE MY MODS!!!!!

Serious reply - back up your save file, then go to your Steam library and right-click on WWE 2K17 and click Properties. Then go to the Local tab and click Verify integrity of game cache. This will then wipe out anything that's modded. You might still have to manually reinstall any pofos, either to "lock" the ones installed in blank slots or to reinstall the defaults if you overwrote any. I think.

nope this didnt work.   

ok i got them uninstalled but i now have a random blank superstar that sits above aiden english that I cant seem to get rid of.  and no clue where it came from

Edited by delong212

4 hours ago, 4 Life said:

YOU WILL NEVER DELETE MY MODS!!!!!

Serious reply - back up your save file, then go to your Steam library and right-click on WWE 2K17 and click Properties. Then go to the Local tab and click Verify integrity of game cache. This will then wipe out anything that's modded. You might still have to manually reinstall any pofos, either to "lock" the ones installed in blank slots or to reinstall the defaults if you overwrote any. I think.

Now that we've established how to delete mods can you tell me how to delete admins so we can get rid of Codes?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, delong212 said:

nope this didnt work.   

ok i got them uninstalled but i now have a random blank superstar that sits above aiden english that I cant seem to get rid of.  and no clue where it came from

So it did work then :lol You just have to do the pofo parts manually. The name likely isn't showing up correctly because you now have the base string file and you need to install the Super String again. You may also need to clear out your chunk cache files. After that, the name will show and you can then load up their pofo in Data Editor and lock that slot.

6 hours ago, 4 Life said:

So it did work then :lol You just have to do the pofo parts manually. The name likely isn't showing up correctly because you now have the base string file and you need to install the Super String again. You may also need to clear out your chunk cache files. After that, the name will show and you can then load up their pofo in Data Editor and lock that slot.

Your method didn't work but I had to use CCT to manually uninstall them and the blank superstar was in there before hand and didn't have a clue on how it go there

5 hours ago, delong212 said:

Your method didn't work but I had to use CCT to manually uninstall them and the blank superstar was in there before hand and didn't have a clue on how it go there

I did say that it wouldn't uninstall pofos so you'd have to do that manually, but it would uninstall any other mods.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but my game has had some SERIOUS issues lately. somehow mods that were working fine broke my game.

I have 4 blank spaces above Aiden English. I have done a clean insatll, reinjected everything, deleted all string files and reloaded the super string.

Where can I back up my CaWs (and title) and start at 100% clean?

I haven't touched this game in over a month because of how broken it has become!!!